+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Diligence costs (mounts)

Lightbulb Diligence costs (mounts)

I think it is a pity that the mounts are very expensive for diligence coins and you have no chance to farm the coins - unless you wait 5-6 weeks and do the archepass.
    I am aware that mounts also offer advantages based on skills - but no one would be at a disadvantage if they were cheaper, because this means that everyone could afford them.

I also think it would be good if you can work hard to earn diligence coins.

In almost all games you can farm mobs, run dungeons, or go on missions or achievements to get rare mounts. This is not possible here. The mounts you get for achievements are hard to farm, because you need the mounts for diligence and this means..you need to wait for a looooooong time (how many years?^^)

I collect mounts and pets in every game and I think the system here is a pity because there is nothing I can do ingame to influence or accelerate this progress. It shouldn't be a gift, but you should be able to get it through dungeons or mobs or whatever..or it should be cheaper..

Especially when more than 15 new mounts are introduced within two weeks...it's very frustrating to have a large selection of mounts, but knowing that you can only get them once a month or every 6 weeks. To wait 1 year for 12 mounts is a bit extreme.

Everyone has a different focus and I know that this topic is very uninteresting for many people. In fact, collecting mounts is almost my main part of Archeage. What do you think about it?
    Do you think you're okay with the long wait?
    Wouldn't you rather have the opportunity to farm independently of the Archepass Diligence? For example as a reward for dungeons (endboss)?

Quote Originally Posted by Thayra View Post
    I think it is a pity that the mounts are very expensive for diligence coins and you have no chance to farm the coins - unless you wait 5-6 weeks and do the archepass.
    I am aware that mounts also offer advantages based on skills - but no one would be at a disadvantage if they were cheaper, because this means that everyone could afford them.

I also think it would be good if you can work hard to earn diligence coins.

In almost all games you can farm mobs, run dungeons, or go on missions or achievements to get rare mounts. This is not possible here. The mounts you get for achievements are hard to farm, because you need the mounts for diligence and this means..you need to wait for a looooooong time (how many years?^^)

I collect mounts and pets in every game and I think the system here is a pity because there is nothing I can do ingame to influence or accelerate this progress. It shouldn't be a gift, but you should be able to get it through dungeons or mobs or whatever..or it should be cheaper..

Especially when more than 15 new mounts are introduced within two weeks...it's very frustrating to have a large selection of mounts, but knowing that you can only get them once a month or every 6 weeks. To wait 1 year for 12 mounts is a bit extreme.

Everyone has a different focus and I know that this topic is very uninteresting for many people. In fact, collecting mounts is almost my main part of Archeage. What do you think about it?
    Do you think you're okay with the long wait?
    Wouldn't you rather have the opportunity to farm independently of the Archepass Diligence? For example as a reward for dungeons (endboss)?
    I'm reasonably certain that you did not play Legacy, at least, before mana crystals. There did not used to be Diligence coins. What there was, was Loyalty Tokens. You got One (1) when you logged in each day, and if you stayed on the game, after an hour you got a second one, and after one more hour you got a third. And that was it for that day. All you could earn was 3 per day.

Standard prices for the mounts in the Loyalty shop were 400 or 650.

Feel free to do the math.

Diligence is unbelievably better than Loyalty, and receiving the coins through archepass every week is fine with me.

IMHO

I think the mount prices are tolerable. But I'm extremely overwhelmed by the amount of items they put in all at once after so many of us already spent most of our diligence from the last major update to the shop.
    For the steep price of 400 coins, it would be nice if it came with the armor - or at least make the armor cheaper.

And now ALL of the new pets are also 400 coins. Mounts, pets, gliders - all the same high price???
    Idk who came up with the pricing, but they're killing me.
    I'll be sitting at 250ish diligence coins by the end of this season on my main. Then I'll have to wait till April 16th to be able to afford anything else. It would be nice if I could at least buy a pet before then...

@Dumbo: I see what you mean. If you compare that with your example, diligence coins are really better. But it's no consolation to me that in the Legacy version something was even more difficult than in Archeage Unchained. In general, I don't think you can compare it, because it just has different principles. In Legacy you could buy mounts with money - but of course I don't want that. And there were also the Mana Storm crystals, which are not yet available at Archeage.

The number of players has really gone down a lot and I don't think that making the costs too high really helps, that a player is aware from the beginning that he can never buy or play most of the items. You really have to make a decision - mount or house. House or Buffs.

Or you can wait up to a year until you have saved enough, which means the shop will be filled with new items every weeks - but since you are still saving, you can't buy something. I think most players will not wait a year. It's just demotivating. Especially, 400 diligence coins- and then there's not even the armor...just for the armor you have to wait until the month is over.

I can't speak for the others, but for me it's not understandable why you can't earn the coins or the mana storm crystals somehow different. A shop with a time currency, will deter many players I think. At least I hear from many players that they find the items far too expensive. I hope they might find another way - I'd like to farm mounts, but waiting over a year for 12 mounts is really long and it would also be more incentive in the game if they rarely drop from bosses or you get coins as a reward from dungeons. People would at least have motivation to run dungeons again.

Not trying to nitpick here, but the only way to actually 'purchase' a mount on Legacy was with Loyalty tokens. You could spend cash on RNG boxes that Might pop a mount, but that was a low percentage. You could not simply spend credits for unique mounts. There was the basic mounts of the various races at about 400 credits, and a few kind of advanced - like a bigger cat mount for 1350, but that was it for buying with cash.

This kinda goes on a tangent, but I think it does address your question as to why they make things so difficult. And again, it's just IMHO.

This game - IMHO - is weird because it seems the Devs never made up their minds as to what the major focus of the game would be. Primarily a combat game? Primarily a farming/traderun/make gold game? Primarily just a social game to get as many achievements as possible? Because All of the tasks are So time consuming and So expensive, the player has to pick a path to follow - and then if they end up changing their minds they are really screwed. The time and cost to change their focus to a different direction is huge.

Back when I did a fresh start on legacy and Hiram came out, I focused everything on my main character to farming hiram and trying to be competitive in PvP. They had a double drop event (back then there was no Hiram mountains or Aegis Island. All you had was DS and the areas around that southern tip - calmlands, nuimari, etc. I got my GS up to 6K just farming hours and hours and hours of DS. But it blew out my labor just opening the pieces, and blew out my money synthesizing. I had literally 2000 coinpurses stored that I could not open because of no labor. So everything slows down. Log in. spend all labor opening some of the coinpurses. Log out. Do that for 3 days. Then log in - synthesize and spend the gold. Rinse and Repeat.

The point is - this is the ONLY thing I could do in the game, because that is the path I had chosen. I couldn't change to crafting, or farming, or traderuns, or mining or anything else. I had no land, no Hauler, no fishing boat, no skills built up, nothing that you need to participate in those types of activities. Once you decide on a path this game squeezes you and you are really stuck. You can't enjoy all the different flavors of this game. The Game forces you to pick a path. And since the Devs have always had such costs high (I very clearly remember seeing mounts I would really have liked to have owned, then saw the price and thinking - That is never gonna happen) I think they are Oblivious to what the positive impact allowing players to easily obtain basically any mount they want would be.

Do you remember them telling us " EVERY character can have their own full sized dragon mount" , grown from a dragon egg? Then he told us what was required - which was One person getting Every other player in the game to contribute to the 'growing' of that player's personal dragon. It would take at least a month - probably more - to grow the dragon - which became that one player's mount. But they told us "EVERY player can have their own dragon mount". Feel free to do the math on how many months it would take to get one for every player in the game.

I do understand why you can't earn the coins or storm crystals easier. IMHO - the Devs do not play the game the way the Players have to play the game. If a Dev wants a mount on their account, they just put it in. We saw that when they used to have Livestreams. When they were introducing Hiram, they showed how synthesis worked and ' all you have to do is' ... and showed the stockpile of hundreds of pieces of hiram she had. And when she went to show how to upgrade, and how the percentage increased after a failure - she could NOT get a failure. Every scroll she used - at 10% - was successful. So she ended up just explaining it.

IMHO - The Devs don't really understand the nuances of their own game.

IMHO

I agree, I think more stuff could be trade able too. There is just too much stuff (not just mounts and gliders) to get and not enough diligence. They don't even give any notice when or what the are adding either. Most of the stuff is a waste with no info if its good or not.

I am stuck with crystal wings, so yeah month of diligence wasted on that...

I don't really care if its ptw or whatever, my alts have a bunch of diligence with nothing to get with it. I would rather have the option to buy/sell it or trade stuff to my main. Not saying everything but more stuff.

What can u say i could understand the cost of mounts if u could trade them but u cant putting lots of things in the shop as in diligence is great but i do believe most ppl dont have alot of diligence u cant earn it any other way so its very restrictive and these mounts are really just cosmetic, do i think they are expensive yes i do, yet on the other hand u can sell trade like the houses bought for diligence hmmm, i bought the lil shroom house i think it was 1,500k gold on AH but 500 diligence in shop, so slightly confused why mounts are not tradable, the bunny mounts are only 140 diligence and tradable

why dont they put them in the credit store they arent p2w they really are just cosmetic.

Dumbo, yeah I got ya.

Adelphi, you should definitely not be able to buy them with credits, because then it would be like in Legacy again. And it's not just cosmetics. Every mount has different abilities that you can use in pvp.

I also understand that you can't trade the mounts.
    Many people have several accounts and would drown in gold because they simply sell expensive with the Twinks. This gives you again an advantage against gamers who maybe only have one account. Even though I have to admit that I would find it totally cool to be able to sell something for diligence. But it would be very unfair, so it's okay for me.

But just because you can't buy the stuff (mounts, gliders) for money or gold, it's just frustrating to get diligence in only one way: Waiting. If I want to buy items, I have to be able to influence somehow how fast this is possible if I invest more time and energy. Otherwise this puts a lot of pressure on the gaming mood.
    Inis don't run that many, because of the Hiram Gear. There are no special rare drops (mounts, pets, gliders) from world bosses or mobs...I think that's a pity, because you would have many possibilities to keep the players. I want to emphasize that it is not about "giving" something for free. It's more about giving the possibility to really afford things or even to earn them (not waiting 6 weeks all the time).

I am looking forward that maybe something will be change in future. I really love Archeage - and I think there will be back more player, if something like this will be changed.

+ Reply to Thread