+ Reply to Thread

Thread: buff/debuff healer?

buff/debuff healer?

Hi guys, I'm very new to AA, I main healer as a rule. I've seen a lot about cc being extremely useful in pvp for healers, and I'm wondering if there is a useful buffing/debuffing healer build available for pvp (rather than a focus on cc though maybe it would have its place in the build as well.) What kind of class would that be? Is it real? I've always really enjoyed healing style that focuses making allies as strong as possible. Link to a build would be great.

I'm also wondering about pvp vs. pve. It seems like a lot of endgame content is pvp, though I have always loved pve. Is there enough of a demand for pve healing to have a pve build for heals? And are the gear reqs similar enough that I can just flip back and forth as needed between a pve and pvp setup?
    I'll take link to pve healing build too ^_^

I'm running plate 1h&shield and so far I have enjoyed vitalism and songcraft, I'm hoping I can run with those two but let me know what's good right now! I'm only lvl 50 so ;P

Songcraft is the quintessential buff/debuff build (playing songs with the last passive gives you 25m range to buff allies or debuff enemies).
    You add the debuff portion of it by using the Performance songs on targets afflicted with Charm (Startling Strain/Stone Healing Hymn) and Dissonance.

With Charm (Startling Strain, Stone Healing Hymn):
    - Quickstep: Slows enemy 50%
    - Bloody Chantey: Reduces skill damage 20%
    - Ode to Recovery: Does magic damage based on your magic attack
    - Bulwark Ballad: Reduces enemy defenses 50% (huge!)

With Dissonance:
    - Quickstep: Slows enemy attack speed -100
    - Bloody Chantey: Reduces enemy accuracy 10%
    - Ode to Recovery: Reduces enemy max health 10%
    - Bulwark Ballad: Reduces enemy defense penetration 10%
    - Using Dissonance on a target that has Critical Discord's debuff will remove your target's offhand weapon / shield for a few seconds.

The bolded skills are the most important debuff combos for each skill. Most healers are either 4-5 point songcraft for Zeal or 7 points, but if you play dedicated debuffer, it's worth knowing and speccing for specific combo effects.

Confessor (Shadowplay/Songcraft/Vitalism) is probably the most versatile class at the moment - you can build minimum (2 point) shadowplay for instant-cast Antithesis(or mend) with Drop Back, or Antithesis spam with Freerunner, and have a ton of free points to either go heavy song or heavy vitalism.

Most healers build spirit gear with tankiness - in general pve content isn't enough to specifically build for unless healing is your side class, so if you do a pvp build you're more than fine for pve content. 1h+shield is pretty much needed for pvp, but the gear's about the same whether you wanna pve or pvp heal.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenki View Post
    Songcraft is the quintessential buff/debuff build (playing songs with the last passive gives you 25m range to buff allies or debuff enemies).
    You add the debuff portion of it by using the Performance songs on targets afflicted with Charm (Startling Strain/Stone Healing Hymn) and Dissonance.

With Charm (Startling Strain, Stone Healing Hymn):
    - Quickstep: Slows enemy 50%
    - Bloody Chantey: Reduces skill damage 20%
    - Ode to Recovery: Does magic damage based on your magic attack
    - Bulwark Ballad: Reduces enemy defenses 50% (huge!)

With Dissonance:
    - Quickstep: Slows enemy attack speed -100
    - Bloody Chantey: Reduces enemy accuracy 10%
    - Ode to Recovery: Reduces enemy max health 10%
    - Bulwark Ballad: Reduces enemy defense penetration 10%
    - Using Dissonance on a target that has Critical Discord's debuff will remove your target's offhand weapon / shield for a few seconds.

The bolded skills are the most important debuff combos for each skill. Most healers are either 4-5 point songcraft for Zeal or 7 points, but if you play dedicated debuffer, it's worth knowing and speccing for specific combo effects.

Confessor (Shadowplay/Songcraft/Vitalism) is probably the most versatile class at the moment - you can build minimum (2 point) shadowplay for instant-cast Antithesis(or mend) with Drop Back, or Antithesis spam with Freerunner, and have a ton of free points to either go heavy song or heavy vitalism.

Most healers build spirit gear with tankiness - in general pve content isn't enough to specifically build for unless healing is your side class, so if you do a pvp build you're more than fine for pve content. 1h+shield is pretty much needed for pvp, but the gear's about the same whether you wanna pve or pvp heal.
    Thank you for this

+ Reply to Thread