+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Stats on my gear, please help

Red face Stats on my gear, please help

Hey guys!
    I bought AAU when it first launched, haven't played it in a while due to real life things happening. Now I'm back and the first character I made is literary unplayable, i got rid of the adventure gear cause I thought I would get better gear as I got higher level. I figured out how to re-purchase them from vendors. I've been trying to figure out how to upgrade my gear, and I have. The gear is all purple. But the gear has no stats at all. I don't know how to get the gems or drops to get stats on my gear seeing as I don't get items to use the Evenstones on. What am I doing wrong here?
    My main class is Gypsy for now, so cloth armor and caster/healer weapons.
    Thank you all for your time and taking time to reply on my noob-questions

Levelling up explorer gear

No problem about asking questions - we were all noobs once

It's not clear from your post, but most likely your starter gear doesn't have any stats because you need to "awaken" it further using Equipment Upgrade scrolls of the correct rank. You may also need to feed it more infusions (aka synthesis) before you are able to awaken it.

I suggest you watch something like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgpQsekMPpE which explains more about synthesis and awakening gear and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CktEuv2Ii2s which explains how to re-roll stats.

Don't worry about gemming your gear till it is Hiram level (Level 50). Then you want to use the gems from the Honour shop. This guide covers lunagems and lunafrosts https://youtu.be/PzglGSO11Yw?t=77

A couple of tips:
    First, below level 50, your gear will go through 3 ranks:

Rank 1 'Mission Equipment"- says Req Level 1-55 on the gear (bold = the minimum level you must be to equip it)
    Rank 2 'Radiant Explorer's Equipment' - Req Level 28-55
    Rank 3 'Brilliant Explorer's Equipment' - Req Level 50-55
    After the 3rd awakening at Level 50, it becomes normal Hiram gear.

It is important you don't awaken it until you are high enough level to be able to equip it.

Second, you mentioned "I don't get items to use the Evenstones on".

As the videos mention, Adventurers Evenstones (previously called Beginner Catalyst stones) can be used to destroy Explorer gear and give you back the infusions you already fed to it. Infusions and Rank 1 and 2 scrolls (only - not Rank 3) were recently made available for purchase from any General Merchant npc, along with Adventurer's Evenstones. As you already know, additional sets of starter gear can be bought from any Armourer npc for a few silver. So there is only a need to use evenstones on your gear if you are trying to perfect the stats before awakening to Hiram, as described in the 2nd video I linked.

Be sure you do not use regular (black) evenstones, only the (white) Adventurer kind, and only on gear below rank 50.

Third, be very careful with your Rank 3 Awakening scrolls. They are only obtainable from your Race quest line - no spares. Therefore, unlike the other tiers of starter gear, you only get one try at creating your Hiram gear set, which can become your end game gear. So be very sure about the type of gear you want and ideally have at least 2 stats that suit your preferred playstyle on each Rank 3 piece before awakening it.

This guide shows possible stats for each piece of Hiram gear https://archeage.mmodex.com/guides/h...an-gear-guide/.

It is possible to obtain additional Hiram pieces if you want to change your gear (eg cloth to leather or plate, or change your weapon type) later on, but currently it involves a lot of grinding, as outlined in the guide. The Rock n Scroll event currently on in Archeage Unchained has Armour Type Conversion Scrolls as rewards, it might be advisable to try to obtain some for future use.

Fourth - remember in Archeage you are never locked into any class. Once you have unlocked all the combat skill trees you can change your class by visiting a Nui priestess or Skill Manager npc, and even save up to 3 builds using skillsaver items. As you probably already know, you can also change skills (once unlocked) within the tree you have selected at any time, provided you are not in combat.

Hope this helps you.

wow thank you for the detailed reply! this helps alot and thank you so much to take time to write all of this. i will look more into it tomorrow but right now it's time for bed Thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by sblmnl View Post
    A couple of tips:
    First, below level 50, your gear will go through 3 ranks:

Rank 1 'Mission Equipment"- says Req Level 1-55 on the gear (bold = the minimum level you must be to equip it)
    Rank 2 'Radiant Explorer's Equipment' - Req Level 28-55
    Rank 3 'Brilliant Explorer's Equipment' - Req Level 50-55
    After the 3rd awakening at Level 50, it becomes normal Hiram gear.
    Thanks. This was very informative. It's unfortunate that the tooltips did not mention that awakening the gear raised the minimum level to equip so should not be done before levels 28 or 50.

I found that at least before level 28 I often found some gear with much better stats than the upgraded Mission Equipment gear. I just used the better gear and stored the Mission Equipment gear in my bag or warehouse. I didn't lose the bonuses if it was the same type (cloth, leather or plate) as the rest.

I'd have to say the very complicated upgrade system for starter gear was a big turnoff, especially just a 25% chance of getting the desired stats on the gear. If I was a video game designer and wanted to hold on to new players, I'd put checkboxes next to the 4 main stats and allow the player to pick the stat they wanted so they weren't at the mercy of what the game calls "RNGesus."

Small correction:

Quote Originally Posted by sblmnl View Post
    Rank 3 'Brilliant Explorer's Equipment' - Req Level 40-55

Quote Originally Posted by Zornar View Post
    It's unfortunate that the tooltips did not mention that awakening the gear raised the minimum level to equip
    You can see that in the awakening window but I guess no one really notices it. Maybe a popup would help.
    A child of song, a child of rage
    Abandoned in another age
    Now ancient hate and rhymes that bind
    Make paradise a tomb divine
    And demons trapped in beauty’s thrall
    Hunt those who heed the bloodsong’s call.

Quote Originally Posted by Turambaredolas View Post

You can see that in the awakening window but I guess no one really notices it. Maybe a popup would help.

It would be clearer if it was added to the tooltip for each piece of gear, where it says "When the equipment reaches grade Arcane, it can be awakened to the next tier" [Req Level 28-55] "by using an Equipment Awakening Scroll Rank 1."

Quote Originally Posted by Zornar View Post
    It would be clearer if it was added to the tooltip for each piece of gear, where it says "When the equipment reaches grade Arcane, it can be awakened to the next tier" [Req Level 28-55] "by using an Equipment Awakening Scroll Rank 1."
    You'd be surprised by the amount of people I heard complaining about things that were clearly stated in the tooltips. A lot of players (especially those who run into issues) don't bother reading anything at all. So I am not sure if adjusting the tooltip is much help.
    A child of song, a child of rage
    Abandoned in another age
    Now ancient hate and rhymes that bind
    Make paradise a tomb divine
    And demons trapped in beauty’s thrall
    Hunt those who heed the bloodsong’s call.

+ Reply to Thread