+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Crippling Game Design; Archeage, the Single Player MMO

Quote Originally Posted by Drughi21 View Post
    I dont know why the game designers would allow such hugh power gap between the hardcore and the casual gamers, getting new players and retention of existing gamers become so much harder. The game has much going for it, but also many reasons for people not to play.
    I avoided trying Archeage for a couple years because it was billed as a World PVP game. The crafting, housing and PVE aspects always sounded fun but seemed like a mismatch with the forced World PVP against uber geared players.

I'm trying the game now, and the World PVP has not been the problem yet but I'm only level 40. As a new user, I find the game unnecessarily complicated and not well explained. The heavily RNG gear upgrade system thrust on beginning players is a big turnoff. I unmasked my gear at level 28 and only got 1 piece of gear with the desired stats. Not fun to waste time, effort and cash redoing the gear upgrades over and over to get the right stats. I'd much rather get leveling gear from quests and worry about upgrading end game gear when I get to max level.

I usually get at least get one character to max level when I try a new MMORPG before I decide if I want to continue. With Archeage, I'm not sure I will be able to. I want to like the game but it's overly complicated and filled with tedium, such as leveling every mount and combat pet. World of Warcraft gave up on combat pet leveling years ago.

As a new player i have to agree with most of the OP points and i will also add some of my experiences so far.

First of all the community isn't helpful, many questions on the nation chat are straight up ignored.

Secondly you hit a road block at lvl 45-46 and unless you have friends to power level you in aegis you are solely depended on getting 10k exp potions from the arena shop and doing the 2 dailies in the aurora stating area.

Third changing item tiers every 10 lvl isn't good enough after lvl 40, you need to bridge the 40-50 grind with a 45 lvl requirement gear to help people get to hirams.

Last note, the other day i was spamming the trade chat to buy aegis power leveling and after an hour i got like 1 offer for an extraordinary amount that i couldn't have at lvl 45.

Quote Originally Posted by lordish View Post
    As a new player i have to agree with most of the OP points and i will also add some of my experiences so far.

First of all the community isn't helpful, many questions on the nation chat are straight up ignored.

Secondly you hit a road block at lvl 45-46 and unless you have friends to power level you in aegis you are solely depended on getting 10k exp potions from the arena shop and doing the 2 dailies in the aurora stating area.

Third changing item tiers every 10 lvl isn't good enough after lvl 40, you need to bridge the 40-50 grind with a 45 lvl requirement gear to help people get to hirams.

Last note, the other day i was spamming the trade chat to buy aegis power leveling and after an hour i got like 1 offer for an extraordinary amount that i couldn't have at lvl 45.
    You don't need "friends" in lvl 45. You can solo farm weaker mobs in Aegis: just you and your battle pet. Its 1-2 (o 3-4) hours to reach lvl 50 or 55. Lvl 30-45 is slower, but that is not a big problem. Just use quest infusions and awakening scrolls and upgrade your gear to your lvl requirement and max quality! If you lost your infusions/scrolls you can buy infusions and quest awakening scrolls in general merchant. (1-2 silvers or some coppers)
    OR you can spend your labor and you will reach any character level in some days or weeks. My alts are in ancestral 20-25. They are not PvE farmers.

If you need some information check internet!: forums, youtube. Chat is not your support channel. Most of player PLAY the game and they are not in read-write mode. Asking simple "google 1st hit" questions is not good behavior. Join guild, use voice chat/discord/teamspeak! Our fingers are busy in game, but we can talk while we PK low GS innocents.

Thanks for the tips but i have done most of the things you said, also i ask question when i fail to find the answer to the above media. As for clan i am actively looking for one.

I had joined a guild and some new players were asking questions or do dungeons or dailies etc together with guild and what guess what the guild leader and their followers said to them? "Noone needs to help to do these dailies and dungeons with you, stop asking and complaining at current state of the game. So, don't disturb the peace of guild with these questions and requests everyday". After that, new players or returners with no gears are abandoned the game that noone helps each other. Apart from that everyone buys gold to gear up, so almost zero interaction between players in AAU... If you have friends then you can do sth but you cannot rely on even the guild members at this game's current state anymore, like in legacy that AAU became a dead game for minimum x3 servers for sure. After fresh server then it will be ghost town... How many years passed and always the same problems... Thy only milk players at AA EU, nothing more.

Some players are saying that lets go fresh start but to do everything from zero is not an option really. Instead of fresh server, just merge the dead x3 servers with other 2.
    Among the guilds a time where
    the Elven-kings under the sky,
    where Dwarf-lords in their halls of stone,
    where Mortal Men doomed to die,
    the Ferre in the wilds and Warborn
    lived in harmony In the Land of Nui but,
    The One Guild was only for
    the Dark Lord on his dark throne
    In the Land of Nui where the Shadows lie.
    One Guild to rule them all,
    One Guild to find them,
    One Guild to bring them all and in the darkness bind them in the Land of Nui where the Shadows lie.

All in all ... I am hoping that the game evolves - but manages to keep true to what we love about it >> which is the open world... everything... and the ability to help who we can, as we can - regardless of our levels. Oh and yes, the ability to swim and fish and boat and ... so many selections.
    Ode - Jergant Server | Public Apothecary Manor in Solzreed with all of the proficiency items for Alchemy and Cooking.
    Location: Solzreed > on the cliff above the Bungalow icon on the map.

I particularly like the idea of infusions being available from helping mentor lower level players and from other sources, like dungeons.

I'd like to see a massive loot overhaul so that it's more cooperative in nature rather than Cannibalistic THERECANBEONLYONE loot drops.
    Anyone who hits get a chance at RNG, Loot rewards scale to player level, tagalong alts and AFKs who do no damage/heals get nothing. Ideally I'd like to see players downscaled according to zone to keep player levels more balanced, like in GW2.
    Underlevelled players who are actively participating could get bonuses, raids get buffs if they have underlevelled players among them and bonus perks for keeping them alive. New players would be sought after and actively included!

I am sorry that I can't really go through all the posts before me, but I think this is the place to add a suggestion of which I think it would drastically decrease to solo in this game. However, I haven't really come up with a way to counteract the possibility to abuse my suggested change.

As we have always seen and especially with the addition of the vote kick system:
    Players don't like to share their loot.
    And that is absolutely fine.
    Why should the game force you to share your loot because that would mean you have to sacrifice your own reward for the sake of a random, often newer player.

My suggestion would be: Make certain drop items drop for everyone in the group/raid.
    Actually this wouldn't be a first. It has already been done with abyssal shards and crystals in dungeons. Unfortunately this change came too late because the need for those items was reduced to a minimum.

Advantages of this change:
    • You don't have to sacrifice your rewards when helping new players.
    • If you have an empty group/raid slot you can add randoms without the fear of losing your rewards.

Disadvantages of this change:
    • Will be abused by alts if applied without finding a way to counter it. (e.g. Sunglow Lunagem drops from greater dungeons)

I am not sure yet if it is a good idea, but I just thought about removing the XP reduction based on the amount of players in your group/raid. Is there really a point to having it (anymore)?

What I mean in general:
    We need to have a look at what makes players solo right now and check if we can change the system in a way that allows, but does not enforce, group activity.
    And what I found so far (in terms of drops) is:
    • A lot of bound mats (when we had obsidian gear)
    • Infusions and awakening scrolls (now with hiram)
    • Experience points
    • Valuable items (e.g. Sunglow Lunagem in Greater Dungeons)
    A child of song, a child of rage
    Abandoned in another age
    Now ancient hate and rhymes that bind
    Make paradise a tomb divine
    And demons trapped in beauty’s thrall
    Hunt those who heed the bloodsong’s call.

Hi Bastrii.

I am new gamer in this game, played World of Warcraft/WOW 13 years in total.
    I can quickly give you the recipe for a better ArcheAge, without making the big changes ingame.

(1). DELETE labor points.
    Why: It kills the game and certainly does not make it better, It should be a fun game for all people, young, old, girl or boy everyone.
    Just by deleting this labor points. it will already be much more popular for everyone.

(2). Make it much easier / smarter to make:
    Gear, Boats, Houses, Glides, Farmhouse and much more.
    OBS: I'm not saying you should make it worse, again easier / smarter.
    Why: It should be a fun game for all people, young, old, girl or boy everyone and everyone should be able to figure it out.

(3). Open world pvp/land and Raid is the best.
    Why: Makes sure that every player, not only in PVP and but also in PVE gets the opportunity for good gear in the open world, which you can do by saying if you win in pvp, then you win some gifts in this gift you get Gear / Item Grade: Celestial - Divine - Epic - Legendary.
    If you want Myth and Eternal then you have to Crafting it. long long way to go.
    not all people like to build things / Crafting things.
    If you do it that way, then every player will and should help each other and it also makes the game more social, just like in instance / raid.
    !!! Again, It should be a fun game for all people, young, old, girl or boy everyone and everyone should be able to figure it out.

(4) Understanding Crafting!
    Why: Where can i get this item from ? where to go `? Help. Easy and faster.
    Again, It should be a fun game for all people, young, old, girl or boy everyone and everyone should be able to figure it out.

1234 - ABCD.
    I apologize many times for the bad English.

Best Regards
    MadHank.

Quote Originally Posted by MadHank View Post
    without making the big changes ingame.

DELETE labor points.
    That would be one of the biggest changes you can make in this game. The game would need to be adjusted on so many levels and it would have huge impacts on how it is played (and the changes will not only be good).
    A child of song, a child of rage
    Abandoned in another age
    Now ancient hate and rhymes that bind
    Make paradise a tomb divine
    And demons trapped in beauty’s thrall
    Hunt those who heed the bloodsong’s call.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast