+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 40

  Click here to go to the first Archeage Team post in this thread.   Thread: New DLC incoming!

  1. #21
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    12
    Turambaredolas you say I am missing the point, but I feel it is the other way around. To be fair I used your argument to help you prove a third character could generate additional resources, but you havnt addressed my original point (which started this entire discussion) - the point being a second or third account would generate FAR more income, and many players have been doing this since launch, while the rest of us are trying to play catch up. If Archepass generates a lot of resources, then multiply that times 6 characters acrosss 3 accounts (which is 2 more then I currently have) and you can see an extra character slot isnt nearly as big a deal as buying multiple accounts. Yes, a third slot on every account would generate even more, but no matter how you slice it, PAYING for extra accounts equals a big WIN.

    Regardless, I want a third character for convenience. I dont have the time or energy for another account, so I personally hope they let us have an extra character instead. I will roll with whatever they decide though.

  2. #22
    Senior Member Turambaredolas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Taris (Nuia) | Alexander (Haranya)
    Posts
    2,011
    So instead of your 2 characters against other players' 6 characters, it would be your 3 characters against other players' 9 characters (talking about the legal amount of characters).

    My point has been and stays the same: A character slot scroll behind a paywall (be it for credits or in a pack on the website) is p2w.
    The only reason they are considering character slot scrolls is to make sure players with 2 characters on the older unchained servers can access the fresh start without having to delete their old characters and not as a bonus or convenience for those who stay on the older servers.

    If you had asked for a character slot scroll for a vast amount of bound ingame currencies, we wouldn't have had that much of a discussion.
    A child of song, a child of rage
    Abandoned in another age
    Now ancient hate and rhymes that bind
    Make paradise a tomb divine
    And demons trapped in beauty’s thrall
    Hunt those who heed the bloodsong’s call.

  3. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    101
    Quote Originally Posted by iArches View Post
    No, the update is free for Free-to-Play servers.
    false it also pays for Legacy

  4. #24
    Senior Member Turambaredolas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Taris (Nuia) | Alexander (Haranya)
    Posts
    2,011
    Quote Originally Posted by Mimonk View Post
    false it also pays for Legacy
    Legacy only has it's usual silver/gold/archeum pack change with the new update. It is not necessary to buy them to get any part of the update.
    A child of song, a child of rage
    Abandoned in another age
    Now ancient hate and rhymes that bind
    Make paradise a tomb divine
    And demons trapped in beauty’s thrall
    Hunt those who heed the bloodsong’s call.

  5. #25
    Senior Member Wraithunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Enla..Nui..Kraken..Taris, PTS
    Posts
    512
    Quote Originally Posted by sobin View Post
    Legacy server merges?
    Legacy transfers?

    Are you going to continue to hold completed content to make your 'expansions' feel bigger?
    Has there been any thought to decouple Legacy from AAU, meaning provide different update schedules? Seems silly to lag behind 7 months because you guys wanted to make an 'expansion'
    It's almost like they forgot that merges killed ArcheAge in the past, and how RIFT's DLC a few years ago killed RIFT instantly....it makes me laugh since AAU is suppose to be p2w free yet they are having a new update that basically let's you explore a new zone with new gear, yet if you want to do that you have to pay money for...I don't want to hear about "well it's cheap" it's p2w, the gear etc are behind a paywall like come on.

    Like when the game was coming out people really urged Gamigo to not have any P2w bs in the game, and now we have a "DLC' that basically makes it that if you want to progress then you have to pay for it..especially since you have to buy AAU, I find it a bit ridiculous that now you have to buy a DLC. I find it a bit much if you ask me.

    Frankly this seems like it just opens the door for any new content in the future to be behind a paywall. That is my fear with both AA and AAU. I quiet enjoy AAU and still enjoy AA, however I don't like the whole "DLC" type of the thing, frankly I feel it's kind of cheap for them to do this since you have to buy AAU to access it, now you have to buy a DLC if you want to continue progressing through the game.
    "Ah were can I begin this tale? The 5 old empires..those of the Forsaken now slumbers in the dark of Calmlands, Valliant Knights of Vanguard wanders upon the winds to new lands after the siege in Marcala...the Warriors of Chaos lays slumbering in Heedmar after the black inky Abyss, The Crest of many who once ruled Nuimari, to those who roam with the Yata's Kingdoms in Sungold, all may be not what they used to be, but those fragments of knights still shape Auroria today." -Lucious

  6. #26
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by Turambaredolas View Post
    My point has been and stays the same: A character slot scroll behind a paywall (be it for credits or in a pack on the website) is p2w.
    That is fine, but since you won't agree that buying multiple accounts is the same (only worse), I am going to have to assume you also play multiple accounts and dont wish to implicate yourself.

    I normally wouldn't come across so strong but you did accuse me of trying to put one over on people with my original bit of feedback, which is why I don't bother posting on these forums (I joined in 2014 and have 7 posts).

    Let me restate my original feedback without all the controversial portions: We NEED to know if there is an extra character slot BEFORE shelling out for the more expensive packs.

    I'm out.

  7. #27
    Senior Member Turambaredolas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Taris (Nuia) | Alexander (Haranya)
    Posts
    2,011
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonn View Post
    you won't agree that buying multiple accounts is the same (only worse)
    I am sorry and confused. I thought that multiple accounts being a form of p2w is a fact. I just didn't feel the need to agree on a fact.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jonn View Post
    I normally wouldn't come across so strong but you did accuse me of trying to put one over on people with my original bit of feedback
    I guess you are referring to "I hope you simply didn't consider those benefits and didn't try to trick people into agree with you by leaving them out." ?

    The way you worded your feedback left me with 2 interpretations:
    (1) You don't know about the negative consequences of your suggestion.
    (2) You know, but don't care about the negative consequences of your suggestion.

    The 1st one seemed more likely to me than the other but I added that last sentence in case you actually meant your feedback in the 2nd way.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonn View Post
    which is why I don't bother posting on these forums (I joined in 2014 and have 7 posts).
    You should really try it out. There is so much to learn about the game by interacting with the other players here. About their problems and you can either help solve them or you know the issue before you encounter it yourself and know how to avoid them, etc.
    A child of song, a child of rage
    Abandoned in another age
    Now ancient hate and rhymes that bind
    Make paradise a tomb divine
    And demons trapped in beauty’s thrall
    Hunt those who heed the bloodsong’s call.

  8. #28
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by iArches View Post
    No, the update is free for Free-to-Play servers.
    give specific information about the new server, I can’t decide what to do, I want to play on the new server, but I have an old account in AAU which I may return if I don’t like the new server and remove the slots I don’t want there, will your guard be anti-cheat , prevent my new accounts purchased for a new server if I have
    old accounts

  9. #29
    GAMIGO charges the update for AAU. It's funny. Because they are bad at their work and in listening and reacting to problems, result the players leave the game and Gamigo does not earn any more money. Well done. Looks like TRION. You are the same. BAD !!

    Stop looking at your feet and listen to the players' need.

  10. #30
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    476
    Quote Originally Posted by Adventura View Post
    GAMIGO charges the update for AAU. It's funny. Because they are bad at their work and in listening and reacting to problems, result the players leave the game and Gamigo does not earn any more money. Well done. Looks like TRION. You are the same. BAD !!

    Stop looking at your feet and listen to the players' need.
    Obvious its a panic reaction from them because they dont get enough money from it. Ok they had problems at start but as many players who know this game predicted that AAU's business model wouldnt work for them. AAU model always felt like a rushed not well thought through idea that only looked at the short term business and not for the long run.

    It feels more like the players have to pay now for their own mistakes despite they said/promised only 8 months ago at release dlc payment wouldnt happen. If they gonna ask money for an update they need to improve their services, communication etc too else ppl wont tolerate it. This game isnt big and strong enough to do this.

    Indeed it sounds funny paying for dlc's in Archeage. ArcheAge doesnt have updates to call it a DLC like in some other games. Secondly "bigger" updates are mostly gear progression updates on a new map. With this they put gear progression behind a paywall in a game thats focussed on gear progression. This sounds like a big no no and feels more p2w then the original version AA (now with the hiram gear and other changes they made ). At least there you can play the game for free because most things are available for gold if you're willing to put some effort and time in it. AAU isnt free of goldsellers and alts either.

    Also new servers?!? (one per region) For which you need to buy the gold dlc to get access to?!
    the original servers are already having a hard time and you are selling new servers.
    I can understand all of it from your business point of view but as costumer im speechless and all of it feels like a short term money grab from a game with no future.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts