+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: For the love of god gamigo, its almost 2020!! give us auto loot already. What the actual F

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    10

    Angry For the love of god gamigo, its almost 2020!! give us auto loot already. What the actual F

    At this point i bet most of us are even willing to pay real cash for a stat-less, non-combat pet that does nothing but loot for you, it doesn't even have to be in diligence shop! put in the credit shop, make it expensive even! just don't make me manually loot thousand times everyday.

    Sincerely yours,
    Everyone

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    174
    Quote Originally Posted by teete1 View Post
    At this point i bet most of us are even willing to pay real cash for a stat-less, non-combat pet that does nothing but loot for you, it doesn't even have to be in diligence shop! put in the credit shop, make it expensive even! just don't make me manually loot thousand times everyday.

    Sincerely yours,
    Everyone
    Lol, in a way we do have auto loot. Don't forget that originally would have to open the bags/bodies and select each and every item you wanted. In fact, used to be long ago that players would have to take turns looting and you would hope that person didn't steal your ♥♥♥♥. Then they added loot master type of system, which is still an option. Lastly, they finally made the "auto loot" system we have where a single press of a button will automatically collect the items within the corpse or corpses around you.

    The current system isn't that hard but I do agree, would be nice to have one less thing to worry about especially when grinding huge groups at a time within raids or whatever.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Pockethealz View Post
    Lol, in a way we do have auto loot. Don't forget that originally would have to open the bags/bodies and select each and every item you wanted. In fact, used to be long ago that players would have to take turns looting and you would hope that person didn't steal your ♥♥♥♥. Then they added loot master type of system, which is still an option. Lastly, they finally made the "auto loot" system we have where a single press of a button will automatically collect the items within the corpse or corpses around you.

    The current system isn't that hard but I do agree, would be nice to have one less thing to worry about especially when grinding huge groups at a time within raids or whatever.
    Yes, technically you are the right there is a auto-loot function that allows you loot everything with a single button. But as a ranged class with high kil speed i have to run to mobs and click f countless times. Meanwhile on legacy with a autoloot powerstone you realize the difference auto loot pets make is massive. Astellia online has auto loot and for many it was one of the main selling points

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    110
    Quote Originally Posted by Pockethealz View Post
    Lol, in a way we do have auto loot. Don't forget that originally would have to open the bags/bodies and select each and every item you wanted. In fact, used to be long ago that players would have to take turns looting and you would hope that person didn't steal your ♥♥♥♥. Then they added loot master type of system, which is still an option. Lastly, they finally made the "auto loot" system we have where a single press of a button will automatically collect the items within the corpse or corpses around you.

    The current system isn't that hard but I do agree, would be nice to have one less thing to worry about especially when grinding huge groups at a time within raids or whatever.
    it's not automatic therefore it's not auto loot. plain and simple. your logic makes no sense whatsoever.
    auto looting is even a standard in many games already, and those in which you can't make your pets loot automatically, you can at least p2w the feature somehow. since it's a remnant of a p2w game, it should be accessible to everyone in the game.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    174
    Quote Originally Posted by Auxi View Post
    it's not automatic therefore it's not auto loot. plain and simple. your logic makes no sense whatsoever.
    auto looting is even a standard in many games already, and those in which you can't make your pets loot automatically, you can at least p2w the feature somehow. since it's a remnant of a p2w game, it should be accessible to everyone in the game.
    Fully automatic vs semi-automatic....both are auto. You're asking for fully automatic which many games are trying to steer clear from. I'm assuming you haven't played many MMO to appreciate what I mentioned in the prior comment.

    There were discussions and arguments about it in threads like you can read at https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ot-Good-or-Bad

    You also have the other side from that of a developer kind of discussing looting at https://gamedev.stackexchange.com/qu...re-nor-frustra

    Some are even advocating for a complete change to loot itself, saying that much of the sorting through inventory and having to vendor or disassemble old gear wastes a lot of time. I mean, it says a little more than that, but yeah, you can check it out at https://massivelyop.com/2019/04/29/n...-free-of-loot/


    Lastly, we could always go the direction that some games are trying to move toward and let the game play for you. Many mobile games are doing it and some PC based MMO have also done it, where the characters auto run from quest giver to quest location. Heck, in some they'll even fight for you.

    https://www.gamerefinery.com/automat...5-things-know/

    https://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion...o-play-systems

    https://kotaku.com/its-nice-to-have-...day-1820812114

    Key idea though is it's not a manual loot system where you have to click on the body of each thing AND then on each item you want within the corpse. The game has offered a more automated version where you only click one button and it will automatically (see the 2 "auto" there?) remove the items from the location and place them in your inventory. So yeah, it is "auto loot."

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    174
    Oh, and btw, we'll be getting the auto loot you want in the future. You just need to hold on. Pet is already in the diligence shop, they just haven't given us the stones to grant it the ability. Try being patient.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    110
    Quote Originally Posted by Pockethealz View Post
    Fully automatic vs semi-automatic....both are auto. You're asking for fully automatic which many games are trying to steer clear from. I'm assuming you haven't played many MMO to appreciate what I mentioned in the prior comment.
    Stopped reading here. Given that you have extremely poor reading comprehension (which some people do and it's okay), you seem to not get the fact that we're talking about actual, full auto looting instead of your mental gymnastic "semi auto looting", which isn't auto looting at all. You can even call having to press one button for each item "semi". It's not the point. But again, poor reading comprehension will lead you to assume that everything is somehow "automatic". I suggest you Google the term semi automatic before using it in some twisted mental gymnastics. And while you're at it, to gather some mmo experience yourself. Aside from most generic kmmos, even AAA stuff like FFXIV have auto loot as their standard.
    I won't expect a proper, logical reply anyway, so I'll just leave this here.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    110
    .

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    174
    Quote Originally Posted by Auxi View Post
    Stopped reading here. Given that you have extremely poor reading comprehension (which some people do and it's okay), you seem to not get the fact that we're talking about actual, full auto looting instead of your mental gymnastic "semi auto looting", which isn't auto looting at all. You can even call having to press one button for each item "semi". It's not the point. But again, poor reading comprehension will lead you to assume that everything is somehow "automatic". I suggest you Google the term semi automatic before using it in some twisted mental gymnastics. And while you're at it, to gather some mmo experience yourself. Aside from most generic kmmos, even AAA stuff like FFXIV have auto loot as their standard.
    I won't expect a proper, logical reply anyway, so I'll just leave this here.
    Attacking the person rather than the argument, such as you did above, is a logical fallacy. It often is done when someone is incapable of supporting an argument.

    That said, let me answer you on reading comprehension and experience:

    I'm 33 years old. I have a college degree, served as a board member for a nonprofit as their chief compliance officer, have managed retail locations, served on a solutions fund committee where I had to review grant applications, etc. My IQ testing done by a neuropsychologist is above average.

    As to MMORPG, I've been playing since I was a 14. I've played Final Fantasy XI, World of Warcraft, Everquest, 4Story, Star Wars: The Old Republic, Rift, Defiance, Guild Wars, Wildstar, TERA, Bless Online, League of Legends, Final Fantasy XIV, and quite a few others. In fact, I used to stream under a different username.

    Lastly, work on your own reading comprehension. I'll go ahead and help you a bit, as you've shown you can't handle it on your own.

    Semi is a prefix, meaning it can be placed on the beginning of a word to add meaning. The definition of "semi" is "half or partly." Thus when one says semi-automatic it means "partly automatic." I then explained this by saying "The game has offered a more automated version where you only click one button and it will automatically (see the 2 "auto" there?) remove the items from the location and place them in your inventory. So yeah, it is "auto loot.'"

    I also had acknowledged that you want a fully automatic loot system and referred you to various places where you could read about the pros and cons from others. In addition, I cautioned how such things can lead to games being played for you, such as how China is leaning more toward auto questing. People like yourself are getting too lazy to immerse yourselves in the game.

  10. #10
    lol top quality cringe there, thanks for your CV

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts