+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Click here to go to the first Archeage Team post in this thread.   Thread: Public Test Server is Open!

Difficult...

Quote Originally Posted by Wraithunter View Post
    Exactly! My old friend Hayalet played on RU PTS as well, and this was a few years ago maybe before 3.5. He would always tell me about all the different items, materials etc you could get for testing or whatever and I have always thought like "why don't we have this sort of thing?" I mean, I guess coding an NPC will take some time to add within the game's code, which is understandable.

I know how hard coding is, but still a great idea. But on another hand..RIFT PTS actually has an NPC in the main capital city that let's you get (some) things, which is literally Fluffy lol. That NPC dates all the way back when RIFT PTS was first announced it's opening so I don't know how hard it is to code an NCP into the game. RIFT PTS is the only PTS that actually has a physical NPC while Trove, AA etc has commands or viva mail (except Trove). I agree with ye Allona, and it seems others feel the same way as well when it comes to an NCP idea. And again as much I enjoy grinding for stuff I don't really want to spend a week trying to get some new gear or an item either.

Also putting this out there, I am moving on from my grudge against Gamigo..as frustrating as it was with the entire thing, I am just going to move on, no point to hold on to something for a long time, not great for health wise lol. So ye guys and gals probably wont see much complaining from me anymore when it comes to the publishers..your welcome lol.
    Creating an NPC that will sell what Fluffy previously gave us is difficult. After all, the initial action is a contract with Korean developers, and after obtaining permission, they will write the code and install the NPC. But if they want to do this is unknown. I agree to wait. The main thing is the result. In the meantime, no NPCs, let Fluffy be released. At least not completely ... At least a few teams, the most necessary teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Allona View Post
    Creating an NPC that will sell what Fluffy previously gave us is difficult. After all, the initial action is a contract with Korean developers, and after obtaining permission, they will write the code and install the NPC. But if they want to do this is unknown. I agree to wait. The main thing is the result. In the meantime, no NPCs, let Fluffy be released. At least not completely ... At least a few teams, the most necessary teams.
    Ah I see, well that's understandable then NCP wise, between getting permission from XL Games to coding it. But as you said, at least turn on Fluffy, even if not all commands at least ones that are a bit important..it is funny how without Fluffy on the PTS, the PTS is just another Live server, however, at least we have the old community to help out if possible. Frankly that's how most got items etc outside of commands, just helping each other out.
    "Ah were can I begin this tale? The 5 old empires..those of the Forsaken now slumbers in the dark of Calmlands, Valliant Knights of Vanguard wanders upon the winds to new lands after the siege in Marcala...the Warriors of Chaos lays slumbering in Heedmar after the black inky Abyss, The Crest of many who once ruled Nuimari, to those who roam with the Yata's Kingdoms in Sungold, all may be not what they used to be, but those fragments of knights still shape Auroria today." -Lucious

There are not enough labor points! They would have included at least this command: Top me off Fluffy. Or just take Cooldown off of Labor Reward: 500! I don’t understand why is he at all on the PTS?

I think pts1 have a "bug" . From few days when i login on i see server status is high, but when i ride around the lands i see noone. Chat is completly empty too.
    Btw XL/Gamigo, do U think about move game to higher version engine? game starting looks a bit older .... It would be a pity that AA would share the fate of SWTOR, which was a great game, but the restrictions of a medieval engine are slowly killing it.
    But don't touch the shapes of Haranya girl, she has a perfect figure at the moment. And don't do rubber breasts like in BDO.
    Taris - Noxie, Pts1 - Alisee, Pts1 - Drakul (Nuia), Pts2 - Bliss
    Real life doesn't exist, its only Afk

Quote Originally Posted by Noxie View Post
    I think pts1 have a "bug" . From few days when i login on i see server status is high, but when i ride around the lands i see noone. Chat is completly empty too.
    Btw XL/Gamigo, do U think about move game to higher version engine? game starting looks a bit older .... It would be a pity that AA would share the fate of SWTOR, which was a great game, but the restrictions of a medieval engine are slowly killing it.
    But don't touch the shapes of Haranya girl, she has a perfect figure at the moment. And don't do rubber breasts like in BDO.
    It's kind of weird that Elves were the only ones who got a little "make-over" with the new graphics/colors, would of been nice to see the others get some of that love too lol. Also what do you mean like "older?" Do you mean AA needs to be graphic wise like BDO? Realistic and all? Also..I mean, AA does have jiggle physics already I think like BDO haha. Another thing is that I think there are a lot of peeps on PTS1 but I think over on Nui now. There's hardly any Haranya around...I think most of Forsaken left which was the main population after a while on PTS besides Nuia..lol.
    "Ah were can I begin this tale? The 5 old empires..those of the Forsaken now slumbers in the dark of Calmlands, Valliant Knights of Vanguard wanders upon the winds to new lands after the siege in Marcala...the Warriors of Chaos lays slumbering in Heedmar after the black inky Abyss, The Crest of many who once ruled Nuimari, to those who roam with the Yata's Kingdoms in Sungold, all may be not what they used to be, but those fragments of knights still shape Auroria today." -Lucious

PTS is public but you need pay to enter ???

Quote Originally Posted by Wraithunter View Post
    It's kind of weird that Elves were the only ones who got a little "make-over" with the new graphics/colors, would of been nice to see the others get some of that love too lol. Also what do you mean like "older?" Do you mean AA needs to be graphic wise like BDO? Realistic and all? Also..I mean, AA does have jiggle physics already I think like BDO haha. Another thing is that I think there are a lot of peeps on PTS1 but I think over on Nui now. There's hardly any Haranya around...I think most of Forsaken left which was the main population after a while on PTS besides Nuia..lol.
    I was also on Nui, and it was also empty. Maybe they were sitting in the houses because of the quarantine.
    Speaking of a newer engine, I have on mind the newer version of Cryengine, because that would probably be the most reasonable choice.
    BDO - yes, great graphics, I wouldn't mind if AA had a similar one. I even sometimes log in to BDO to travel around lands and admire the graphics, especially after the last tuning.
    Speaking of a reasonable choice of engine - SWTOR, who knows the history of choosing the engine for this game, knows what mistakes were made at the very beginning and they are still effective today. In short: in strange circumstances, the engine was chosen, which cannot be developed further and then, 10 years ago, it offered quite good graphics and effects, it is now very outdated. ATM game offers nothing interesting but amazing story. The combination of this story, characters classes with modern graphics would give a really great product, but everything stops the old engine.
    AA is already getting old. I think that with such a good product as AA, XL should take care of continuation so that in 1-3 years it will be equally pleasant to play. Good, modern graphics are a very important element of games.
    Taris - Noxie, Pts1 - Alisee, Pts1 - Drakul (Nuia), Pts2 - Bliss
    Real life doesn't exist, its only Afk

Quote Originally Posted by Noxie View Post
    I was also on Nui, and it was also empty. Maybe they were sitting in the houses because of the quarantine.
    Speaking of a newer engine, I have on mind the newer version of Cryengine, because that would probably be the most reasonable choice.
    BDO - yes, great graphics, I wouldn't mind if AA had a similar one. I even sometimes log in to BDO to travel around lands and admire the graphics, especially after the last tuning.
    Speaking of a reasonable choice of engine - SWTOR, who knows the history of choosing the engine for this game, knows what mistakes were made at the very beginning and they are still effective today. In short: in strange circumstances, the engine was chosen, which cannot be developed further and then, 10 years ago, it offered quite good graphics and effects, it is now very outdated. ATM game offers nothing interesting but amazing story. The combination of this story, characters classes with modern graphics would give a really great product, but everything stops the old engine.
    AA is already getting old. I think that with such a good product as AA, XL should take care of continuation so that in 1-3 years it will be equally pleasant to play. Good, modern graphics are a very important element of games.
    Ah I see what you mean now, ye, it would be cool to see AA have that realism like BDO does. Even on Low graphics BDO still looks beautiful as well as ArcheAge lol. But ye, graphics are one of the most important elements of games, it's always good to update them after a long period of time. I know a lot of games that use CryEngine like AA and Riders of Icarus as examples.

Granted games like WOW and RIFT have their in-game graphics the same since their openings, doesn't mean it's bad in that sense, but the graphics look "old" if you know what I mean. They both changed a bit, but overall the same. While games like AA, BDO, Riders of Icarus, and Closers etc have more modernish graphics with vibrant colors/mesh of realism.

For me personally I don't mind either or, just as long as the game is stable. Like I wouldn't want AA to have BDO's graphic engine if the game becomes completely unstable even on low graphics, that would not be fun lol. But still.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7