+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Error 1055 Tried Everything

Error 1055 Tried Everything

A good friend of mine is having the dreaded 1005 error (sorry misquoted as 1055 in the post title) making him unable to play AA:Unchained. I being an IT Architect decided to try and help him troubleshoot his problem. The following are my notes of what we attempted, things of importance I noticed, and general remarks:

**Note: I will be using the term "AA" to refer to "Archeage Unchained" for brevity. Each item below represents a full reattempt downloading fresh media each time. Subsequently, considerable time has been spent trying to resolve this issue. In all cases the installs were attempted with running UAC elevation to admin**

Attempts
    1. We attempted reinstalling Glyph/AA entirely to no avail.
    2. We attempted placing Glyph/AA on the same drive to no avail.
    3. We attempted placing Glyph/AA both in the default paths to no avail.
    4. We attempted copying the data from my machine (which is working) to his machine to no avail.
    5. We attempted updating all drivers/libraries on his system to no avail.
    6. We disabled all protective programs (firewall/antivirus/etc) by disabling the initial startup hooks (preventing them from loading entirely) to no avail.
    7. We adjusted the permissions of the entire file structure associated with the game (including the appdata folders and the like) to have "everyone - full control" to no avail.
    8. We attempted using an alternative glyph install media from the support site instead of the main site to no avail.
    9. We tried disabling UAC to no avail.
    10. We took a Wireshark capture and confirmed that the data is being received to the machine in question successfully, but still failing to install/run.
    11. We wiped his OS and rebuilt his computer from a clean start, patched/updated everything (including windows patches, libraries, drivers, etc) and reattempted to no avail.
    12. Made another attempt collecting a Procmon capture. Reviewed the data.
    13. Filed a case with support. No response has been received (its been two weeks)

Things we discovered along the way
    1. The logs are indicating an unpacking error of 2.
    2. The security event logs of the system are not indicating any permissions issues/blocking.
    3. When the install/update is attempted, the result is that the game_pak file is wiped out (becomes a few kilobytes in size), even in the case that the data is copied directly from a known working machine (which still claims it needs to update for some reason). This is likely the issue causing the failure.
    4. All files other than the game_pak appear to be intact, sharing the same MD5 hash as a known working install.

General System Technical Specs
    Windows 10 Professional Build 10.0.17763 Build 17763 x64
    Intel Core i5-2500 CPU @ 3.30Ghz
    8gb Ram
    NVIDIA Geforce GTX 950
    Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB

Conclusion
    At this point we've vested about ~90 hours into troubleshooting his issue with an IT architect with decades of experience on the case to no resolution. Given the nature of the Wireshark/Procmon capture, it can be assumed that the issue is programmatic in nature (not environmental). Subsequently, we need Trion to solve the issue (I wasn't even able to fool the program into working), unless someone else has any other ideas to resolve this issue.

Also, I have a 2nd friend having the same issue, but that person has a 2nd computer that did work so they are just using that one with hopes that whatever corrects the first friend will also correct their main computer.

I have still not received any response from support on my ticket or any response to this forums post. At this point it has been 4 weeks without response. Are they asleep at the wheel?

For reference, the case number is # 1398610

Hello i had this error , n also tryed everything you have and it just suddenly worked one day so the error is on there end good luck !

5 Weeks, finally a response received. Unfortunately, the response was simply asking if the ticket were still relevant (it definitely still is).

So support can take the time to ask if we still need help on the case, but not enough to actually help us?

+ Reply to Thread