+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Archeage Team post in this thread.   Thread: European Boss/Event Timers Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Kaka View Post
    What is wrong with you? If you don't care about theses bosses, don't suggest a timer, giving stupid timers won't help the game to get actives back.
    Again, you missed my point... my first post was slightly sarcastic, demonstrating that it's not right to speak for everyone only for yourself, and those you know for sure share your opinion..

Quote Originally Posted by LexxarLP View Post
    Also if you have the big bosses up for 1 hour it will be kinda impossible for anyone (besides completly freefarm servers) to kill just one of them for example:
    - Kraken takes around 20-30 min and if there is just one randomy guy who "abuse" the random aggro to get it permanent it's kinda not killable already
    - Leviathan can also be denied with 1 person who spawns a ship infront of the enemy flet to crash them so they cant keep up anymore and the try is already denied + you need to wait till it's back in position so you can start again means you would just have one try to kill it per up-time anyways.
    There are kinda equal mechanics for Black Dragon and Charybdis aswell.
    That is actually kinda the point, having a limited but frequent window forces folk to choose.. and all those mechanics you talk of, are contesting the spawns...

Thinking out loud, spawn every 4 hours, up for 1 hour or until engaged, once engaged remains until 2 hours before the next spawn or 30 minutes after loosing all agro, re-engage re-sets the duration - or you could do every 8 hours, up for 2 hours or until engaged then 4 - less spawns, but longer available.

But these are complex mechanics which would take much longer to implement..
    Yreawl - Taris
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it...

I see those are your opinions, I just said some of them wont work for the majority of the players like the 24/7 Hiram Fall since it wont pop then for alot of ppl thats also the reason why Red Dragon and Halcy are just up for some hours per day and not 24/7. A Stillwater Bay for 24/7 will just end in even more ppl queueing with alts for it since it's even easier then to avoid other players over the day.
    I knew I missed something... ;o) - the lack of pops for Stillwater is why I suggested allowing us to recruit for it. If nothing else we would be able to see how many others are queue'd and plan accordingly ;o)
    Yreawl - Taris
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it...

I think I got what you mean let's say we would do it like that with spawning every 4h and starting right on the reset so times would be (UTC) 0 4 8 12 16 20 24(0 again).
    - 0 would kinda be the same time we got atm so no need to say to much about it.
    - 4 would be kidna freefarm for Nuias since it's their primetime.
    - 8 would be the same as at 4 still Nuia primetime.
    - 12 Would kinda be Haranya freefarm since Nuias dont bother with anything then and Haranya got alot of ppl around at that time.
    - 16 could also be free for the Haranyas but most likly it will despawn since everyone is focusing potato stuff at that time usually.
    - 20 would be the one which is contested (since thats the usually primetime) but you get a high chance then that noone would show up because why should you waste your time when you can freefarm it under the day when noone else is online.

With 8h respawn you would have have:
    - 0 same as it's now.
    - 8 Nuia freefarm.
    - 16 Haranya freefarm or noone cares.

So you kinda would deny all the pvp and just add freefarm. At least thats the situation on Jakar and since you said Taris is freefarm for Nuias you would just give them more stuff to freefarm and as soon someone shows up they can just stop since they can come back in 4h and get it.
    So just move the times back to the old ones/the the ones I wrote down at the start.

--------------------------------------------------------
    Charybdis: Tuesday - Thursday - Saturday - 20:00 UTC
    Kraken: Tuesday - Thursday - Saturday 19:00 UTC
    Leviathan: Tuesday - Thursday - Saturday 20:00 UTC
    Black Dragon: Tuesday - Thursday - Saturday - 21:00 UTC
    Golden Plains Battle: 11:00 - 12:00 / 19:30 - 21:00 UTC
    Fall of Hiram: --
    Red Dragon’s Keep: --
    Kadum: --
    Lusca Awakening: 19:00 UTC
    Abyssal Attack: 18:30 UTC
    Delphinad Ghost Ships: 20:00 UTC
    --------------------------------------------------------

which are kinda the old times just which a earlier Kraken to extend the primetime by 1h and still gives the chance for "weaker" factions to sneak a boss or switch between bosses etc. And it also makes it something special and not some random wb stuff like Jola, Gleina or Anthalon is.

Also I dont really q for the navel arena but I dont really support a recruitment for that arena since it's free-for-all so would be kinda unfair if you q with a 6 man party against some ppl which are solo queueing (also you can do the same without recruitment).
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also Deflow Jakar is far away from being a ghost town you have a very active Pirate and Haranya side and slowly Nuia also get more and more motivated to do something.

Just as a quick answer, the NA timers would make sense in UTC.

So basically

- Golden Plains battle: 10:30 PM - 10:00 PM UTC, 11:30 AM - 12:15 AM UTC, 5:30 PM - 6:30 PM UTC
    - Fall of Hiram: 10:00 PM - 11:30 PM UTC, 7:00 AM - 9:00 AM UTC, 3:00 PM - 8:00 PM UTC
    - Red dragon's keep (Sun/Mon/Wen/Fri): 11:30 PM - 11:30 PM UTC, 12:15 PM - 1:00 PM UTC, 6:15 PM - 7:00 PM UTC
    - Kadum (Sun/Tue/Thu/Sat): 11:30 PM - 11:30 PM UTC, 12:15 PM - 1:00 PM UTC, 6:15 PM - 7:00 PM UTC
    - Lusca Awakening: 7:00 PM UTC
    - Kraken / Black Dragon (Tue/Sun): 6:30PM UTC
    - Leviathan / Charybdis (Thu/Sun): 6:30 UTC
    - Abyssal Attack (Tue/Thu/Sat): 6:30 PM UTC - 7:30 PM UTC
    - Delphinad Ghost Ship: 6:45PM UTC

This is based on the NA timer posts, but instead of PST I changed it to UTC. I personally think this could work for EU.

The biggest issue is that the more eastern part of Europe cannot possibly play with the current timers. With the summer saving time, their reset would be at 3am UTC or something. With a job/school this is not in any way feasible.

Haven't u seen the drop in players Gamigo?

Yo EU is dead. Your approaching an unrecoverable state in population on legacy EU. Any ETA on event timer fix? None of us are really logging until its fixed. Its sad to see 10vs 13 at server events.

As I said in past you have the lowest population on eu legacy than any other region in world for archeage official or private servers. Do you even have a plan to fix it? Would be nice to know a time frame on when I can play here again.

Sorry but no pvp then no point to playing. The PVE in this game is extremely out dated and a child can master it quickly. The only thing this game has going for it is mass pvp around content. Which is now totally dead. If someome asks me if they should try archeage my response would be. Yea if you like a PVE gear grinder using PVE mechanics created in 2007 where you cant access PVP raid play or end game content due to a low population.

You're killling the game which is already pretty dead. Please bring back the previous timers. I play in GMT +1 Now we have abyssal at 23:30.

I play NA because I live in NA....I can't do any bosses anymore because they are while I'm asleep....gg GAMIGO....bored and may quit

Quote Originally Posted by Deflow View Post
    Yo EU is dead. Your approaching an unrecoverable state in population on legacy EU. Any ETA on event timer fix? None of us are really logging until its fixed. Its sad to see 10vs 13 at server events.

As I said in past you have the lowest population on eu legacy than any other region in world for archeage official or private servers. Do you even have a plan to fix it? Would be nice to know a time frame on when I can play here again.

Sorry but no pvp then no point to playing. The PVE in this game is extremely out dated and a child can master it quickly. The only thing this game has going for it is mass pvp around content. Which is now totally dead. If someome asks me if they should try archeage my response would be. Yea if you like a PVE gear grinder using PVE mechanics created in 2007 where you cant access PVP raid play or end game content due to a low population.
    Ok whether you are right or not.. I am not going to discuss this. We all know population is low. The question is do you realize why did Legacy suffered from population loss in the first place ? Back in 2016-2017 ?
    I will make it easier for you and point you out the ONLY 2 things that destroyed Legacy servers :

1. Player Nation update!
    2. Same update - Honor shop Lunagems became Tradable

Those are the ONLY 2 things regarding ArcheAge in general that will help out for current, past and Future population loss.

I will explain myself.
    1st - Player Nation exercise a player-driven dominance within any server that results into dividing the community to - Freefarmers and Potatoes ( players that can't compete anymore forever ).

2nd - Honor shop Tradable Lunagems had dramatic and catastrophic consequences for the entire game. Why? Because it was F2P/P2W game with the existence of alternative accounts. Why is that a problem? Well - Let me say that within few days after this Patch was brought live... Every Whale had fully-gemmed end-game gear, and therefore the same thing as 1). Created massive gap between players capability of competing between in each other - no competition in open world pvp MMO? ->>> Game ded! Simple, isn't it ?

So... Im my eyes, the issues with Current event timers is huge.. True.! We need everything to be scheduled around prime times for Central Europe ( between 7-9pm CET ).

But at the same time Event boss timers are not a reason for low population. Because event timers are not a reason for low population in the first place

Since those timers will stay the same for summer aswell and yeah like Brutlex said most ppl are UTC +1 (+2 "soon")

Charybdis: Tuesday - Thursday - Saturday - 20:00 UTC
    Kraken: Tuesday - Thursday - Saturday 19:00 UTC
    Leviathan: Tuesday - Thursday - Saturday 20:00 UTC
    Black Dragon: Tuesday - Thursday - Saturday - 21:00 UTC
    Golden Plains Battle: 11:00 - 12:00 / 19:30 - 21:00 UTC
    Fall of Hiram: --
    Red Dragonís Keep: --
    Kadum: --
    Lusca Awakening: 19:00 UTC
    Abyssal Attack: 18:30 UTC
    Delphinad Ghost Ships: 20:00 UTC

Ya you made the best timers maby shift Levi to 19:00 because he is alive for 4h not like Kraken 2h only

Quote Originally Posted by JustAria View Post
    Some drastic changes to boss timers, if this is a good idea it's up to the majority.
    I will not be including morning instance timers.
    These times fit a person who lives anywhere where the summer time is UTC+3, and most likely has a job, going to sleep at midnight.

Charybdis: usual days, 16:30 UTC
    Kraken: usual days, 19:00 UTC
    Leviathan: usual days, 16:30 UTC
    Black Dragon: usual days, 16:30 UTC
    Golden Plains Battle: 20:30 UTC
    Fall of Hiram: 19:00 UTC
    Red Dragons Keep: 19:30 UTC
    Kadum: 19:30 UTC
    Lusca Awakening: 18:30 UTC
    Abyssal Attack: 17:30 UTC
    Delphinad Ghost Ships: 17:10 UTC / 17:15 UTC (choice is yours)
    As a player from Greece, these times suit me best! +1

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast