+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Apex prices @gamigo

Apex prices @gamigo

Hi there

Are you guys planing to do anything about APEX on legacy?
    An year ago it would sell for 1k. Lately its selling for around 4k, which is killing the legacy servers, since many F2P players can't afford those prices.
    Also many new players that arrive on Legacy ending up just quitting the game, unable to afford patron.

I dont believe a Apex Sale can fix this problem. You guys must find a better solution.

If you play on AAU, please don't come here to say 'quit to AAU'. Dont be selfish. Many people enjoy playing on legacy and the server deserves Gamigo attention.

If you really want something in life be prepared to pay for it. Don't expect it to be given to you.
    I've started to support global warming in the hope that it will melt all the snowflakes...

Price abuse

Maybe you don't understand the problem,I live in Brazil, and making purchases to pay in dollars with a credit card is complicated.So the payment in Apex is much more plausible. be sold on the market, 4 k gold.So to get 30 days of Patron, 2 Apex (8 k gold) are needed.I believe Gamico does not intervene in this market, because it is not in their interest to keep Legacy active. If there is a mass withdrawal in Legacy, they end the game claiming loss.I believe until the incentive at increasingly higher prices, depart from Gamico itself...

Quote Originally Posted by Rhoogaar View Post
    Maybe you don't understand the problem,I live in Brazil, and making purchases to pay in dollars with a credit card is complicated.So the payment in Apex is much more plausible.Except that Apex price skyrocketed in the last 3 months, reaching to be sold on the market, 4 k gold.So to get 30 days of Patron, 2 Apex (8 k gold) are needed.I believe Gamico does not intervene in this market, because it is not in their interest to keep Legacy active. If there is a mass withdrawal in Legacy, they end the game claiming prejudice.I believe until the insective at increasingly higher prices, depart from Gamico itself...
    It was always Trion policy that the market should be player driven. They screwed us over a few times by collapsing thunderstruck tree prices etc but by and large it is player driven. Simple fact is many whales have stopped investing in Apex so demand outstrips supply making them expensive. The best way for Gamigo to fix is to get XL to fix the aspects of the game that are broken and try and attract new or old players. At present though AA:U seems to have all the attention.

Quote Originally Posted by Shantar View Post
    If you really want something in life be prepared to pay for it. Don't expect it to be given to you.
    lol, this reaction is as bad as those from AAU.

First of all we never asked for dividing AA into two versions which killed of AA , we asked for changes to the game.
    Apex prices are getting a huge problem now as a result of the split into 2 versions.
    AA as f2p and its Apex purpose is out of balance. Its killing the AA version even more now and this way they abandoned AA.

Realise that some of us play this game for 5+ years, invested a lot of time and money into the game and our char. We already payed for 20 -100++ copies of AAU. So no not all of us just want to start all over again.

Tbh i play both now and the difference is huge, in a way i would say never start AA as a new player especially now with the Apexes this high. Is not worth it to invest so much labor and time just to get your patron started. And why pay for it if you can get it with an one time buy in AAU and get most of the items with DC for free. DCs which is very easy to obtain.

I see f2p is still here mostly to get money from it to support AAU. So many items we pay a lot of credit for in AA you get for free in AAU. For example, one of many, Beanstalk 10k credit in AA you get in AAU for (only) 1200 DC for free lol. The contrast is so huge that its not logic anymore to really have two versions with different patron systems.
    For Alt problem theres not much difference, Alt problem is still there only more hidden in AAU

It's all easy - demand creates supply. While people ready to pay high price for apex, price will be grows. You can't, but someone with alt army can do a 10+ traderuns and get in total 3-5k gold per day or more.

If Trion were to intervene and impose a price cap on the value of APEX, I suspect the majority of the folks putting cash into APEX would simply stop buying APEX. The result is that there would hardly be any APEX left to buy in game.

The player market on BDO seems to be fine even with price control the main issue is to stop the abuse of reselling people buy them low and sell them high or using apex's to transfer gold from one server to another or for gold sellers to sell their illegal gold to players using a legitimate method of money transfer. There is not enough punishment for those types so they get away with it all the time. If Gamigo actually put effort into hunting down and punishing the people going against the TOS or rules in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Astrofizzix View Post
    If Trion were to intervene and impose a price cap on the value of APEX, I suspect the majority of the folks putting cash into APEX would simply stop buying APEX. The result is that there would hardly be any APEX left to buy in game.
    Do not forget Trion did ban a whole guild that abused exploits and was at the time the main purchasers of APEX. The people exploiting thought that since they where the ones putting all the money into APEX that it gave them immunity.

Would be easier to just find a way to change the way apex's are needed since at this point with the prices being as high as they are the sales of them has been drastically reduced 3 years ago there was 1400 sold a day around 700g now there is only around 120-150 sold a day at 3800g basically means it went from 980k gold being used for apex to the 570k being used on apex even if they increase the amount of apex that only benefits the sellers of the apex not Gamigo itself the math if taken into account has gone from 14k dollars a day to 1500 dollars a day for just APEX sales thats a huge loss for Gamigo's profit margins. They still make their money from the people buying credits but that's an unknown amount as well as the people buying monthly subs to keep their patron going. Most of the money earned is still being used on AAU.

I know people claim the APEX going up is to drive out the alts which is half true only the hardcore alters are still going strong in the F2P market or the people who understand how to profit from manipulating gold to their favor. also the people who know what sells best so they focus on only that task.

So basically controlling the apex's values a bit to try and increase the incentive for new players to come or old players to come back could end up boosting the ingame economy but bit by bit the people that are called whales are not actually the ones paying for the game anymore the subs are the credit buyers are and those numbers are decreasing over time because there is not enough people to keep them interested. It is true some of the people will jump to AAU but most will just quit especially due to all the effort they put into the game goes to waste.

Quote Originally Posted by Shantar View Post
    Nobody expects it to be given. Why do you need to bash on him with these superficial pseudo wise stuff?

Few days ago I spoke to some guy who hadn't had a job in years so was always a free to play from the very beginning of Archeage. He finally found a job he likes as apparently pandemic brought new opportunities for some. His words were: 'I found out I can work 8 hours for years of patron instead of grinding for days for just one month'.

My point is, there is no balance. Patron doesn't even mean much, it is basically what you need to have to be able to grind in a relevant way. It's just more labor.

I would understand if credits used for other p2w stuff would be expensive as those are and should be considered luxuries.

You want to tell me that new players can afford being f2p by materializing out of this air 8k gold ?XD I have 3 freinds whostarted to play the past month, they all had to buy it with real money.

Again, it is a matter of Apex being disproportionally expensive, it may not be for the average me and you who play for years, have tons of lands and 3 cars across two regions.

And you know what is funny? I have one account in my large collection for which I cannot purchase a subscription fromthe store no matter what. Because I cannot change the country, everything is funnily enough IN DOLLARS although I have always been in the EU. I cannot even open a darn ticket because as soon as I write it and click submit the page dies and the message disappears xD Wrote on forum about it, no reply.

Again, how is this other dude or myself expecting to get anything when you cannot even pay for it? Stop being caustic with fellow players and stop trying to be smart and start being supportive on stuff like this.

On a side note, i think the publishers were made aware of this challenge long ago since Unchained was being brought into existence. However, I have my reasons to believe that that was just another quick cash grab for them as I don't really believe that model to be sustainable on the long run, for the company itself. I do not expect them to keep it a profitable server where people only pay once.... it is only p2w that keeps the games alive and after that perhaps models like games that offer access to their many, regular, huge content packs only after additional payment.

If I were gamigo, I would just change the way patron is acquired, perhaps introduce a new tradeable currency like Apex but with a limit on how expensive it can get (like putting it on general merchants for 3k or so, so people selling it on broker would sell it for cheaper), and make it patron only thing. Leave Apex to be the credits item it always was, as people still use it to essentially p2w for crates, hiram quests, mounts, costumes or whatever else is there in the marketplace...
    Proud green pirate, fervent activist of the Tumbleweed Nerf Society

Quote Originally Posted by Serphy View Post
    Hi there

Are you guys planing to do anything about APEX on legacy?
    An year ago it would sell for 1k. Lately its selling for around 4k, which is killing the legacy servers, since many F2P players can't afford those prices.
    Also many new players that arrive on Legacy ending up just quitting the game, unable to afford patron.

I dont believe a Apex Sale can fix this problem. You guys must find a better solution.

If you play on AAU, please don't come here to say 'quit to AAU'. Dont be selfish. Many people enjoy playing on legacy and the server deserves Gamigo attention.
    As a player that played legacy since the beginning... I understand that the prices are high, but you must realize that prices in ah change depending on demand such as iron for the past lantern event or paper etc... The price on apex will continue to increase as time goes on. i know you might have bad blood with people telling you to quit and play AAU but they are right. It's not fun grinding all that gold and burning all that labor just to give it all to buy apex. But I also understand the Cons for quitting AA to go to AAU like loosing your land and your progress. Gamigo will not step in due to it being a player driven economy. My recommendation are to A: make the slow move to AAU or B: pay for monthly sub. Welp! But, that's my two cents good luck and have a good day.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast