+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Archeage Team post in this thread.   Thread: Event timers

Event timers

To quote a bit of the patch notes:

Raids
    Updated the schedule of events.

Golden Plains Battle
    Throughout the Day
    EU: 01:30 AM - 02:00 AM UTC // NA: 10:30 PM 11:00 PM PST
    EU: 02:30 PM - 03.15 PM UTC // NA: 11:30 AM 12:15 PM PST
    EU: 08:30 PM - 09:15 PM UTC // NA: 05:30 PM 06:15 PM PST
    Fall of Hiram
    Throughout the Day
    EU: 01:00 AM - 02:30 AM UTC // NA: 10:00 PM 11:30 PM PST
    EU: 10:00 AM 12:00 PM UTC // NA: 07:00 AM 09:00 AM PST
    EU: 06:00 PM - 11:00 PM UTC // NA: 03:00 PM 08:00 PM PST
    The Red Dragon's Keep
    Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Sundays
    EU: 02:00 AM - 03:00 AM UTC // NA: 11:00 PM 11:30 PM PST
    EU: 03:15 PM 04:00 PM UTC // NA: 12:15 PM 01:00 PM PST
    EU: 09:15 PM - 10:00 PM UTC // NA: 06:15 PM 07:00 PM PST
    Kadum
    Tuesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays, Sundays
    EU: 02:00 AM - 02:30 AM UTC // NA: 11:00 PM 11:30 PM PST
    EU: 03:15 PM 04:00 PM UTC // NA: 12:15 PM 01:00 PM PST
    EU: 09:15 PM - 10:00 PM UTC // NA: 06:15 PM 07:00 PM PST
    Lusca Awakening
    Everyday of the Week
    EU: 10:00 PM UTC // NA: 07:00 PM PST
    Kraken and Black Dragon
    Every Tuesday and Sunday
    EU: 09:30 PM UTC // NA: 06:30 PM PST
    Leviathan and Charybdis
    Every Thursday and Sunday
    EU: 09:30 PM UTC // NA: 06:30 PM PST
    Abyssal Attack
    Tuesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays
    EU: 09:29 PM 10:30 PM UTC // NA: 06:29 PM 07:30 PM PST

Well that's messed up...!

Where to begin?

Initial patch notes had nothing to do with timers changing of the events ingame, so who got a stroke of brilliance there?

I'll give u a little maths exercise:
    I'm from Romania, a country that does play this game a lot, and we're at UTC+2.

We started Abyssal Attack at 7:30 PM, Luscas were at 8 PM. Two pretty sought after events.
    If you were in England, these events would be 5:30 PM, and 6 PM respectively. Not bad, not good either.

However, the new times do nothing but mess everything up! And i can't but wonder if this is actually intentional?

Basically with the new timer, Abyssal is at 11:30 PM for me, and guess what...?? Starting April all of Europe will have their time pushed even later by 1 hour, which makes abyssal available for a Romanian at 00:30 AM, for a german at 11:30 and even some1 from the UK at 10:30... ITS LATE!

Who wants to do this if they dont have bad intent??

Please share your oppinions about the messed up timers!

I Gotta admit, from a business standpoint, you would think that it would be Common Sense to schedule things that were Not dailies at times where the highest number of players could participate. And if Luscas start 30 minutes after Abyssal, and they both take an hour, that guarantees that the player has to Choose one instead of being able to participate in both.

Perhaps they have not yet taken the Business class that says if you want to Build a game, you schedule events at times where you can attract the Maximum participation.

IMHO

And we are in winter time. This summer all event will start arrount 11pm for lucky or 1am for est pll.
    Just change to roll back to previous ones.
    Elineda - Koro sensei - Exiled in russia
    Quote Originally Posted by theLos View Post
    1st general world said :
    Koro Sensei > Losmerengues !

Pls revert to old timings.

These new timings is stupid, you're locking out a huge chunk of players from mandatory events.

I support having more event openings so more peeps can have access to them but keep the old timings as is.

I kid you not im pretty locked out of almost all the events and this is a death sentence to progression.

Please dont revert the times. Im actually able to participate in these events now, the old time was prohibitive to a large portion of the population because of stupid times during work hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Sojhien View Post
    Please dont revert the times. Im actually able to participate in these events now, the old time was prohibitive to a large portion of the population because of stupid times during work hours.
    They should keep the old timings and introduce more time slots instead.

The way i see it both old and new timings have a substantial population to attend these events. I see no reason trying to lock out either population groups. At the very least, introduce more time slots only for instanced events as the daily limit prevents abuse.

your priority are wrong if you are complaining about the timers of certain events. luska's are every day abyssal isn't. go to abyssal one the days that its active and luska on the days it not.

honestly people complain about missing a single event or two just because they share a time slot or part of one. smh
    Quote Originally Posted by Khrolan View Post
    Pirate is about adjusting your play style to the mechanics - not forcing the mechanics to adapt to your play style.
    -Khro

8.   This is the last Archeage Team post in this thread.   #8
    Hi all, we're more than happy to take feedback (and we have been!) so long as it's constructive. Thank you all for your suggestions and feedback regarding the event timers!

The event timers are just way to late in the day. People who work are not turning up anymore and its killing motivation to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Belligerent View Post
    The event timers are just way to late in the day. People who work are not turning up anymore and its killing motivation to play.
    Exactly the point I make in my post 'Event Schedule unacceptable to majority of players' ~ We already have in my guild alone 3 people who will not be renewing their subscription as they are unable to raid in any of the Events as they are too late & will be even more so when clocks go forward 1 hour in Europe at end of March. I don't think any consideration was given to just how late these raids are for many people. Also as ALL the main events now overlap it makes it impossible to do them all any more, so what's the point playing AA when a large part of what made it attractive has changed for the worse?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast