+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New Larders Disappearing

Angry New Larders Disappearing

Larders keep disappearing. I've put down two sets of the new larders....When I go to harvest them they have disappeared. !! How long do I have to harvest them .. New time to grow is 24 hrs. I monitored this closely and this morning before work I had 8 hours left on the larders. I came home after work when they should have been ready and once again they have disappeared. ??!!
    Mak_PTS

The world needs more good people willing to take a stand for what is right against those who intend to do harm.

Ok after re-reading the patch notes I think I see now. You place the larder and IMMEDIATELY pick it back up in order to receive a pack.
    Mak_PTS

The world needs more good people willing to take a stand for what is right against those who intend to do harm.

Once placed, you have 24 hours to grab the aged pack from the larder.
    And you must take the pack out of the larder for it to begin "aging" and the profit timer to start.

Quote Originally Posted by Guizmo View Post
    Once placed, you have 24 hours to grab the aged pack from the larder.
    And you must take the pack out of the larder for it to begin "aging" and the profit timer to start.
    Yes I re-read the patch notes. Was my error. All fixed thanks.
    Mak_PTS

Thank you for the clarification. I picked up my first batch full of larders right away, took them into Solis for sale and only got 18g (-25%). <smacks self upside the head> Reread the patch notes and figured I needed to age them 24 to 60 hours for high profit (commercial). Left the next batch, planning to check them just before 24 hrs to see if the profit was better - boom! server down. So I can expect to have those disappear. Sooo, next time- set the larders, pick up packs immediately and age on the ground for 24 to 60 hrs (commercial) for high profit. There is no longer a 30 min delivery penalty on aged larders, only on general and specialty packs. I think I've got it now. Has anyone tested to see if leaving the larders working longer (up to the 24 hr limit) increases profit? If not, just set and pick. I can scrap the pavilion and do it all on a 8x8 garden!

I still haven't figured out how larders work.
    Before, Halcy's larders were worth 29g. Now 21g. Is correct?
    What about interacting with larders for up to 24 hours?
    What this means?
    Do we have to put them on the floor? Do we have to deliver them?
    Please, someone explain this new system and if it is worth continuing to make larders.

After crafting your larders:
    1. Place them on land in the zone you want them for.
    2. Pick them within 24 hours of placing. You can pick them right after placing them. Picking them turns them into packs.
    3. Let the packs age 24 hours to hit peak price. I understand picking the pack is when the aging process starts.
    4. Deliver the packs; I don't know how long the peak price lasts.

Changing the aging step from the larder stage to the pack stage appears to be how XL is dealing with disappearing larders. They can't solve that bug so they've simply switched the aging step to occur at the pack step which take advantage of the pack aging system which already exists. At picking, a larder pack is at low value and increases until peak.

Because it appears larders might still disappear in server downtime, I expect to pick my larders right after placing instead of allowing them to sit for almost 24 hours as larders. Larders will disappear if not picked within the 24 hours timeframe.

Larder packs will age in shipping crates, silos, and sitting on land.

To add to Kytt’s answer, here are the trade in values for commercial aged packs.

-25% within 24 hours of converting the larder to a trade pack
    +5% within 24 - 60 hours of converting the larder to a trade pack
    +2% within 60 - 72 hours of converting the larder to a trade pack
    -10% within 72 - 96 hours of converting the larder to a trade pack
    -35% after 96 hours of converting the larder to a trade pack

+ Reply to Thread