+ Reply to Thread

Thread: returning player after many years need help!

returning player after many years need help!

hello guys, i played AA long time ago in its first year or so..
    i returned now to AA unchain and i would like to get some help and info about what changed in balance and if there are changes coming really soon so i can plan a build to start! thank you!
    also i will love advices on whats good right now and what not .
    benefits of armor types if changed and skill trees ! thanks alot and i appreciate the help !

does defense tree even worth anything anymore for Sorcery that want survive? it seems like Defense tree lost all of its survive bonuses against physical/melee ?
    and the shield skill that increase the shield % block seems only decent for melee classes ..
    is def tree really helpful for mage survive now?

Many mages use a shield offhand for the +mdef or +pdef 'on equip' bonus, but I dont see that many take defense now (disclaimer: I don't play tank mage). You can see all current skills & passives here https://archeage.mokulu.io/skills

There is no super OP faceroll build that I know of (if that's what you are looking for) that will make you invulnerable to all types of damage. You will always need to trade off some damage for survivability. Also, expect to be one-shot regardless of your gear/build, while you are gearing up.

Generally we only have info from Korean patch notes, which are available here https://archeage.xlgames.com/mboards/amigo/ to tell about future changes, but there's no guarantee other regions (NA/EU) publish exactly the same thing in the same order.

The main limitation you will have in combat is your gear type and level, not your skill set (which is very easy to change) so in my opinion, it doesn't make sense to stress too much about future-proofing a build. Just find something that suits how you like to play.

Quote Originally Posted by sblmnl View Post
    Many mages use a shield offhand for the +mdef or +pdef 'on equip' bonus, but not many take defense. You can see all current skills & passives here https://archeage.mokulu.io/skills

There is no super OP faceroll build that I know of (if that's what you are looking for), and every gear type is vulnerable to certain types of damage.

Generally we only have info from Korean patch notes, which are available here https://archeage.xlgames.com/mboards/amigo/ to tell about future changes, but there's no guarantee other regions (NA/EU) publish exactly the same thing in the same order.

The main limitation you will have in combat is your gear type and level, not your skill set (which is very easy to change) so in my opinion, it doesn't make sense to stress too much about future-proofing a build. Just find something that suits how you like to play.
    wow, thank you this tool is very very useful thanks! i do have just couple more questions if i may.. since i dont know much about Ancestral system it how does it work? is it possible for me to take lets say 1 skill there from defense tree and 1 from another tree? or do i have to chose only from 1 tree? thank you, also. am i missing something or defense skill tree got over nerfed? and is now doesnt really offer anything that is really good or making you really tanky? also are mages still worth anything if built not full glass cannon or if i want a class that can also have moderate sustain i should go melee ? thanks for the help much appreciated !

Using defense/shield is pointless since they add completely ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ skill that disable yours shield for few sec.Same with lib gear passive that have chance to ignore yours def completely and 1 shot everything.

+ Reply to Thread