+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Archeage Team post in this thread.   Thread: New hero voting system designed for Korea NOt us!

New hero voting system designed for Korea NOt us!

Now people will have 6 votes each to give to heroes of their choice! This system is designed for Korea where alts & multiple accounts are not permitted! Here we have Erenor heroes who only become Erenor heroes because they have an army of alts that get them that status! Now that same Erenor hero will have 6 votes on each of this alt army to exploit & manipulate this voting system. They will be able to literally get all 6 heroes of their choosing, denying the hero(s) they dislike from becoming hero! THIS IS NOT FAIR, THIS IS NOT RIGHT! Gamigo/XL how can you allow just one person the ability to manipulate the voting system this way?

This system needs to be changed you must surely see this.

2.   This is the last Archeage Team post in this thread.   #2
    Hiya Azia! Even if you use the same vote on a person 6 times, it will still count as 1 vote I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmo View Post
    Hiya Azia! Even if you use the same vote on a person 6 times, it will still count as 1 vote I believe.
    I think u miss the issue here . She means that if i have 100 alts and vote myself and everytime im erenor hero cuz nobody wants to create so many alts like me , now not only im gona vote 100 times on myself i will use those votes also on 5 more of who i want to be hero aswell , blocking anyone else from beeing hero.So the new system definition is if u get erenor hero u have all 6 heroes because nobody has more votes then u.

Isn't this even more of an issue:
    "When an account has multiple characters, characters on the server share the right to vote and only one of them can cast a vote for the hero election."

It means that e.g. a pirate can get the right to vote and then cast his vote on his nuian alt on the same account. Or a nuian main can cast his vote for a certain harani hero.
    Won't that possibility take down the meaning of factions.
    A child of song, a child of rage
    Abandoned in another age
    Now ancient hate and rhymes that bind
    Make paradise a tomb divine
    And demons trapped in beauty’s thrall
    Hunt those who heed the bloodsong’s call.

@Cosmo Thanks Kooryus that is indeed my point. On my server we have an Erenor hero who for want of a better word "dislikes" intensely someone else who used to be Erenor hero. That person has over time created an army of alts who can now vote him Erenor every month denying the person he dislikes that status! Now with 6 votes each on all of his alts he can use those votes to select 6 people he wants to be hero denying anyone he does not like. This is exploiting & manipulating the voting system to his own advantage & benefit to an even greater degree than before! It is NOT right!

I should add that the 'Erenor' hero has complete command & control of weekly sieges and yields great power in that respect! If that erenor hero has 'friends/allies' in either the pirate faction or opposing faction this leads to a false and unacceptable result in who wins/loses that Siege. That is why it is so important who has the top 'Erenor hero status!

On one of our recent sieges the Haranya Erenor hero invited back a powerful guild who had left AA to go AAU, we (Nuians) lost ur castle because of that as the current Nuian hero I speak of filled the raid with known pirate/haranyan alts and also alts of his own, thus fielding a weak understrength raid to defend our castle. This whole system now is open to even more corruption and manipulation!

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmo View Post
    @Cosmo By the way do you know if each vote counts as 1 vote or 1/6th of a vote?

Well it happened! The guy who has ALWAYS been a hero since Fresh Start began & who leads the most powerful guild who killed Black Dragon is no longer a hero! Votes manipulated by others made sure of that! Now tell me this new voting system isn't open to corruption & manipulation!

Quote Originally Posted by Azia View Post
    ...This system is designed for Korea where alts & multiple accounts are not permitted!...
    This is false, and has been for some years now. Korean players are permitted to have several accounts.
    Mulberry ~ Snowberry ~ Kadum East
    Moonstone ~ Kadum West
    Fraxinus ~ Wynn West
    Cinnabar ~ Wynn East

Quote Originally Posted by romonster View Post
    This is false, and has been for some years now. Korean players are permitted to have several accounts.
    So they are allowed to have multiple accounts and create 30-50 or more alts as we can here? I don't think so! Logically the greater number of votes you have, the greater the control & manipulation you have! And the greater you will get 'false' heroes who do not deserve to be!
    I mean you don't have to have patron to create all these alts, it costs nothing but time to get them 250 leadership to be able to vote.

By the way you say Korea are allowed to "have several accounts" - we are allowed as many accounts as we wish WITHOUT PATRON!

Only way to fight against alts on hero voting would be making it patrons only. Doesn't matter just 1 vote or 6.
    Six vote instead one is better in my opinion, it allows whole server to push out ones disliked by majority of server with just their guild to push them to hero without leaving personal candidates.
    But Azia is right its too open to manipulation with having just 6 hero slots and all being decided by one person with an alt army. Make it patron only to make it fair.

After all hero status is not just cloak or title, its the status that controls siege system and faction peace system. These are not minor things

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast