+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Click here to go to the first Archeage Team post in this thread.   Thread: New DLC incoming!

It's just stupid.

ROUND 1: ArcheAge dies with Trion, Trion launches Prophecy. The game dies again because Trion does not listen to the players and does not look at the problems of the game, Ezi arrives. Result Trion disappears.

ROUND 2: Gamigo arrives at beautiful words and in the wind, ArcheAge always dies, and here is AAU the new blabla from Gamigo. AAU works but very badly, so GAMIGO restarts AAU with the new update. The result will be the same.

Neither of these two companies listens to the players, they do not react, they do not correct, they do not exist ...

The Managing and monitoring this game is a disaster. ArcheAge shouldn't look like that today !

it sucks for the next update. a debacle.

Question:

My Spectre main is early tier 4 (I have mostly epic gear with a legendary weapon and chest). With my current gear can I expect to accomplish ANYTHING inside the garden? (I would probably be soloing most of the time).

If I need mostly Eternal gear, I dont see much reason to buy the Garden DLC. They will probably offer some kind of a combo deal in the future, and this would allow me to wait and see if my server remains populated.

On the other hand, if a could advance in the Garden with my current gear, I don't want to miss the opportunity. Does anyone have any insight into this?

BTW, as a matter of feedback, let me point out to any devs who may be reading, that I am probably not the only one having to make these kind of choices now.

@Jonn: I can't say for sure, because I haven't seen a source for that yet, but I have read and heard people talking about a minimum GS of 14k.
    As for being able to do something:
    Your rewards are based on the amount of points you get.
    You get points for killing other players (during war), killing mobs (more points during war than during peace), for the amount of time you spend in there, for gathering flowers and stuff, and for fishing. There are also raid activities and stuff which increase your points. However you will also lose points when dying so I'd say it depends your gear+skill compared to other players.
    So even if you were too weak to actually fight the mobs (which I doubt) you'd still get points for different activities.

On a side note:
    The synthesis effects of hiram T3 at 100% are the same as T4 mythic at 0%. That means that epic and legendary T4 are only better in def and dps but worse in synthesis effects.
    A child of song, a child of rage
    Abandoned in another age
    Now ancient hate and rhymes that bind
    Make paradise a tomb divine
    And demons trapped in beauty’s thrall
    Hunt those who heed the bloodsong’s call.

Thanks. I did look over the Garden Update as translated here.

According to that link, you need 2500 pts to qualify for the lowest tier rewards. Fishing rewards 10 pts, harvesting vegetation is 30 pts, and killing a monster during peace time is 115 pts, so it would require 250 fish, 84 plants, or killing 22 monsters for a single daily quest. The rewards would be Garden Hiram Infusions which can be used to on Glorious (T4) or higher Hiram gear and should theoretically allow me to upgrade my gear much faster.

The question would then be, would the monsters themselves and competition from other players make this painfully slow for a lower GS player, or would it still be much faster then the current content? I know only people who have played on the Korean servers can tell us, but hopefully someone here knows the answer.

EDIT: I also see you get 30 pts for every minute spent there, so 60 minutes of peace time would net you 1800 pts. Hmmm not bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Turambaredolas View Post
    On a side note:
    The synthesis effects of hiram T3 at 100% are the same as T4 mythic at 0%. That means that epic and legendary T4 are only better in def and dps but worse in synthesis effects.
    Concerning this, I would imagine then that upgrading four pieces of armor to Legendary would be worth it for the Legendary cloth armor buff, and my Scepter and Shield function better as Legendary for the DPS and melee defense. All others would be best left at T3 Epic (100%) until I am ready for a push to Mythic.

Quote Originally Posted by reddevil View Post
    Obvious its a panic reaction from them because they dont get enough money from it. Ok they had problems at start but as many players who know this game predicted that AAU's business model wouldnt work for them. AAU model always felt like a rushed not well thought through idea that only looked at the short term business and not for the long run.

It feels more like the players have to pay now for their own mistakes despite they said/promised only 8 months ago at release dlc payment wouldnt happen. If they gonna ask money for an update they need to improve their services, communication etc too else ppl wont tolerate it. This game isnt big and strong enough to do this.

Indeed it sounds funny paying for dlc's in Archeage. ArcheAge doesnt have updates to call it a DLC like in some other games. Secondly "bigger" updates are mostly gear progression updates on a new map. With this they put gear progression behind a paywall in a game thats focussed on gear progression. This sounds like a big no no and feels more p2w then the original version AA (now with the hiram gear and other changes they made ). At least there you can play the game for free because most things are available for gold if you're willing to put some effort and time in it. AAU isnt free of goldsellers and alts either.

Also new servers?!? (one per region) For which you need to buy the gold dlc to get access to?!
    the original servers are already having a hard time and you are selling new servers.
    I can understand all of it from your business point of view but as costumer im speechless and all of it feels like a short term money grab from a game with no future.
    I agree with all of your points, it seems they are trying to get more ways of earning money..kind of like what TRION did with the PTS, viva made it Patron-only access, otherwise the PTS servers would of been shut down for good which would of been a really bad thing with AA but that was Trion trying to save money. As I said in my top post..I really hate this..first they didn't make it clear that this was a DLC with their very first post. They made it sound like a big major update like always. Then a week goes by and their basically like "oh btw you need to buy a pack in order to have a new area unlocked + more gear."

It's a slap to the face of players, new and old..like with AAU, the cheapest pack was $25 to access the game, pretty fine really, but now there's gonna be DLC's? That are going to not only cost more then the game..but also as I said, have a door opened for future updates to be slotted into the "DLC" selection instead of the main game? To me that's a huge no no for AAU..and frankly as many have said..it's p2w the complete opposite of what players wanted for AAU. Gamigo is just digging their own graves at this point. >.>
    "Ah were can I begin this tale? The 5 old empires..those of the Forsaken now slumbers in the dark of Calmlands, Valliant Knights of Vanguard wanders upon the winds to new lands after the siege in Marcala...the Warriors of Chaos lays slumbering in Heedmar after the black inky Abyss, The Crest of many who once ruled Nuimari, to those who roam with the Yata's Kingdoms in Sungold, all may be not what they used to be, but those fragments of knights still shape Auroria today." -Lucious

I just have a question , do you guys would agree to work without getting paid ?

if so , tell me , I will be happy to build up a bizness with you

peveay: you sell your car than you want more money after 8 months.

This is not working free. This is you have a contract but you break this contract because you want more money and you know your partner can't defend itself because he/she is small as person and you are big as company.

The problem is not the price. The problem is you (Gamigo) sign that contract with that static contents than you want to change detailes, you change core components without consequences.

See how long this lasts

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4