+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Do not add progression scrolls to the Dil store

Do not add progression scrolls to the Dil store

"ArcheAge Unchained #newsSERVERToday at 9:45 AM
    Hello everyone!

With the marketplace update today we will be introducing 3 new items to the Diligence Coin store:

• 10x Hiram Awakening Scroll - 20 Diligence Coins
    • Decrystallization Scroll - 30 Diligence Coins
    • Runescribe Quill - 25 Diligence Coins

These items will be available until the next season of the ArchePass arrives, happy Hiraming"

Please, do not do this.
    tldr
    There should never be direct progression items available for purchase via any currency system. Otherwise why are these items either gated and or untradeable in the first place?

Youve already given away synth benefits - meh
    Youve already given away archepass boosters - *sigh*
    Now youre about to giveaway free progression - Hard strike #1
    Whats next, free experience or awakening levels?

This is a slap in the face, at least to me. I have spent a lot of time over the last two months breaking my mind to run dailies, to pvp, to do whatever to get scrolls to advance on my own personal curve. Only to see the announcement today that all my hardwork is going to be given away basically for free. Two months of playtime I could have saved so to say. At the very least these items should be part of the crafting system... Which one of them already is.

I fail to see how this is helpful to the actual core of the game and core playerbase. I fail to see why these systems even exist if you are just going to keep giving away freebies to loophole those systems. The only real investment system we have in ArcheAge now that its now "P2W" is our actual time. The time we invest is what keeps at least me hooked, and you're disregarding my time. I can not speak for others but I don't believe im the only person that may feel this way.

Quote Originally Posted by ListenPlease View Post

This is a slap in the face, at least to me. I have spent a lot of time over the last two months breaking my mind to run dailies, to pvp, to do whatever to get scrolls to advance on my own personal curve. Only to see the announcement today that all my hardwork is going to be given away basically for free. Two months of playtime I could have saved so to say. At the very least these items should be part of the crafting system... Which one of them already is.

I fail to see how this is helpful to the actual core of the game and core playerbase. I fail to see why these systems even exist if you are just going to keep giving away freebies to loophole those systems. The only real investment system we have in ArcheAge now that its now "P2W" is our actual time. The time we invest is what keeps at least me hooked, and you're disregarding my time. I can not speak for others but I don't believe im the only person that may feel this way.
    Please pay attention to your own argument here. Unless you are claiming to have perfectly upgraded gear, you will still benefit and keep ahead of everyone else. You, just like others, will be able to earn diligence through your TIME spent in game. You also fail to remember that these scrolls and infusions require LABOR and GOLD to use. Even if given these scrolls, there's still a lot of grinding and limitations to players.

This is helpful to the core of the game and player base as most of the game happens at max level. Questing is done fairly quick and we all hit lv 55+ at which point we grind the same stuff repeatedly. As it stands people are hitting walls and waiting for good numbers of players to get geared for things like Red Dragon, Black Dragon, Kraken, Kadum, etc. With many of these things requiring at lv 6k gear, this will HELP to bring the floor up a little bit while keeping those who made progress toward the ceiling staying ahead.

Only way you should be complaining is if you're telling us that you're one of these people want to go grief newer and lower level players. Cause otherwise you have no legitimate complaint here...

nice

this is nice for casual players
    we cant beat hardcore players but we can progress

This is the best move they have made, makes the game even less grindy now and I dont feel like I have to do every single daily possible.

Good Work Gamigo. Keep it up.

First of all in general (not directed to OP) i want to say that I didnt hear those ppl who were more ahead in the first 2 months complaining when they got a lot out of the AP issues and first compensation before they disabled it. Those ppl had a big advantage for a long time with masses lb and dl coins. I have a feeling that a lot of them now complain, not all there will be ppl also who got it mostly by only hard work.
    Till now we have seen a lot of problems with AP and instances etc which didnt hurt everyone equally, all this had a big influence on the progression for many ppl which caused not equal possibilities for everyone.

There is no good way to repair this problem. This is a temp event and has its pros and cons but it is also temp. Hopefully when next season of AP starts we can all start at a more equal ground.

Also i dont see any problem to put these items in dl coins shop maybe with some adjustment of the price for some the price feels to low. The dl coins you earn with the AP not rl money.

Just IMHO

Especially decrystalization - this is needed. Additionally, none of these things are being paid for with credits (cash). This puts everyone on the same footing to earn diligence coins and be able to obtain the same amount.

So, IMHO, its a good thing.

Treating the awakening process as an important an good part of the progression is just weird, because it isn't actually gated by activity, but by RNG.

Person A may be extremely lucky and have an immediate success. All he needs to awaken a T1 item to T2 is 10 hiram awakening scrolls and 300lp.
    Person B may be the unluckiest person alive and always fails until 100% and always crystallizes. He needs 190 hiram awakning scrolls, 5.700lp and 190.000 honor - for 1 item.

Now multiply all that with 11 items (7x armor, 2-3 weapons, 1 instrument) and depending on your success you can pinpoint exactly how much the game hates you.
    A child of song, a child of rage
    Abandoned in another age
    Now ancient hate and rhymes that bind
    Make paradise a tomb divine
    And demons trapped in beauty’s thrall
    Hunt those who heed the bloodsong’s call.

Too late, they did it. You mad people are catching up to no lifers now and you actually have to fight each other in pvp instead of just one shotting everyone?

Quote Originally Posted by penguin View Post
    Too late, they did it. You mad people are catching up to no lifers now and you actually have to fight each other in pvp instead of just one shotting everyone?

Heresy!

8)

I like it, it gives casual and players who got the game for Christmas etc. a chance to catch up. It's good for the future of the game.

If I just started I'd feel like I could never compete, and this helps.

Now if they would just give us a reason to pvp or something to fight over. :sigh:

I'd love to see guilds able to build their own castles again...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast