+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Character Slot Expansion

Character Slot Expansion

"Doubt" Why isn't the character slot expansion scrol available yet ??
    Initially it would be to not overload the servers with alt creation, however this phase has passed and until today there are no expansion slot characters available.
    The game itself says that I can have 6 characters on all servers or 4 characters on the same server, I would like to know why this is not available ??

Is this a misleading advertisement ?? or
    Is this to force us to buy new accounts ?????

Who from the Archeage team will be able to take this doubt out of my mind clearly and bluntly ???

it's not in AAU to keep people from making more alts and doing the archepass

It says you can have those things not that you will be allowed to have those things. The archepass makes alts extremely valuable, they are not going to increase the number of character slots.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazuki View Post
    It says you can have those things not that you will be allowed to have those things. The archepass makes alts extremely valuable, they are not going to increase the number of character slots.
    HUH ????

I take it logic is not your strong suit.

If you are Not Allowed to Have something .... wait for it .... You CAN'T Have It.

The reason we see this stuff is one thing - Lazy (IMHO)
    A lot of data was simply transferred from Legacy to make things fast and easy and were not customized for Unchained. Additionally, Archepass was not thoroughly tested and extensively evaluated - which makes it the potential monster we have today. IMHO they did intend to eventually have more character slots - and they may yet, even if those slots are only on another server (if anyone really wants to start over)

They used the same character select from Legacy - so that is what you see. You can't really 'do' anything about it, since the implied 'in the future you will be able to add more characters ' is open ended. Might take years before things change to the point where making extra characters won't devastate the game.

IMHO

Quote Originally Posted by dumbo View Post
    HUH ????

I take it logic is not your strong suit.

If you are Not Allowed to Have something .... wait for it .... You CAN'T Have It.

The reason we see this stuff is one thing - Lazy (IMHO)
    A lot of data was simply transferred from Legacy to make things fast and easy and were not customized for Unchained. Additionally, Archepass was not thoroughly tested and extensively evaluated - which makes it the potential monster we have today. IMHO they did intend to eventually have more character slots - and they may yet, even if those slots are only on another server (if anyone really wants to start over)

They used the same character select from Legacy - so that is what you see. You can't really 'do' anything about it, since the implied 'in the future you will be able to add more characters ' is open ended. Might take years before things change to the point where making extra characters won't devastate the game.

IMHO
    My logic is sound. A hotel has a policy that you can only rent 3 rooms maximum. You go to rent rooms for a special event and they tell you that you can only have a single room on the dates you want, it doesn't matter what the MAXIMUM is, just what they are allowing at that specific time. This is the same situation, those numbers are the maximum the servers will allow, not what you can get right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazuki View Post
    My logic is sound. A hotel has a policy that you can only rent 3 rooms maximum. You go to rent rooms for a special event and they tell you that you can only have a single room on the dates you want, it doesn't matter what the MAXIMUM is, just what they are allowing at that specific time. This is the same situation, those numbers are the maximum the servers will allow, not what you can get right now.

Not a great example. In your description, normally a person Could rent 3 rooms, and only at a specific time would there be a restriction. This is not comparable to Never having the option despite information indicating that the option is available.

I stand by my opinion that it was simple cut and paste from legacy for the sake of expediency. And due to the Archepass, no extra slots are going to be available for the forsee-able future.

IMHO

+ Reply to Thread