+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Where does Trion stand on Religion in game?

Where does Trion stand on Religion in game?

I know this is most likely a joke

but it is still worth discussion, now first of all I'm not an atheist but I can't say I'm a big fan. I had an EX our relationship was really great and we even thought about our future, than some of her friends introduced her to their church. Lots of miracle healing and things that torn us apart.

I still feel very torn every time I see people talk about Christ

Edit: Forgot to add I feel strongly against it.

I'm a Buddhist by the way ha my parents say in my last life I was a monk, it's hard to explain but I'm Chinese and when my mother was with me they visited a Buddhist monastery long story. Basically this small monk came running out as my parents were leaving he gave my parents a charm and said "master will be needing this"

This why I can never stand that Christianity ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥, when reading the bibles you folks should watch your eyes from being tainted.

Nothing they can do against it. If they aren't going to do anything about in game spams why would they do something about that. I know you feel strongly about it, but you shouldn't let it's presence bother you. the only time it should bother you is if they are craming it down your throat or using it to justify something that is just wrong or messed up (see Crusades for th e poster child of the latter).

Are you seriously asking about their views on religion, in a MMO where basically a fake religious war is going on? (I.E. Duhata vs. Nui) And that 12 explorers went off and some how became "Gods" and others "Mythical Heroes"? Really?

AHAHA! The CCC! That's hilarious! It's called Role Playing. If you're offended by it then I'm sorry, but that's just how RP is. You should have played Age of Conan or Champions Online back in the day. One guy got a 3 day ban on CO first day of launch because he 'accidentally' said some nasty ERP in global that involved a "Gooey Load". I still laugh thinking about that one.

If you know the lore in ArcheAge a lot of Humans are Racist towards the Ferrin, so a guild like this would fit from an RP perspective, BUT with the word "Christian" in the guild name it wouldn't work if Christianity doesn't exist in the ArcheAge universe.

A. RULES RELATED TO USERNAMES AND GUILD DESIGNATIONS

Each user will either select a character name or allow the Service to automatically select a character name at random. Additionally, users may form groups such as “guilds,” “factions,” or “clans” and such groups will be required to choose a name for the group. When you choose a character name, create a group, or otherwise create a label that can be seen by other players using the Game or the Service, you must abide by the following guidelines as well as the rules of common decency. If Trion finds such a label to be offensive or improper, it may, in its sole and absolute discretion, change the name, remove the label, and/or suspend or terminate your use of the Game and/or Service. In particular, you may not use any name:
    Belonging to another person with the intent to impersonate that person, including without limitation a “Game Master” or any other employee or agent of Trion;
    That incorporates vulgar language or which are otherwise offensive, defamatory, obscene, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;
    Subject to the rights of any other person or entity without written authorization from that person or entity;
    That belongs to a popular culture figure, celebrity, or media personality;
    That is, contains, or is substantially similar to a trademark or service mark, whether registered or not;
    Belonging to any religious figure or deity;
    Taken from Trion’s Game(s);
    Related to drugs, sex, alcohol, or criminal activity;
    Comprised of partial or complete sentence (e.g., “Getpwned”, “Luvtodance”, etc);
    Comprised of gibberish (e.g., “Qwerty”, “Asdfasdf”, “Xyzpdq”);
    Referring to pop culture icons or personas (e.g. “McLovin”, “Kyle Broflovski”, “Catwoman”);
    That utilizes “Leet” or “Dudespeak” (e.g., “Roflmao”, “Roxxurboxx”, “Lolzumad”); or
    That incorporates titles. For purposes of this subsection, “titles” shall include without limitation ‘rank’ titles (e.g., “General Chow,” or “Captain Kangaroo”), monarchist or fantasy titles (e.g., “KingLoko”, “LordPauleyC”), and religious titles (e.g., “ThePope,” or “Reverend Run”).
    http://www.trionworlds.com/en/legal/terms-of-use/

Closest I can find.
    i5 4670k (OC to 4.6Ghz) | 32Gb RAM | 4Gb Sapphire R9 290 Tri-x OC | 1000W EVGA Supanova G2 modular PSU | Asus ROG Maximus VI Hero mobo | 240 Gb SSD | 5Tb SATA | NZXT Phantom 630 case

hmmm, I'd say they aren't doing anything wrong, since running an in-game guild, that's all anti an in-game race isn't exactly "racist" (for instance, it could just be a running gag/inside joke, and they actually have a HUGE Firran following)

Now, the fact that they are specifically calling themselves "Conservative Christians" in order to imply legitimacy to it, THAT could be considered a problem.

You shouldn't use people actual real beliefs like that. (and this is coming from a Chaote, so I don';t have a particular inclination towards any one belief system.)
    PHILANTHROPY
    "Destroy all opposition!"
    "...psst, you're doing it wrong."

Well, I'm not sure if 'it' is policed in game at all, but their are rules against talking about 'it' on the forum. If someone wants to be an evangelist, or make fun of your beliefs ignore the arsehat and move on with life, giving them attention is only going to encourage them. We play AA to get away from fundamentalists and RL issues after all right? Me, I would like everyone to check their prejudice and beliefs at the login screen and just enjoy playing the game (which has its own religions sought of). That seems more racist/imperialist than religious anyhow.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightscream452 View Post
    Are you seriously asking about their views on religion, in a MMO where basically a fake religious war is going on? (I.E. Duhata vs. Nui) And that 12 explorers went off and some how became "Gods" and others "Mythical Heroes"? Really?
    While the story of Archeage is fictitious, conservative Christian aren't and when they start talking like as seen above, there should be consequences. The internet is not a lawless environment and once Trion gets around the launch problems I bet they want to keep bigots at bay for the sake of a friendly and healthy community.

I've players named Allah and Satan in chat.
    BritishEnglish - Elf - West - Dahuta

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast