+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Event token bug and suggestion

Event token possible bug and suggestion

So.. on legacy, some tokens from past events don't appear in the Folio and/or MI Festival machine. It is not clear if this is a bug, but other players noticed it after the last patch.

My guess is this happened because XL delivers code mostly designed for Unchained, and no one at Gamigo noticed it broke something on the legacy servers. It's pretty clear Gamigo and XL struggle with maintaining two versions even of the cash shop.

Rather than just reinstating the old tokens in the Folio and Festival machine, my suggestion is to simplify the way event tokens work, reversing XL's recent trend to add a year to their name which frankly, seems pointless and annoying.

Suggested fix:

1. In both legacy and Unchained servers, convert (or allow players to convert) existing stored tokens/coins to a new common token type. I suggest a 1:1 exchange ratio from old to new, to keep it simple.
    2. New events should use the common token type.
    3. Allow the new tokens to be used to claim any old event rewards.
    4. Update the Folio and Festival machine with all event rewards to make it easier to review options.
    5. Also consider combining the various token-based claiming machines in MI. It is not at all clear to new players why some things are in some places, combining them in a single machine (or the robot) would be better.

Benefits:
    • Reduces overhead of maintaining separate token types for both games.
    • Reduces server overhead from hoarded tokens.
    • Allows players to combine tokens from different events to claim rewards. Yes, this may allow players to claim higher rewards than they could have before - but as they still earned all the tokens fairly, I see this as a benefit rather than a problem.
    • Simplifies the reinstatement of past event rewards to the Folio (a QOL improvement).

I check with my old token, and nothing,change in workbench isle mirage Taris EU

Which token are broken ?

Thanks for the reply.

I have edited the post as I am not able to test comprehensively (don't have all the past coins), but going by what others [legacy/Kadum] have said, for example:
    • Past Lantern Festival coins (without the year in the name) appear in the Folio but only Lantern Festival Coin 2020 can be exchanged.
    • Jake coins don't show up in the Folio, but are in the machine.

There may be others.

What do you think of my idea? If implemented the way I suggested, you would get simpler and easier access to the rewards. It would also save a lot of space...:-)

It would be very awesome if tokens were merged into one beast, instead of having several taking up space in your bag or warehouse.

Quote Originally Posted by Guizmo View Post
    I check with my old token, and nothing,change in workbench isle mirage Taris EU

Which token are broken ?
    Another one broken in legacy:
    Daru Festival 2018 tokens dont appear in Folio or festival machine anymore, though many other past event tokens do.

Quote Originally Posted by Not Squirrel View Post
    It would be very awesome if tokens were merged into one beast, instead of having several taking up space in your bag or warehouse.
    Seems like they are moving in this direction for SOME past 'seasonal' tokens (old River Festival or Enya Festival tokens are an example) which can now be converted to Festival Coins.

I have not been able to find any patch note info about Festival Coins so it's unclear which past events this is supposed to apply to.

However it's yet another example of a mismatch between rewards that appear in the Folio redeemable for Festival Coins, and what's actually in the festival machine, try searching for 'vase' rewards for example.

+ Reply to Thread