+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Archepass locked again

Post Archepass locked again

Archepass completely locked at weekly restart. WTF is going on with this. They must love handing us things with one hand just to slap us with the other hand. We paid to play this version of the game and they running it like some garbage alpha test.

For me and another guildi it's only the basic pass thats blocked. It was the only one I boosted and was working on, as it was working on the premium one. I was told the archepass still goes until about 20.1.
    Or is it now ended and thats why we got the boosters ?

Same boat. Archepass quests locked and would need to open them again with Gildas. Funny thing is that alts quests are open. *sigh*

Cannot select Basic Pass. The rest are completed.

cannot select.jpg

The Basic Pass does say it expires 30.12.2019. at 00:00. So I am guessing it expired and did not reset or the date is wrong and is supposed to reset when the other passes expire too. Either way. Should be accessible.

I'm on the equipment path, and after clicking the change mission button, my archepass quests locked up. I can't keep unlocking them for every little thing.

are we even supposed to have to unlock them after swapping to another archepass?

I think it may be linked to the archepass booster in new and announcements: " These are intended to be used for the current season of ArchePasses: Vocation, Combat and Equipment (not Basic) and thus will have a timer placed on them in an upcoming update." I think maybe they accidentally turned off the Basic when implementing the booster.

Quote Originally Posted by Azurl View Post
    I'm on the equipment path, and after clicking the change mission button, my archepass quests locked up. I can't keep unlocking them for every little thing.

are we even supposed to have to unlock them after swapping to another archepass?
    If you switch to a different archepass - Yes - You have to pay the gildas/hammers to unlock again. Thats why you want to finish one before changing to another.

Quote Originally Posted by dumbo View Post
    I think it may be linked to the archepass booster in new and announcements: " These are intended to be used for the current season of ArchePasses: Vocation, Combat and Equipment (not Basic) and thus will have a timer placed on them in an upcoming update." I think maybe they accidentally turned off the Basic when implementing the booster.
    I highly doubt that.
    The date when the passes would end was like this from the first day when the passes were re-introduced.
    So it was visibile from the middle of December (or whenever the passes came back) that the basic archepass would end on December 30 while the others end later in January.
    The booster came way later than that.
    A child of song, a child of rage
    Abandoned in another age
    Now ancient hate and rhymes that bind
    Make paradise a tomb divine
    And demons trapped in beauty’s thrall
    Hunt those who heed the bloodsong’s call.

Quote Originally Posted by dumbo View Post
    If you switch to a different archepass - Yes - You have to pay the gildas/hammers to unlock again. Thats why you want to finish one before changing to another.
    I didn't switch archepass, I was on the same archepass, I pressed the change mission button and my quests locked.

I think people are overthinking the boosters. This looks a lot more like inconsistent coding of dates in the overall ArchePass.

IIRC, the original end date for this season pass was 12/30 for all passes. The date was extended due to the problems and downtime; however, for whatever reason, they extended only the three better passes but didn't extend basic.

My guess is that the end date is coded into multiple tables: the GUI window we interact with, behind the scenes where the possible quest list is, behind the scenes where the possible rewards for each pass is listed, ect. When XL extended the dates, they likely did not change the dates in ALL of the places where it was coded. I expect XL did a junky quick-fix and only changed the dates in the highest priority date locations and did not verify all probable conditions for conflicts.

If it re-locked for you, the reason may be a conflict in how your GUI is reading the dates and which dates are being prioritized.

My main relocked; my alt did not. Some condition triggered re-lock for some and not others.
    I don't know what that condition is. If I were debugging it, I'd start by looking at classes of characters who: did some Basic pass progress before end; did any AP progress before removal; did progress on multiple passes in either early days or only after AP return; ect.

Legacy players have seen similar such bugs related to conflicting timestamps and such so I really suspect this is another issue of how dates are handled in the code. This looks related to the extension. It may also be why the new "available always" Basic pass is now locked for so many: there is now conflict in the code for end and renewal dates. The Basic code might be "seeing" the new dates for the other passes and so hasn't restarted. Just guesses.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast