+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Thunder Dash Mount

The Thunder Dash Mount

The Mounts Collection Achievement, 'Stormy Soul' requires you to collect a Thunder Dash Mount. However, as far as I can't tell there is no way of getting this mount, and here's why.

Once, long, long, ago, in an version of AA long since past, the world boss Hanure in Hasla dropped a mount called an Earthen Roar, and a item called an Essence. If Nui blessed you with good RNG you could eventually get both, and using the Essence, upgrade your Earthen Roar mount into the Thunder Dash. However in today's version of the game, Hanure no longer drops either of these.

After consulting my in game community, I have been advised, you can craft these with Manastorm Crystals. Or so everyone appeared to think. When I checked the Folio's Manastorm Mount list, neither the Earthen Roar nor the Thunder Dash are to be found. I have also checked the other stores shuch as the Guild Star Merchant, Vocation Badge shop, the Honour shop and lastly the Arena shop. Not found them anywhere.

Oddly, I did notice that the mount 'Steel Lightning' appears twice on the list, and there is an item called Crimson Lightning Essence'. The info on this Essence syas 'Necessary to evolve an Earthen Roar into Crimson Lightning', which is very odd as there Crimson Lightning mount is already on the Manastorm list and can be crafted directly.

All very strange.

So my question is this: Is it still possible to obtain and upgrade the Earthen Roar in to the Thunder Dash, or obtain the Thunder Dash directly, in any way, and if so how?
    Lifetime Resident of: Lucius -->Nazar -->Thunderwing -->Kadum -->Dochul
    Eternal Wanderer of: Leviathan --> Retribution -->Jakar
    Ocean Explorer of: Gildaron -->Hieronimus
    Survivor Of: Trion Worlds -->Gamigo

It appears you have confused several mounts and their upgrades.

Once upon a time in AA, the world boss Hanure dropped the Earthen Roar mount and an essence. With 10 of the essence you could upgrade Earthen Roar to the Crimson Lightning mount. It has now been changed such that Hanure no longer drops the mount or essence. You get the mount directly with manastorm crystals and if you already have the Earthen Roar, you can buy an essence with less manastorm crystals to upgrade it to Crimson Lightning.

Additionally,you used to buy the Stormdarter mount from the honor shop and when the mount reached level 50, you would receive a quest from the honor point collector to upgrade it to the Thunderdash mount. Now, you buy the Stormdarter "soul" from the Gilda Star Soul Merchant in Marianople/Austera and grow it with the Small Breath of Life and specified materials. Since I already have the mount, I'm presuming when it is leveled to 50, you will receive the quest to upgrade to Thunderdash from the honor point collector, just as before.

Steel Lightning (a blue version of Crimson Lightning) is a separate mount that was originally offered for credits and is now available from manastorm crystals.

Quote Originally Posted by Aislinna View Post
    It appears you have confused several mounts and their upgrades.

Once upon a time in AA, the world boss Hanure dropped the Earthen Roar mount and an essence. With 10 of the essence you could upgrade Earthen Roar to the Crimson Lightning mount. It has now been changed such that Hanure no longer drops the mount or essence. You get the mount directly with manastorm crystals and if you already have the Earthen Roar, you can buy an essence with less manastorm crystals to upgrade it to Crimson Lightning.

Additionally,you used to buy the Stormdarter mount from the honor shop and when the mount reached level 50, you would receive a quest from the honor point collector to upgrade it to the Thunderdash mount. Now, you buy the Stormdarter "soul" from the Gilda Star Soul Merchant in Marianople/Austera and grow it with the Small Breath of Life and specified materials. Since I already have the mount, I'm presuming when it is leveled to 50, you will receive the quest to upgrade to Thunderdash from the honor point collector, just as before.

Steel Lightning (a blue version of Crimson Lightning) is a separate mount that was originally offered for credits and is now available from manastorm crystals.
    OMG THANK YOU!!

I'v been scratching my head over how to get the Thunder Dash for so long. Thank you for such a clear and concise answer.

For bonus points, does anyone know what the quest to upgrade the Stormdarter mount involves?

TY AGAIN for this perfect answer!

You're welcome. The upgrade to Thunderdash used to be a 30k honor (if I remember right) item that is no longer available, so I would guess it requires honor forged medals now or something similar. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Aislinna View Post
    You're welcome. The upgrade to Thunderdash used to be a 30k honor (if I remember right) item that is no longer available, so I would guess it requires honor forged medals now or something similar. Good luck.
    The bonus points are yours. TY again, and again. Looking forwards to that Thunder Dash

+ Reply to Thread