+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Archeage Team post in this thread.   Thread: Message for the staff

Message for the staff

I would like to know the details of the contract signed between gamigo and xl games and how it is different to the previous one with Trion. Trion had a duty to localize for the region and pre check each patch for its compatibility with our region. This included stability, language and the checking of elements in the patch such as event schedules. We know this is fact because they held back patchs demanding changes from XL first in the past specific to our region. The event schedule it self was one of those reason in past patch.

Does your contract not include a duty to localize the released patch for our region?

Why has there been no attempts made to fix server transfers on legacy after 1 year + ?

Why was the event schedule not checked . If it was do you consider playing at 2am to be prime time for events on eu?

Do you understand how bad your reputation is with players right now?

You keep making posts about new staff yet basic questions by players on forums go months unanswered. What is it these new people do?

I feel like you got this game and put legacy servers into a skeleton staff setup. They are the worst servers out of all regions in the world including illegal private servers. You have the least stable servers, the smallest player base (after driving most of them away).

It would be nice if gamigo could give some sort of statement on any of this. We are at the point now where your games not worth logging. Your in game events are at times no one can form raids for. Many guilds already starting to slow disband due to lack of acitvity and peoples play times massively reduced. I my self have cancelled 5 accounts as I refuse to pay a company who would act like this. Your acting like a server host with a cash shop.

Nice post. Gamigo time for answer's!!!

"Silence is golden" is the slogan for 2020.
    Tyrenos

Look At Your Execution As A Form Of Art

I am sure the CEO is formulating his reply as I type.....
    I've started to support global warming in the hope that it will melt all the snowflakes...

My hope was one of these multiple new staff making posts introducing them selfs would.

Quote Originally Posted by Shantar View Post
    I am sure the CEO is formulating his reply as I type.....
    I am sure Cosmo is thinking up something snarkish and condescending to say.

When Gamigo has no legitimate answer to give (which is quite often) they send in Cosmo.

lol
    when i asked about some info on there contract i got post deleted and banned for a week from forums.
    Hope they pay more attention to this post and grow some balls to awnser.

good luck

Due the world wide corona outbreak we are not able to reply we are sorry.

This thread gets deleted and the person who started it gets banned in 3, 2, 1..

Quote Originally Posted by SociopathicPanda View Post
    This thread gets deleted and the person who started it gets banned in 3, 2, 1..
    Yup! Turns out Gamigo and Trion have a lot more in common than even I feared.
    Company Policy: No need to fix the game, just silence those who say anything about it!

10.   Click here to go to the next Archeage Team post in this thread.   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Deflow View Post
    Does your contract not include a duty to localize the released patch for our region?
    Yes, and while some things may be missed (we're only human!) we have a team who localises the game into English, German and French from Korean. If something is missed please feel free to let us know, or if you think something doesn't make sense then we will gladly forward it to the guys who deal with it!

In regards to "we know that Trion held back patches to demand changes" we have held back items in the past, most notably the Hereafter Rebellion because it sadly came to us in a state that was not suitable to be released. In some instances, however, it is simply not feasible nor possible to hold back content, regardless of if we want to.

Why has there been no attempts made to fix server transfers on legacy after 1 year + ?
    The server transfers are a very hot topic, and we'd really like to bring them back to Legacy (and as a Legacy player myself, I also want them back ) The issue is that as the game gets updated, the system that transfers used became unreliable and it got to a point in the past where it was entirely possible that a Character might genuinely just poof into thin air and that's definitely not okay. We want to ensure that it works, first and foremost, and that future updates (such as a certain Garden) do not cause further problems with it if we "fix" it once. Once we are 100% sure that none of your data is at risk of disappearing into thin air then we can bring that back but as it is with a lot of technological challenges, it can take more time (and yes I know it already took a long time already)

Why was the event schedule not checked . If it was do you consider playing at 2am to be prime time for events on eu?
    This might be a long one, buckle in!

So we cater for the EU and NA regions, of course but we also need to take into account the massive amount of timezones our active playerbase plays in. We have people from all around the world so ranging from timezones in (for example) UTC+1, +2, +3 etc. If we put say Kraken at 8pm, that's great for me and that's great for a +1 timezone. When it starts getting into the +2 and +3 people, it starts to run into Midnights for some people and that's where the issues begin.

To put it extremely blatant, we can't please everyone, and regardless of any change we do to the event schedule there will always be a vocal group who will highlight that the schedule "kills" their content, but with the current event feedback (for both regions) we want to try our best to cater to as many of our active playerbase as we can, hence our current open topics for feedback.

Do you understand how bad your reputation is with players right now?
    We have seen comments and feedback on all ends of the spectrum, both good and bad, for all kinds of reasons.

You keep making posts about new staff yet basic questions by players on forums go months unanswered. What is it these new people do?
    The new people (and even I myself am still rather new, originally coming from being a Community Ambassador) are Community Managers, and our roles consist of a lot of tasks that seem small but are actually very important in the grand scheme of things; ranging from Social Media, Discord presence, Feedback gathering, gameplay reports and ensuring that the voices of you guys is heard by XL. Now one thing i should make clear is that while we can and do forward/compile all feedback to XL, that doesn't necessarily mean something will be changed but regardless, our job as CMs is to highlight the opinions of the community (you guys) to XL and make the requests you ask us for!

Quote Originally Posted by AngelEyes View Post
    I am sure Cosmo is thinking up something snarkish and condescending to say.

When Gamigo has no legitimate answer to give (which is quite often) they send in Cosmo.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast