+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Exile System is absolutely broken and must be heavily reformed

I believe that Pirates shouldn't be called "Faction" as they'll always be "Weaker" faction at that point, since number of Pirates are limited. And Pirates shouldn't be taken into whole Exile thing. Pirates is the place where people, who want to spice things up, go

Quote Originally Posted by Kairiozuki View Post
    I believe that Pirates shouldn't be called "Faction" as they'll always be "Weaker" faction at that point, since number of Pirates are limited. And Pirates shouldn't be taken into whole Exile thing. Pirates is the place where people, who want to spice things up, go
    Ok, I really wish they would provide patch notes, it's very unprofessional. This is the information I know so far on what has changed.

The pirate limit was removed, it's no longer 100, it's unlimited.

There is no language requirement needed for pirate.

An exile can join any guild and become a hero, there aren't any limitations.

You cannot open the exile support bundle since the 'timewinder tokens' are tied to the daily loyalty button which was removed for AAU.

Faction strength is based off of faction related quests in contested areas like whalesong, aegis, castle quests, and auroria bosses. Really a lack of information on what constitutes faction strength though, so it could be more things.

Pirate :)

Big true, I went pirate when I was really tired with no intention of staying and now I want to quit because all my friends are on West / East and I can literally never go back lol

As a current pirate I can confirm this system has begun to strangle the pirate faction to death on my server. We have several people who came pirate for the title or just to try it and did not like it. They'll more than likely quit the game since they can now never leave. Pirate population is also dwindling as people who wanted to reroll are stuck on east(the weaker faction) and we've only had 1 west exile that was an accident when he was messing with the menu. So, effectively 0 new pirates. As numbers dwindle due to this issue the pirates that are left are fighting a losing morale battle as they begin to struggle to complete events and content with their stunted numbers. This just becomes a loop where the faction can't complete content, so no one wants to join, so they don't gain the numbers to complete content. Please re-enable the old pirate quest for people that want to permanently join/leave pirate.

Easy potential fixes:

Fix #1:
    -Keep the Exile system so people from the strongest faction can transfer to Pirate for free.
    -Reintroduce the Pirate quest to join the faction (with the 200 gold ingots cost).
    -Reintroduce the 12 Doubloons cost to leave the faction.

------

Fix #2:
    -Make the following changes to the Exile system:
    1)All Nations are able to join the Pirate faction until the Pirate faction is no longer the weakest faction. At which point, the doors are locked.
    2)Keep it so Exiles can return to their original faction at any point following a 30 day cooldown.

Easy. Logical. Keeps Pirates as Pirates. Prevents people from going in and out for no reason/little thought.

-------

Fix#3:
    -If, for some ungodly reason, you still think the current system works as intended:
    1)At least issue a one-time token to any who went Pirate to give them a chance to go back to their Original Faction. Most of the people who went did so at a time when there was still a way to go back. They may have had friends join the game that they cannot play with. Their friends may have left and they may now regret living the solo life on Pirate. Tons of reasons exist but you need to at least do the right thing, especially after you said you would.

Quote Originally Posted by oyvey View Post
    Easy potential fixes:

Fix #1:
    -Keep the Exile system so people from the strongest faction can transfer to Pirate for free.
    -Reintroduce the Pirate quest to join the faction (with the 200 gold ingots cost).
    -Reintroduce the 12 Doubloons cost to leave the faction.

------

Fix #2:
    -Make the following changes to the Exile system:
    1)All Nations are able to join the Pirate faction until the Pirate faction is no longer the weakest faction. At which point, the doors are locked.
    2)Keep it so Exiles can return to their original faction at any point following a 30 day cooldown.

Easy. Logical. Keeps Pirates as Pirates. Prevents people from going in and out for no reason/little thought.

-------

Fix#3:
    -If, for some ungodly reason, you still think the current system works as intended:
    1)At least issue a one-time token to any who went Pirate to give them a chance to go back to their Original Faction. Most of the people who went did so at a time when there was still a way to go back. They may have had friends join the game that they cannot play with. Their friends may have left and they may now regret living the solo life on Pirate. Tons of reasons exist but you need to at least do the right thing, especially after you said you would.
    I like your fix suggestions, I just wish they'd expedite the process a bit. I stopped playing a week ago and I do want to play, there's just no point when my server has dwindled down from 100 actives pirates to about 15 over the past month. This system made it a lot worse, who would want to exile over to a dead pirate faction with all the negatives when they have no way to return for a long time? The title isn't worth it at that point. We constantly had people replacing inactives with the quests. I would rather have the 100 limit again with the quests back than this.

On runert, it was actually pretty even in strength but exile is completely ruining the balance and killing our server with one-sided events now.

They gotta fix this now! They provided so little info on this and people will quit because this system makes no sense.
    They should remove pirate cap and let you return at the same time

Bump they broke an entire faction and are ignoring by saying "THEY MIGHT NEED TO TALK ABOUT CHANGING THE QUEST" no guys you broke the faction you need to fix this hahaha this is a joke that people need to send any info about this at all like the CMs on discord should not have to "Raise awareness"

pls kill me still stuck, guess im waiting 30 days without logging in

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast