+ Reply to Thread

Thread: removing single client restriction on pts

removing single client restriction on pts

have the anti cheat was probably helpful when pts was doing load test and with the initial pre-AAU rush to see if the program could do what it needed to do, but now it is just keeping the few testers that bother to log in without fluffy from really being able to do anything at all.

We use alts to pop certain instances like FOH, RD, halcy and certain dungeons but when the anti cheat keeps us from logging in more than one client it makes certain things impossible.

Removing the anti cheat from the PTS loading would go a long way to help the small community that bothers to take the time to push boundaries and search for bugs. This might also be an easier thing to request than fluffy, although I do believe the return of fluffy would mean the return of activity on pts.
    Hazzmatt - Class: Soothsayer <-- No Longer Dead Class
    <AA Conservation Society>

Yea, it was understandable at the time with AAU, it was a new game, which also meant people who just love cheating would flock to a new game lol. But seeing that official Alpha/Beta testing is done for AAU, there isn't really a need for the Anti-cheat on PTS, Live servers yes of course, but PTS, not really. Granted, the Anti-cheat program is amazing (not being sarcastic) when preventing cheating. Another game I play also has the same Anti-cheat program, and frankly has made that game alive again without all of the cheaters etc. But yea, I agree with you Hazzmatt, it should be lifted for PTS, especially since people can have more then 1 game open, I sadly can't because of the RAM, but that doesn't mean others that have higher RAM shouldn't be able to enjoy having 2 clients open at once.

Being honest with you friend, I don't believe we will have Fluffy for the next "Testing phase" since we didn't have Fluffy at all during this entire "testing" phase..I mean it's good to be positive, but I'm out of positivity when it comes to the PTS lol.
    "Ah were can I begin this tale? The 5 old empires..those of the Forsaken now slumbers in the dark of Calmlands, Valliant Knights of Vanguard wanders upon the winds to new lands after the siege in Marcala...the Warriors of Chaos lays slumbering in Heedmar after the black inky Abyss, The Crest of many who once ruled Nuimari, to those who roam with the Yata's Kingdoms in Sungold, all may be not what they used to be, but those fragments of knights still shape Auroria today." -Lucious

I support this for a very silly application... In that I'm a roleplayer, and I want to not have to be on two separate computers to RP my main and my alt at the same time, especially when one of them is a bartender and it kinda feels rough to RP in a bar without a bartender.
    ArcheAge-Roleplay.net

Wᴀɴᴅᴇʀᴇʀ ᴏɴ Wʏɴɴ
    Formerly Wanderer on Tahyang
    Lore nerd since CBT3 KR

Quote Originally Posted by The Wanderer View Post
    I support this for a very silly application... In that I'm a roleplayer, and I want to not have to be on two separate computers to RP my main and my alt at the same time, especially when one of them is a bartender and it kinda feels rough to RP in a bar without a bartender.
    That's not really silly, there are many PTSer's that go on PTS not only to test things, but to have fun..of course you have those screaming "but it's a PTS!" In our case...It's a live server, people have been using PTS to test patches but also to test gear for Live or like in your case..just to have fun their own way with friends or just alone..nothing silly about it.
    "Ah were can I begin this tale? The 5 old empires..those of the Forsaken now slumbers in the dark of Calmlands, Valliant Knights of Vanguard wanders upon the winds to new lands after the siege in Marcala...the Warriors of Chaos lays slumbering in Heedmar after the black inky Abyss, The Crest of many who once ruled Nuimari, to those who roam with the Yata's Kingdoms in Sungold, all may be not what they used to be, but those fragments of knights still shape Auroria today." -Lucious

+ Reply to Thread