+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Archeage Team post in this thread.   Thread: Garden of the Gods Official Feedback Thread

1.   This is the last Archeage Team post in this thread.   #1

Garden of the Gods Official Feedback Thread

This is the official thread for the Garden of the Gods update for ArcheAge. If you’re looking to give feedback for ArcheAge Unchained please click here!

Please feel free to input all of your constructive feedback here for the update of the Garden of the Gods update here.

Be aware that we may not respond as we are gauging the feedback and sentiment as a whole and if you have any questions, they can be asked in the Official ArcheAge Discord. Thank you all!

How can you have a feedback thread when the update is weeks away and we have zero idea of whats in it?

This thread is here only to create a false feeling that they will action upon the feedback, hence reducing the frustration of the players.

The feedback does not actually matter. They do not care. If you did, they would have asked us about our feedback at least once in the past 6-7. The decisions have been made and the will not be changing them.

This is some kinda joke, haha, who's laughing though? they have known this was coming since at least march Gamigo group full-year report likely well before that, they chose to say nothing they didn't care about feedback then but only after backlash.

Ask:

We are therefore starting from the new financing system, in which extensions are created and the player has to purchase them again and again.

-> At what intervals are these paid extensions available?
    -> Are they mandatory to purchase, so that you have to "purchase" them to continue playing the game?
    -> In what financial framework will they operate?
    -> Will there be extensions of different sizes and possibly resulting price developments?
    -> will the expansion over time be about covering the game financially or is it based on the score of most players / fastest players? (At the moment, I personally believe that T5 is unlocked far too early, as most of the players are still on their way to earn T4. (I don't even focus on the top 100 players who are still a long way from Full Epic T4 )

-> What restrictions will the restart server have? Can existing players also enter this or do they have to delete their previous characters on the normal servers?
    -> Is the opening of new servers well thought out or could one have provided some kind of intermediate equipment for new players, eg an NPC according to lvl 55, which can convert the HiramT1 into T3.
    -> How do you want to prevent old players from taking over the new servers and thereby the normal servers becoming empty? Server mergers have been a huge impact and loss of players in the past.

-> Before I put even more money into the game, I would like to see that this money is also used sensibly. I am aware that Gamigo generated a net profit of ~ € 2,000,000 last year, hence the small inquiry about how the problems with the battle of the golden plain look, these lags are a serious intervention in the game and let in no normal gaming in the world at that time. This battle is limited in time, but the impact is enormous. When will this be remedied? It is not due to financial means, so will the problem be fixed BEFORE the garden update? This would be a decisive purchase criterion for me at least!

this was translate from german original:

Garten Erweiterung und Co: Nachfrage
    Ich möchte bezug nehmen auf die Garten der Götter-Erweiterung, im wesentlich speziell auf den bereits geschlossenen bzw nicht zur Diskussion geöffneten Post von iArche, der für mich dahingehend noch einige Fragen offen lies.

nochmal zum Nachlesen: http://forums.archeagegame.com/showt...eAge-Unchained

Fragen:

Wir gehen also vom neuen Finanzierungssystem aus, in der Erweiterungen erschaffen werden und der Spieler diese stets erneut erwerben muss.

-> In welchen Abständen werden diese kostenpflichtigen Erweiterungen bereitgestellt?
    -> Sind diese verpflichtend zum Kauf, sodass man diese erwerben "muss", um das Spiel weiterhin zu spielen?
    -> In welchem finanziellen Rahmen werden diese sich bewegen?
    -> wird es unterschiedlich große Erweiterungen und ggf. daraus resultierende Preisentwicklung geben?
    -> wird es sich beim zeitlichen Verlauf der Erweiterungen darum gehen, das Spiel finanziell abzudecken oder geht es nach dem Spielstand der meisten Spieler/schnellsten Spieler? (momentan halte ich persönlich T5 als viel zu früh freigeschaltet, da die emisten Spieler noch immer auf dem Weg sind, sich T4 zu erarbeiten. (Ich orientiere mich da nicht mal an den Top100 Spielern, die auch noch lange entfernt von Full Episch T4 sind)

-> Welche Beschränkungen wird der Neustartserver haben? Dürfen auch vorhandene Spieler diesen betreten oder muss man dafür seine bisherigen Charaktere auf den Normal-Servern löschen?
    -> Ist die Eröffnung von neuen Servern sinnvoll durchdacht oder hätte man eine Art Zwischen-Ausrüstung für neue Spieler bereitstellen können, zb einen NPC nach lvl 55, der das HiramT1 in T3 umwandeln kann.
    -> Wie möchte man verhindern, dass alte Spieler die enuen server übernehmen und dadurch die Normalen Server leer werden? Serverzusammenlegungen waren in der Vergangenheit ein riesiger Einschlag und Verlust an Spieler.

-> Bevor ich noch mehr Geld ins Spiel stecke, würde ich gerne sehen, dass dieses Geld auch sinnvoll genutzt wird. Mir ist bewusst dass Gamigo im letzten Jahr ein Nettogewinn von ~ 2.000.000,-€ erwirtschaftet hat, daher die kleine NAchfrage, wie es mit den Problemen um die Schlacht der goldenen Ebene ausschaut, diese Lags sind ein gravierender Eingriff ins Spielgeschehen und lässt in dieser Zeit kein normales Spielen in der Welt zu. Diese Schlacht ist zwar zeitlich sehr begrenzt, die Auswirkungen aber enorm. Wann wird dieser Umstand behoben? Es liegt ja nicht an finanziellen Mitteln, also, wird das Problem noch VOR dem Garten-Update behoben werden? Dies wäre zumindest für mich ein entscheidenes Kaufkriterium!

Archeage is is not a bad game, with tonnes of potential. The once off purchase no pay to win feature was what attracted myself and some of my friends coming from WoW and other MMO RPG's. We all bought AA:Unchained for the fact that it's different than other monthly paid RPG's. We moved on to Albion for the simple fact that it's content is double if not triple what AAU has to offer. We don't spend real money since upgrading to Premium once because we farm in game silver to pay for premium.

Is there a way that people can maybe pay for the expansions using in game currency or something? Most of us will stay on the old version of AAU due to the once off pay and play version has now been replaced with new expansions that also need to be paid. Why would people risk more money on a dying game that revolves around the same thing everyday. You need to keep your community, even if it means loosing money in the short run. Just my 2 cents.

Overall, it was a very nice game for the first 3 weeks.After that the repetitiveness killed it for me. Still log on and do my farming part, open coinpurses and do the archepass. I think a lot of people play the same way. Not worth it to spend more money on a current farming simulator. :/

Good luck guys. Hope you can make Archeage great again.

If you only do the Dalies and some farm shares every day, it is normal for you to get bored. How about wars at sea? Or looking for treasures on the ocean floor? Or arenas? Dungeons, raids, ... Have you already collected all the successes? All animals or mounts collected?
    Have you already raised the professions?

Generally I don't understand that one criticizes a company if it lacks content, but at the same time is not willing to pay anything monthly or annually for playing or expanding. Do they go to work for free?

If you invest more money in this game, the earnings would also be worthwhile to create more content. But if a game is just above water, you will think very carefully whether you spend the little income on game content or use it for other investments.

Unfortunately, however, a lot of players think so selfishly and only want to make a tiny one-time payment for such a huge game experience. It's like paying for a film in the cinema and then thinking that from now on you can watch films for free every day until the end of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by Kristian View Post
    If you only do the Dalies and some farm shares every day, it is normal for you to get bored. How about wars at sea? Or looking for treasures on the ocean floor? Or arenas? Dungeons, raids, ... Have you already collected all the successes? All animals or mounts collected?
    Have you already raised the professions?

Generally I don't understand that one criticizes a company if it lacks content, but at the same time is not willing to pay anything monthly or annually for playing or expanding. Do they go to work for free?

If you invest more money in this game, the earnings would also be worthwhile to create more content. But if a game is just above water, you will think very carefully whether you spend the little income on game content or use it for other investments.

Unfortunately, however, a lot of players think so selfishly and only want to make a tiny one-time payment for such a huge game experience. It's like paying for a film in the cinema and then thinking that from now on you can watch films for free every day until the end of the year.
    I have no idea how a developer-publisher relationship works, but i'd assume that gamigo pays some flat rate to XL, regardless of how well our version does (legacy). So, if that's true, no matter how well our version does, we're not going to get any more content. In fact, it looks to be the complete opposite and time has shown that as well.

Gamigo now has more incentive to delay updates so they can have a justification for charging for dlc and in return, us legacy players suffer even longer delays. Me swiping a million apex won't change that. 'Hey, look at all this content we're going to give you in this DLC' when in reality we've had to suffer a year of no content so they could develop a bundle to sell. Buying the DLC and supporting the game, is really not supporting the game at all, but the publisher.

Now as a legacy player, my monthly sub not only has to support gamigo staff, gamigo servers and whatever license fee there is but also the increased development cost to design a system to lock content behind a paywall for another game that i don't even have access to without shelling out even more money.

I'm all for supporting a game that i've played for years and infact i do. I must be some sort of sucker to continue to pay. Communication has gone to ♥♥♥♥. Customer service has gone to ♥♥♥♥. Timely updates have gone to ♥♥♥♥.

Decouple AA and AAU, if one can't survive without the other then it should not exist. This is true for legacy and unchained.

Event timers

For me the most crucial issue are the timers in EU ... almost every event starting from luscas ending up the naval boss spawns and naval pvp is at late evening / the night ... at time when i need to gather sleep to stand my job the next day.

Since the timers change to this late hours, i am not playing active (dailyage, pve and farmarama is not my content). So my main question is, are timers changed back to earlier times (prime time evening, like before change)? If yes - count me in for DLC. If not - sry, i am out, why should i pay for a DLC when i still cant join my favorite naval events?

hello

Got a question, is the DLC only for fresh server ? or can AA:U players also play the Garden of the Gods content on the ones they started when they bought the game.

I'am bit confused about the how and what, if treu that you guys have to start over, aint it better to hop back to legacy ?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast