+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: hello, new player here

hello, new player here

not a new mmorpg player though. i was looking for similar terror necromancer build like in GW2, to survive and unleash hell on opponents. doesnt matter dps or prolonged fights i just dont wanna die quickly dont want insta cced for any occasions so what say you?.

Quote Originally Posted by dostunuz View Post
    not a new mmorpg player though. i was looking for similar terror necromancer build like in GW2, to survive and unleash hell on opponents. doesnt matter dps or prolonged fights i just dont wanna die quickly dont want insta cced for any occasions so what say you?.
    You'll have to explain better for those of us who haven't played GW2. I can give you all sorts of suggestions but until I know more of what you're wanting in terms of CC, tankiness, DoT vs nuke, etc. then it's all pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by Pockethealz View Post
    You'll have to explain better for those of us who haven't played GW2. I can give you all sorts of suggestions but until I know more of what you're wanting in terms of CC, tankiness, DoT vs nuke, etc. then it's all pointless.
    hi thanks for the answer. im looking a defensive build with dot plus little cc capability i simply dont wanna get stunlocked or get nuked.

hi thanks for the answer. im looking a defensive build with dot plus very little cc capability i simply dont wanna get stunlocked or get nuked.
    Hmm, I've got good news and bad news. The bad news is CC is a pain in the game and we don't have a whole lot to help avoid it or to prevent getting nuked down. You're basically going to be choosing based on gear whether you want to be easily killed by melee, by casters, or to be equally strong/weak to them both with no specialization against either.

If you didn't say it had to be a defensive build, I really was wondering if you'd like something like Witch Doctor (Occultism/Witchcraft/Malediction) which has a lot of CC, DoT, and can actually hit pretty hard.

Depending on what you mean by defensive build, we can always look at Skullknight which used to be a favorite by people. It's tough to learn and you've got a few play styles. Skullknight is Sorcerer/Malediction/Defense.

Before I go tossing out a bunch of random things though, please give me as much detail on play style as you can. I'm sitting here answering more caster just because I'm seeing the word "necromancer" but you might be looking more for things like Darkrunner or Executioner, which are two of the higher melee dps in the game and hurt like hell.

your advice is much appreciated mate. i was thinking a caster build like i said above and i liked witcher doctor/skullknight options. it would seem these are would fit my playstyle so is there any guide how to proceed (both leveling and pvp) with these two builds anywhere?. alas if i cant avoid cc or nuke at least i wanna prolong my battles.

In AA/AAU you are not locked into any build, once you have levelled up a skill you can swap into it whenever you want. Dont worry about pvp till you gear up a bit.

A bigger choice is the type of gear you want to use: plate/leather/cloth - as the newbie story quest gives you a full set of one of these. Not impossible to get a different set later on but involves a bit of time and hassle.

tldr: Pick any build that you enjoy playing while you go through the noob quests. Swap it if you want.

your advice is much appreciated mate. i was thinking a caster build like i said above and i liked witcher doctor/skullknight options. it would seem these are would fit my playstyle so is there any guide how to proceed (both leveling and pvp) with these two builds anywhere?. alas if i cant avoid cc or nuke at least i wanna prolong my battles.
    Just realized I messed up in what I said above, it's what I get for going off the top of my head. Skullknight is actually Defense/Auramancy/Occultism. The build I mentioned of Sorcery/Defense/Malediction is actually Ebonshield. Not sure why I mixed up the names except to say it's tough to remember everything off the top of your head sometimes.

Skullknight in itself would have little to no damage and is meant purely to be raid vs raid, to CC and try to survive while others essentially pwn whatever you're fighting. It is more of an older spec that you don't see newer players use as much mainly because it is more for survival and to annoy the hell out of players, whereas the current meta is to just destroy people and have high mobility. If you want to see a bit of Skullknight in action, you can kind of see a good one at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2VPcBnibAgo and they have their build shared at https://archeagecodex.com/us/calc/488554/ Lastly, their gear is at https://archeagecalculator.com/?a=d4012013&b=9

As to the build I mentioned that is actually Ebonshield, I'll pass along some info but overall you should probably forget about it. I know someone who plays it well but after looking at their build and gear, realized it's an advanced mechanics and not something to suggest to someone new to the game as it's incredibly hard to pull off successfully. Essentially he did 7 abilities in Sorcery and Malediction so he gets the crit chance and crit damage passives and then 4 in Defense to get Physical Defense and Shield Block increases as well. He went 4 cloth and 3 plate for gear, picked up physical defense shield, added physical damage reduction on gear, and then stacked magic defense gems on lot of gear. I know he has magic crit bonuses on gear too, but forget how he did it.

If you want to hear more, I can try to talk to him, but at least gives small picture. Overall if you go for his build, it doesn't get awesome until you're far into ancestral, as his build relies on lot of instant casts than can overwhelm raids. Purpose of Defense tree was just for the physical defense bonus and for things like Redoubt and Shield Slam which increase block rates. Then he did ancestral Imprison to create a wall that helps him to distance himself from enemies a bit if needed. Where it's difficult is he didn't really spec into escaping CC, so if hit he's stuck waiting. However, like he said, lot of times he pwns them from a distance and can survive a few hits, hehe.

many thanks this is a great start for a newbie.

I never played GW2 and don't know how the dot classes are. I used dot style playing in other games but it's not really existing in archeage. One of the things you can do is using a good battle pet adapted to your play style and use it to "dot" while you kite from further and try to slow or trap the target.

Hallo bin neu hier und habe eine Frage wo bekomme ich Gilda-Staub und Minerralwasser her?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast