+ Reply to Thread

Thread: TIPS working around problems

TIPS working around problems

I decided it was time to make an new post about current ingame issues and workarounds for it.
    Also will post some tips that are not necessarily a bug, lets start:

1. many of you including me use the game full screen windowed! this has some great advantages! one of them having a native resolution you can take from your desktop! unfortunately sometimes if you alt tab the skillbar bugs out, and you can not use skills anymore. no worry i got the work around for this, just alt tab again and the skillbar is active again! ( technically the game seems to not pickup the input device up on alt tabbing back to the game! as its not recognized half the keyboard isnt functioning alt tabbing to another program and directly back to the game re initiates the input devices! )

2. instances bug out some times. i have the tendency to jump in to goldenplains with my fellow guild mates. so we recruit private and que for the instance! So ever now and then though one of us has a game crash or dc! This results in the fact that our team gets stuck in standby! if you do nothing you will be stuck for 20 minutes waiting for the instance to finish! its a good thing though that you can just ALT+F4 to close the game! restarting and login in will result you are out of instance! and you can que again )

3. in the light of the instance bug above another instance bug. unfortunately we have this a couple of times a week were we are being "disconnected by the gods" in golden plains! this turns out to be the instance server that is unstable at times, a large group gets DC and spam the official discord! What some people dont know is that you can re enter your DCed golden plains! its simple log back in to the game an on your char! In the top right-hand corner you should see an icon were you can return to your goldenplains instance! Dont see it? no worries just go to character selection screen and re enter the game world until the instance server is available to you again! click the button and enjoy the rest of your halcy!

4. here is a bug thats been in the game as long as its old!! dungeon resets dont always work, resulting you in disbanding your group and needing to make it a new to do more then 1 run! here is a quick way around this. nothing prevents you from going in to a dungeon in a raid composition! at the end of the dungeon just go in to raid window disband the raid and quickly radius invite your group! this will result you being ported out the dungeon and reset it! so you can quickly re enter in to a new run!

5. disappearing items from owned land! this is mostly noticeable with larders! although there is no fix for larders disappearing we do know this happens with server restarts or maintenance! So its good practice to place larders only between maintenance windows, and with at least 3 days before the next maintenance! although a server reset can never be predicted! you have a whole lot more luck in your own hands if you keep away from the maintenance window!

6. the archepass is a decent edition to the game, unfortunately it didnt launch with out its problems! currently there is 3 quests you should avoid trying to do! these quests are: the XP quests, regardless of how much XP it is about if you do not finish this quest in the same play session you started it, it will reset and will have minus xp, jumping in something instances will cause it to reset as well! you are better of reroling the quest! another quest in the archepass better to avoid is kill enemies or if you want to complete it, do not do this in an instance!! although the quest completes it does not give XP towards the archepass completion!! the last quest you need to manage well is the bluesalt bond quest! do not do lumber bond quests( the lumber quest not counting for archepass is fixed now )! they do not count towards quest completion! also its been reported that finishing a bluesalt bond in war areas causes not getting XP for the archepass!

7. sound bug, sometimes when to much is going on around you the sound bugs out! This unfortunately can only be resolved by reloging! however it can be avoided that it bugs out by just setting the quality of the sound to low!

8. there is a few items ingame that are bugged here are 2 that you just should know about, the speedboat design is still bugged! ( speedboat design has been taken out and will be fixed and add later ) its a complete waste going for this item at the moment! Also the bed reward from the current snowball arena has a wrong tooltip! it says it recovers 150 labor in truth it only recovers 100!

now for a few tips:

1. run your GHA 5 times a day and kill atleast the first boss! this should give you an accessory that you can evanstone! the Chrystal is worth a nice chunk of gold!

2. have multiple popular builds you run with? in the skills window on the bottom you will find an option to save builds! you need a pendant to save one! This way you can respec towards another build quick which is great in different situations! ( sadly skill saver pendants are not available as of yet )

3. check your achievement list! there are several achievements that give you chests to store multiple of items of a category ( mounts, pets, vehicles and gliders ... unfortunately XLS seems to have forgotten about costumes )

4. if you are in a guild you probably have buck loads of prestige! in the prestige shop there is 2 nice item that basically work as an instance recall to hasla and halcy! since porting from continent to continent is expensive with the amount of stones used per port! you can easily use this to get on the continent you need and then simply use the 1 port stone to go to your destination!

5. if you in a family you probs did the fam quest requiring you to do a pack run cross continent from 2Crown to solis or vice versa! what some people dont know is you can pickup a second quest called "safety in numbers" giving you a 3 extra gildastars for something you were already doing anyway! also ... did you know you can buy the protection pass with vocation instead of gold?

6. unfortunately there is only a labor pool of 5000, only roughly 2500 gets replenished every 24 hours! this is very limiting fortunately there is a way to earn some more labor per day! first and for all there is a bed you can buy/gift from quest you can place in your finished house/land this will recover 50 to 150 labor depending on the bed! you can bosst this by buying the pajama set from vocation boasting the recovery to 500+ labor! you can only sleep and recover every 24 hours! also you get labor recharges from 2 events ingame the first goldenplains you do if you took the quest at the arena master! and the quest from the mistsong banquet dungeon! giving you a quick 5000 labor per day easy!!

ofcoarse there are more tips and bugs around. these made my list though! did you find any please do post them!!

Quote Originally Posted by Belmos2 View Post
    I decided it was time to make an new post about current ingame issues and workarounds for it.
    Also will post some tips that are not necessarily a bug, lets start:

1. many of you including me use the game full screen windowed! this has some great advantages! one of them having a native resolution you can take from your desktop! unfortunately sometimes if you alt tab the skillbar bugs out, and you can not use skills anymore. no worry i got the work around for this, just alt tab again and the skillbar is active again! ( technically the game seems to not pickup the input device up on alt tabbing back to the game! as its not recognized half the keyboard isnt functioning alt tabbing to another program and directly back to the game re initiates the input devices! )

2. instances bug out some times. i have the tendency to jump in to goldenplains with my fellow guild mates. so we recruit private and que for the instance! So ever now and then though one of us has a game crash or dc! This results in the fact that our team gets stuck in standby! if you do nothing you will be stuck for 20 minutes waiting for the instance to finish! its a good thing though that you can just ALT+F4 to close the game! restarting and login in will result you are out of instance! and you can que again )

3. in the light of the instance bug above another instance bug. unfortunately we have this a couple of times a week were we are being "disconnected by the gods" in golden plains! this turns out to be the instance server that is unstable at times, a large group gets DC and spam the official discord! What some people dont know is that you can re enter your DCed golden plains! its simple log back in to the game an on your char! In the top right-hand corner you should see an icon were you can return to your goldenplains instance! Dont see it? no worries just go to character selection screen and re enter the game world until the instance server is available to you again! click the button and enjoy the rest of your halcy!

4. here is a bug thats been in the game as long as its old!! dungeon resets dont always work, resulting you in disbanding your group and needing to make it a new to do more then 1 run! here is a quick way around this. nothing prevents you from going in to a dungeon in a raid composition! at the end of the dungeon just go in to raid window disband the raid and quickly radius invite your group! this will result you being ported out the dungeon and reset it! so you can quickly re enter in to a new run!

5. disappearing items from owned land! this is mostly noticeable with larders! although there is no fix for larders disappearing we do know this happens with server restarts or maintenance! So its good practice to place larders only between maintenance windows, and with at least 3 days before the next maintenance! although a server reset can never be predicted! you have a whole lot more luck in your own hands if you keep away from the maintenance window!

6. the archepass is a decent edition to the game, unfortunately it didnt launch with out its problems! currently there is 3 quests you should avoid trying to do! these quests are: the XP quests, regardless of how much XP it is about if you do not finish this quest in the same play session you started it, it will reset and will have minus xp, jumping in something instances will cause it to reset as well! you are better of reroling the quest! another quest in the archepass better to avoid is kill enemies or if you want to complete it, do not do this in an instance!! although the quest completes it does not give XP towards the archepass completion!! the last quest you need to manage well is the bluesalt bond quest! do not do lumber bond quests! they do not count towards quest completion! also its been reported that finishing a bluesalt bond in war areas causes not getting XP for the archepass!

7. sound bug, sometimes when to much is going on around you the sound bugs out! This unfortunately can only be resolved by reloging! however it can be avoided that it bugs out by just setting the quality of the sound to low!

8. there is a few items ingame that are bugged here are 2 that you just should know about, the speedboat design is still bugged! its a complete waste going for this item at the moment! Also the bed reward from the current snowball arena has a wrong tooltip! it says it recovers 150 labor in truth it only recovers 100!

now for a few tips:

1. run your GHA 5 times a day and kill atleast the first boss! this should give you an accessory that you can evanstone! the Chrystal is worth a nice chunk of gold!

2. have multiple popular builds you run with? in the skills window on the bottom you will find an option to save builds! you need a pendant to save one! This way you can respec towards another build quick which is great in different situations!

3. check your achievement list! there are several achievements that give you chests to store multiple of items of a category ( mounts, pets, vehicles and gliders ... unfortunately XLS seems to have forgotten about costumes )

4. if you are in a guild you probably have buck loads of prestige! in the prestige shop there is 2 nice item that basically work as an instance recall to hasla and halcy! since porting from continent to continent is expensive with the amount of stones used per port! you can easily use this to get on the continent you need and then simply use the 1 port stone to go to your destination!

5. if you in a family you probs did the fam quest requiring you to do a pack run cross continent from 2Crown to solis or vice versa! what some people dont know is you can pickup a second quest called "safety in numbers" giving you a 3 extra gildastars for something you were already doing anyway! also ... did you know you can buy the protection pass with vocation instead of gold?

6. unfortunately there is only a labor pool of 5000, only roughly 2500 gets replenished every 24 hours! this is very limiting fortunately there is a way to earn some more labor per day! first and for all there is a bed you can buy/gift from quest you can place in your finished house/land this will recover 50 to 150 labor depending on the bed! you can bosst this by buying the pajama set from vocation boasting the recovery to 500+ labor! you can only sleep and recover every 24 hours! also you get labor recharges from 2 events ingame the first goldenplains you do if you took the quest at the arena master! and the quest from the mistsong banquet dungeon! giving you a quick 5000 labor per day easy!!

ofcoarse there are more tips and bugs around. these made my list though! did you find any please do post them!!
    You have one of these on Unchained? If so, where did you get it? To my knowledge these are as yet unavailable on Unchained.
    Everybody loves a Skullknight party
    cuz a Skullknight party don't stop!

Some of this is not current. Other things are not entirely accurate.

At the time of the OP, lumber was already working correctly for the Blue Salt Bond completion.

Source: I screwed up with one of my boosters and have an active Archepass path.

Also, labour rechargers don't give 1000 labour each. Only the first gives 1000, then it's 975, 952, 925, 852, 700, 588 and so on. Also, you get base 2880 labour a day, which some people supplement by AFKing in the castle pool.

Safety in Numbers does not need to be picked up, although there's no harm in it. You get a Token of Gratitude if you are partied with someone doing the level 50 quest for the 16x16 farm, even if you are also doing that quest. That can be turned in to a Blue Salt Trade Manager for 3 gilda stars whether you had the Safety in Numbers quest active or not. Fun fact: On my NA server, it was very common for everyone on the ship to join a raid for this purpose, but on my EU server, people are not educated about this and are suspicious of raid invites. I've no idea whether either of those servers are typical of their regions.

You have one of these on Unchained? If so, where did you get it? To my knowledge these are as yet unavailable on Unchained.
    This is correct. The tokens are not available.

thx for correcting me guys. but it was supposed to be an informative piece! you 2 find out the 2 wrong things in the whole dang post..... and manage to crap on it!

my bad i wasnt aware that the skillpendants were not unchained! ( to bad tbh )
    i said roughly replenish 2500, i named the 2 ways to get labor recharges! never mentioned the diminishing returns on the pots ( TBH using up to 3 per day you can do with out losing out on more then 200-300 labor in a total of 3000!! ) the last bid is side tracking though cause th 2 viable means earning them is through the 2 methods, using only the 2 given to you a day asuming you dont have more you still get 1975! so roughly 2500 replenished per day + roughly 2000 from recharges + sleeping in your bed with full pajama and wickerbed 500 is roughly 5000 labor per day!!! how was i wrong in that direction??? 'something with salt ... and snails... and putting that on those!'
    really anymore toxic and i rather kill myself!!

i thought id be helpful and put up an informative post. and i get awarded with this, this is the last time ever i write something down! i was asking for more helpful tips instead i got this! Be a real person and stop being a keyboardwarior be helpful and at least have the decency if you find an error in someones information to not make an toxic post that stinks like high heaven thank you!

Now ... again the question, does any one have some other tips tricks or bugs that i missed?

3. the pet crates etc kinda useless as you can only store certain pets
    5. where is the 3 gilda quest guy located ? for cargo

I'll give you a TIP. This is a period: . Periods typically come at the end of sentences. You can find them two keys to the right of the letter 'M' on most keyboards. Ending each sentence with an exclamation point is like WRITING IN ALL CAPS ALL THE TIME! IT'S BAD FORM!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Belmos2 View Post
    thx for correcting me guys. but it was supposed to be an informative piece! you 2 find out the 2 wrong things in the whole dang post..... and manage to crap on it!

my bad i wasnt aware that the skillpendants were not unchained! ( to bad tbh )
    i said roughly replenish 2500, i named the 2 ways to get labor recharges! never mentioned the diminishing returns on the pots ( TBH using up to 3 per day you can do with out losing out on more then 200-300 labor in a total of 3000!! ) the last bid is side tracking though cause th 2 viable means earning them is through the 2 methods, using only the 2 given to you a day asuming you dont have more you still get 1975! so roughly 2500 replenished per day + roughly 2000 from recharges + sleeping in your bed with full pajama and wickerbed 500 is roughly 5000 labor per day!!! how was i wrong in that direction??? 'something with salt ... and snails... and putting that on those!'
    really anymore toxic and i rather kill myself!!

i thought id be helpful and put up an informative post. and i get awarded with this, this is the last time ever i write something down! i was asking for more helpful tips instead i got this! Be a real person and stop being a keyboardwarior be helpful and at least have the decency if you find an error in someones information to not make an toxic post that stinks like high heaven thank you!

Now ... again the question, does any one have some other tips tricks or bugs that i missed?
    What crap? Do you have a skillsaver on unchained or not?

Quote Originally Posted by Decrypter View Post
    3. the pet crates etc kinda useless as you can only store certain pets
    5. where is the 3 gilda quest guy located ? for cargo
    Caernord is one place, port in then run straight back til you see the blue salt guys on the right hand side. Also in Austera but I’ve no idea how to explain where they are; basically where the wall it behind the smelter/kiln is, behind that wall.

I cannot recall on West other than Marianople behind the Mirage gate, sorry - but they are near where you get the other Gilda dailies like ‘raise mounts’ and ‘guerrilla scents’ etc.

3. wierd i could store all pets i collected that you needed to buy for the achievement to get the quest!
    i also have several other pets and i can store them there all! I guess you have a non combat pet, those you can probs not store in the box.
    5. the NPC with the quest "safety in numbers" for east has been posted. for west this can be found in marianople at the blue salt traders. its right next to square were you would find the mirage isle portal!

this group with 2 or 3 NPC's give more quests for gilda! they also have the scent quest were you can burn either of 4 resources and get gilda! these quests can also be found in cinderstone!

@gordo maybe i am just extremely excited ... who knows!!!

any other cool tips or bugs you guys found?

Just wanted to say thanks for all these tips personally didnt know about the halcy rejoin tip

+ Reply to Thread