+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Archeage Team post in this thread.   Thread: ArcheAge: Unchained EU and NA Maintenance – 9th April

1.   This is the last Archeage Team post in this thread.   #1

ArcheAge: Unchained EU and NA Maintenance – 9th April

The scheduled weekly server maintenance will be on Thursday the 9th of April, the downtime is expected to last 5 hours.

The times for this maintenance are as follows:

EU: 8:00am UTC
    NA: 3:00am PDT

Patch Notes:

- The Synthesis Event begins on ArcheAge! Synthesise your gear for less. More info here!
    - The Easter Event will begin. Help Coral find her friends! More info hare (pun intended!)

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmo View Post

The times for this maintenance are as follows:

EU: 8:00am UTC
    NA: 3:00am PDT
    please can somebody explain why 8:00am EU ? why not 3am like NA ? we having a lock down and this game is the only thing we do to have fun and you guys give us 5 hours of downtime starting 8AM ! I'm a senior developer and belive your DevOps team is ridiculous, sorry to be honest!

Quote Originally Posted by kaaboura View Post
    please can somebody explain why 8:00am EU ? why not 3am like NA ? we having a lock down and this game is the only thing we do to have fun and you guys give us 5 hours of downtime starting 8AM ! I'm a senior developer and belive your DevOps team is ridiculous, sorry to be honest!
    It's at 6am EST for the east coast, a whole 2 hr difference from 8 AM. Get over it. It's better than it being mid day.

What game are you a senior dev on, I am curious to know. Please don't say some no name unreleased indie game.

Quote Originally Posted by kaaboura View Post
    I don't know where to start.
    First: this server is a European & Nord America server and by extension operated by people who try to find the best slot for these two regions

Secondly: Paying people to work after work hours costs more. So their management must have considered that it was better to have people complaining than to pay more.

Third: Devops is a methodology, not a miracle. If the application or game was not designed from the beginning in Devops mode, it is very difficult and very expensive to completely redesign it.

Fourth: Maintenance crews usually do their best to work fast and well. They are not especially happy about generating dissatisfaction. On the other hand, they work with the means given to them and this is often the minimum.

Finally: I think a senior developer should be able to do this analysis. He should also be used to having users who want a lot but don't pay anything. So he should be understanding with people who do similar work to his.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackoffripper View Post
    It's at 6am EST for the east coast, a whole 2 hr difference from 8 AM. Get over it. It's better than it being mid day.
    It IS mid day in EU. From 10 am to 15 pm.

Hope to be only 5 hours not 8+ or NO ETA like last time. 5% of play times is in maintenance.
    I cannot understand why maintenance is being done. I don't see the effect of it.
    Still sometimes I have lag, DC and ... ETC

Quote Originally Posted by Jackoffripper View Post

What game are you a senior dev on, I am curious to know. Please don't say some no name unreleased indie game.
    I'm a senior fullstack software/web developper (certified scrum master, certified java developer, certified spring professionl) been tech lead on huge gouvernemental Projects in France, I strongly advice you to check my linkedin also it is mid day in EU. (at least in France) From 10 am to 15 pm.

Jinueru, belive me man I know exactly what im talking about it, the process could be done in a loadbalance system where shut down a the main server for maintenance where the slave server can keep up at list half of the work until the main server come back, we pay 26€for the game and pay to get credits and stuff, don't be cheap and pay your workers also, if you rework the game and release an unchained version, you could at least think of better system to do the maintenance in more efficient way, they could have saved almost all of the legacy code and add more continuous integration systems. if you want to develope more the subject with me you can DM me and i will be more than glad to start a conversation with you

always it is 2pm and the server is downIt becomes a dirty habit

is that hard to do your maintenance at night? like from 5:00 UTC

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast