+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: RNG hell

RNG hell

So, I am trying to upgrade my first Hiram weapon to T4. I spent 400 reds scrolls so far after 8 tries and still did not upgrade. I get about 50 scrolls every 4 days. So, that works out to a month of playing this game every day to get Zero for it. What if it takes 10 tries for every piece of gear? This means it will take a year to upgrade all my gear to T4, not even counting all the gold and infusions and honor also needed. This just seems like insanity. Why would anyone tolerate a game with this kind of grind? Oh wait, they don't because when they get to this point they quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Souleater View Post
    So, I am trying to upgrade my first Hiram weapon to T4. I spent 400 reds scrolls so far after 8 tries and still did not upgrade. I get about 50 scrolls every 4 days. So, that works out to a month of playing this game every day to get Zero for it. What if it takes 10 tries for every piece of gear? This means it will take a year to upgrade all my gear to T4, not even counting all the gold and infusions and honor also needed. This just seems like insanity. Why would anyone tolerate a game with this kind of grind? Oh wait, they don't because when they get to this point they quit.
    Well. I will try to be as short as possible.
    First off - RNG in Archeage nowadays is set as minimum as it can ever get in my opinion. If you ever played AA in 2014, almost everything was RNG. And by that means - it was RNG whether you have a weapon or it just goes boom and vanishes into dust

Second, but not less important - You have access to Runescribe Quills. These quills basically offers you a 50% base chance to succeed ( more if you have fails already ) instead of 10%, but they cost a lot of materials e.g. = gold The amount of awakening scrolls is 3x times the normal value .. so that means you will need 150 red scrolls for 1 attempt, but that attempt will be 50% instead of 10% even at first try. Also there is an addition to the Quills that they prevent the item from crystalization.

So I don't really see what's the problem here. They have us the players to a crossroad suitable for almost everyone. First you have the people who just seek for the thrill and they are not affraid to gamble on it 10 times in a row until they succeed, basically they trade their time for their weapon ( because farming scrolls only takes you time and a bit of effort to join and do all the dailies with many other people, easy as F )

Second type is probably the people who don't like the gamble that much and their value their time spent farming dailies for awakening scrolls. I assume some of those people would if not most, but sometimes go for crafting Runescribe Quills, mostly because they want to trade off their gold in order to get much higher chance to succeed in the awakening process.
    By any means, crafting a scrolls its not cheap. But if you or someone else is a type of player that can't handle the fails and just want steady progression with limited rng in it - just go for the Quills.

P.S. That's just my opinion

Rng is no where near as unforgiving as it was, and ive heard and had worse on lower end.
    also you can upgrade lower awakening scrolls to help speed it along.

I had the same RNG as Souleater on my first item on its way to T4 on AAU.
    The 9th try finally resulted in a success so good luck to you.

While I agree with BobsynS and Taikai that it was way worse before the introduction of the awakening process I still dare ask the question: Is it really a good system?
    Your speed of progress is determined by sheer luck at the point of awakening.
    (Repeating myself from an older thread: )
    Person A may be extremely lucky and have an immediate success. All he needs to awaken a T1 item to T2 is 10 hiram awakening scrolls and 300lp.
    Person B may be the unluckiest person alive and always fails until 100% and always crystallizes. He needs 190 hiram awakning scrolls, 5.700lp and 190.000 honor - for 1 item.
    Now apply this to T3->T4.

The question MUST BE: What's the point of this system?
    To force unlucky players to complete more hiram dailies and grind for more honor?
    Why can't it be a simple system where the amount of awakening scrolls is (heavily) increased but it is a 100% chance to succeed?
    A child of song, a child of rage
    Abandoned in another age
    Now ancient hate and rhymes that bind
    Make paradise a tomb divine
    And demons trapped in beauty’s thrall
    Hunt those who heed the bloodsong’s call.

Quote Originally Posted by Turambaredolas View Post
    I had the same RNG as Souleater on my first item on its way to T4 on AAU.
    The 9th try finally resulted in a success so good luck to you.

While I agree with BobsynS and Taikai that it was way worse before the introduction of the awakening process I still dare ask the question: Is it really a good system?
    Your speed of progress is determined by sheer luck at the point of awakening.
    (Repeating myself from an older thread: )
    Person A may be extremely lucky and have an immediate success. All he needs to awaken a T1 item to T2 is 10 hiram awakening scrolls and 300lp.
    Person B may be the unluckiest person alive and always fails until 100% and always crystallizes. He needs 190 hiram awakning scrolls, 5.700lp and 190.000 honor - for 1 item.
    Now apply this to T3->T4.

The question MUST BE: What's the point of this system?
    To force unlucky players to complete more hiram dailies and grind for more honor?
    Why can't it be a simple system where the amount of awakening scrolls is (heavily) increased but it is a 100% chance to succeed?
    I do understand your point completely. But yet again I must say that a slight a bit of RNG in any game is healthy.

I will try to explain. Have you played a game where you know exactly what is going to happen at any given time, you know exactly how much gold you need for X specific thing, also you know exactly on which date on the calendar your weapon is going to hit certain grade and so on... It can continue endlessly...
    And now imagine knowing all that stuff and yet you have a quest systems that are repeatable on daily basis...

So if you take all of that and think about it... How long will you actually have the thrill of actually playing the game ?

The player's progression right now its more linear and steady than ever before. Gear progression is all set by numeric values of Item experience to nxt level, of labor cost, infusions cost, number of infusion you can get per day and so on... And on top of that if there isn't any RNG based backpedal just to even force you to be excited or not, anything including emotion presented to you by the game mechanics... How fun that would be ? Its a game after all, we are not trying to build a Skyscraper, Cosmic ship that needs to be calculated to perfection

And yes, your example is purely between the luckiest player Vs. the Most unlucky one.
    The difference is there. But now let's remember that Player A on his next weapon or gear piece fails 19 times ( The Lucky guy from example 1 ) and then we have the Player B (Unlucky guy from example 1 ) does hit his second item from first attempt ?

So if you look in the big picture... Sooner or later Player A and Player B will get pretty damn close to gear progression, because all of us need to upgrade, awaken not just 1 piece... Its like entire armor + weapons, bows, lutes, flutes and so on

Quote Originally Posted by BobsynS View Post
    I do understand your point completely. But yet again I must say that a slight a bit of RNG in any game is healthy.

I will try to explain. Have you played a game where you know exactly what is going to happen at any given time, you know exactly how much gold you need for X specific thing, also you know exactly on which date on the calendar your weapon is going to hit certain grade and so on... It can continue endlessly...
    And now imagine knowing all that stuff and yet you have a quest systems that are repeatable on daily basis...

So if you take all of that and think about it... How long will you actually have the thrill of actually playing the game ?

The player's progression right now its more linear and steady than ever before. Gear progression is all set by numeric values of Item experience to nxt level, of labor cost, infusions cost, number of infusion you can get per day and so on... And on top of that if there isn't any RNG based backpedal just to even force you to be excited or not, anything including emotion presented to you by the game mechanics... How fun that would be ? Its a game after all, we are not trying to build a Skyscraper, Cosmic ship that needs to be calculated to perfection

And yes, your example is purely between the luckiest player Vs. the Most unlucky one.
    The difference is there. But now let's remember that Player A on his next weapon or gear piece fails 19 times ( The Lucky guy from example 1 ) and then we have the Player B (Unlucky guy from example 1 ) does hit his second item from first attempt ?

So if you look in the big picture... Sooner or later Player A and Player B will get pretty damn close to gear progression, because all of us need to upgrade, awaken not just 1 piece... Its like entire armor + weapons, bows, lutes, flutes and so on
    Bull ♥♥♥♥.

RNG is in the game to make a person PAY more money for the same result. The took out P2W so now it's just a ♥♥♥♥ system.

If you want to REALLY see what people think of the system just look at the results.

https://steamcharts.com/app/1147660#1y

NO ONE WANTS THEIR PROGRESS TO BE RNG!
    Ray: Kaylin
    -------
    formally: Ray > Valume, Kraken
    Qube: Reckoning, Kyrios, Kraken

Quote Originally Posted by Bobitoz View Post
    Bull ♥♥♥♥.

RNG is in the game to make a person PAY more money for the same result. The took out P2W so now it's just a ♥♥♥♥ system.

If you want to REALLY see what people think of the system just look at the results.

No one wants you to rush your gear and quit, either.
    Everybody loves a Skullknight party
    cuz a Skullknight party don't stop!

Quote Originally Posted by Bobitoz View Post
    Bull ♥♥♥♥.

Let's look at the logic here

In legacy its P2W. While in legacy, standard crafting (not Hiram synthing) the final item that swore me off upgrading ever again was to upgrade a piece of Unique - that's UNIQUE - armor to Celestial. Every other piece I had was already Celes, so this was just to complete the set.

Spent 4000 gold and 300 Loyalty, which would give me a total of 4 attempts. Resplendent scrolls with superior red charms. Fours attempts.

Fail. Fail. Fail. Fail.

The game took everything and I got nothing. (They didn't take the item because it was not at risk of being destroyed at that level.

IMHO - The RNG in Unchained is Not Worse than Legacy was. It may not be any better, but it sure is NOt worse.

The RNG gear progression in this game i'm just not interested in it its not friendly or rewarding for players new or old i feel it kills the game as the risk far outweighs rewards, it means then pvp is limited to that RNG for GS just it's always striving for GS and not any skill or class is better just GS, what can i say is that for me this is the worst part of the game and something i'm not going to even attempt to pander too, for me the game is farm trade pve game at my own pace n fun no pvp because when u remove skills and all u got is GS then u dont have proper pvp, idk why ppl are interested in a pvp game that's totally GS related and not skilled, GS and the RNG system should be scrapped bring crafting back have a stationary max GS like in GW2 watch pvp get real interesting then, the whole game presently is a gold labour sink to GS and the RNG doesn't drive me to play or get that GS, ye i'm enjoying the other avenues of the game, for a game thats suppose to be pvp it seriously lacks any reward to play pvp.

As for the ppl that have high lvl GS and go round PKin low lvl players questing well that about sums up the 0skill pvp in game.

i fail to see how u all can complain about the current rng in the game, i played legacy since launch and the crafting, regrade, and gem system was completely unforgiving.
    First you had to craft the item and open it, see if u got a piece you could even use, and if your lucky could be upgraded to next tier, most the time it did you no good or couldn't be upgraded haulting progress right there.
    If u got something you could use you now need to regrade it and if u failed a regrade at certain grades your piece of gear was gone, barely any compensation for it, just gone no repair or replacement, GONE.
    Now if you got a reasonable piece to a decent grade you now need to gem it, first one always went in, after that the chances dropped every gem you went, and some pieces had 7 slots, but if u fail you lost ALL the gems with ZERO return.
    So awakening RNG is minor at best compaired to old systems, hell a fail improves your odds, and also you can't fail more then 18 times as your bonus in 90% and base is 10% meaning 100% chance. No prior RNG system had any failure forgiveness you had to start fresh.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast