+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Why I won't play ArcheAge after opening the Character Selection Screen

Archeage is a Korean game. Taboos and norms defined by cultures. But as an individual you always have a choice. If you do not agree with the game design or finding it unethical, you will either stop playing or you will respect the designers' choices. Do not expect them to respect your norms or ethics. Respect goes both ways.

MMO games are not the platform to discuss women rights or conservatism. There are specific platforms for this purposes only. Many people use MMOs for escapism from the unpleasant realities, especially by seeking entertainment or engaging in fantasy as Mr. Google says, please keep this kind of agenda out of the game. MMOs in their nature played by millions from different countries, cultures and nations. Expecting they will follow your norms is nothing but arrogancy and egoism. Thank you!

Unhappy

First of all, I'm sorry if my text sounds a little confusing, but english is not my native language.

I want to agree with the OP and say that I don't feel confortable with the over sexualization of female characters. I felt unconfortable since de character creation screen and played until level 23. The game really is less sexualized after the character creation, but it still don't trats female and male characters as the same. For example my leather armour, tha puts a long pant on males and a miniskirt on female so we can see the panties when we use de glider.

There is no simetry and I will not accpet that. So I am uninstalling the game too. It's a shame,. It's a nice game, but it's not fair with women that are constantly being objectified.

There are a few outfits which are a bit revealing, but we can always change our view to default (for the characters).
    Ode - Jergant Server | Public Apothecary Manor in Solzreed with all of the proficiency items for Alchemy and Cooking.
    Location: Solzreed > on the cliff above the Bungalow icon on the map.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2