+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 28

  Click here to go to the first Archeage Team post in this thread.   Thread: New DLC incoming!

  1. #11
    Senior Member Turambaredolas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Taris (Nuia) | Alexander (Haranya)
    Posts
    1,893
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonn View Post
    2) I would like to know if any additional character slots can be applied to my current server of choice rather then being used on fresh start. From your perspective, this would be an additional character I need to outfit and would therefore bring in additional revenue. From a labor point of view, the diminishing returns would be steep, so it shouldnt make much of an impact (I already earn 5 labor recharges a day through Archepass and the Golden Plains Battle quests.), so any additional potions would have reduced effect any way (far less effect then buying another account).

    3) Would the option to purchase additional character slots be tied to the fresh start in any way? For example, presuming I could create a third character on my existing server, would this be tied to the Fresh start access offered in the more expensive packs?
    Character slot scrolls (if added to this pack) better be tied to the fresh start server.
    You make it sound like it isn't really that big of a deal but having access to 1 more character gives you access to another round of dailies and other Archepass rewards. Compared to someone who doesn't buy this pack and only has 2 characters, you get a potential increase of 50% in ressources from dailies.

    This includes:
    From the current passes as an example
    gilda stars
    honor points
    diligence coins
    kyrios badges
    labor rechargers
    gold (from fortune packs)

    From dailies
    gilda stars
    honor points
    kyrios badges
    vocation badges
    onyx archeum essence

    As well as drops if you gear your alts up to run dungeons etc
    superior glow lunarite
    clear synthium shard

    I hope you simply didn't consider those benefits and didn't try to trick people into agree with you by leaving them out.
    A child of song, a child of rage
    Abandoned in another age
    Now ancient hate and rhymes that bind
    Make paradise a tomb divine
    And demons trapped in beauty’s thrall
    Hunt those who heed the bloodsong’s call.

  2. #12
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    8
    Here is what I stated: "so any additional potions would have reduced effect any way (far less effect then buying another account)".

    I started this game a couple months late and figured playing a single account was sufficient. By the time I finally got around to buying a second, I was WAY behind the rest of the pack. After finally buying that second account my production effectively doubled, and many players out there have had 3 accounts since launch, so I KNOW for a fact that multiple accounts offer FAR more and yes you PAY for them, so it is pay to win.

    I stand by what I said, earning 2 more labor potions a day (7 total) will net me far less then buying that third account, which I am currently allowed to do.

  3. #13
    Senior Member Turambaredolas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Taris (Nuia) | Alexander (Haranya)
    Posts
    1,893
    I don't say you are wrong when it comes to the impact of the labor rechargers.
    However, I wasn't talking about another account. All the possible benefits I listed are from having another character on the same account. And it seems you are underestimating the impact of your suggestion.
    A child of song, a child of rage
    Abandoned in another age
    Now ancient hate and rhymes that bind
    Make paradise a tomb divine
    And demons trapped in beauty’s thrall
    Hunt those who heed the bloodsong’s call.

  4. #14
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    8
    I have plenty of time on my hands these days, and I feel I am fairly efficient, but I cant begin to do all the the things you mentioned on the four characters I already have let alone 6-9 (2-3 accounts x 3 characters per account), so I believe time is the limiting factor here.

    I strongly suspect you would have to be a 24/7 botter to do all the stuff you mentioned across that many characters, and botters arnt going to abide by the 3 account rule any way. I could probably manage to burn all my labor, but not everything else you mentioned. Perhaps some of you can?

  5. #15
    Senior Member sobin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    3,183
    Quote Originally Posted by iArches View Post
    No, the update is free for Free-to-Play servers.
    Legacy server merges?
    Legacy transfers?

    Are you going to continue to hold completed content to make your 'expansions' feel bigger?
    Has there been any thought to decouple Legacy from AAU, meaning provide different update schedules? Seems silly to lag behind 7 months because you guys wanted to make an 'expansion'

  6. #16
    Senior Member Turambaredolas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Taris (Nuia) | Alexander (Haranya)
    Posts
    1,893
    Ok then let's talk only about rewards from archepasses. I take 2-3 hours/week to clear all 12 weekly archepass missions on 6 characters (3 accounts, 2 characters each) so it is more or less 20-30min/ character to get it all done for the week.

    Earnings from this season's 3 passes on 1 character:
    150 Gilda Stars
    72.000 Honor Points
    1.110 Diligence Coins
    140 Kyrios Badges
    93 Labor Recharger
    lots of other items
    A child of song, a child of rage
    Abandoned in another age
    Now ancient hate and rhymes that bind
    Make paradise a tomb divine
    And demons trapped in beauty’s thrall
    Hunt those who heed the bloodsong’s call.

  7. #17
    Senior Member Firenation's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    The Dark Tower ( Mordor )
    Posts
    903
    Quote Originally Posted by Turambaredolas View Post
    Ok then let's talk only about rewards from archepasses. I take 2-3 hours/week to clear all 12 weekly archepass missions on 6 characters (3 accounts, 2 characters each) so it is more or less 20-30min/ character to get it all done for the week.

    Earnings from this season's 3 passes on 1 character:
    150 Gilda Stars
    72.000 Honor Points
    1.110 Diligence Coins
    140 Kyrios Badges
    93 Labor Recharger
    lots of other items
    you say these people here x6 characters but how are you doing coinpurse quests or kill hostile players or burn labor or vocation quests for all x6 characters? lets say it is quite easy to do for x3 characters (while x2 alts without gear or any coin purses on it that you only uses these x2 alts for burning labor mainly...) then how do you do the same things for the remaining x3 characters?... labor is shared already; and I don't think you play the alts like your main character so how do you do all of these? Are you a no life player or jobless player or a rich person in real life with tons of free time or what? You talk like to play x6 characters to do archepass is easy... Noone has free time like you...

    As long as, if gamigo doesn't punish these gold buyer p2w players in AAU, the archepass quests you mention will not boost lots of gold to a player as you are claiming. What happens in AAU? The server in every EU servers that noone is doing nothing after daily quest raids and all end game looted by 1-2 dominating guilds still like in legacy, and all players reached to legacy gear score amount within the first 2-3 months already... So, now 8 months passed and no new player or casual players or less geared score players can reach to 12k-13k-14k-15k-16k and even 17k gear scores without buying gold to get everything eternal with best items like these TOP +200 players minimum in every server.

    AA's main problem is that there is no fair between players. One side is too p2w to buy gold or apexes; or one side is no life toxic players that thy gather all high gear scores to dominate a free farm the server. Rest of the players are doomed... That's why population is so low with zero open world events people want to join.

    Other problem of AA that we play the same content for years that nothing changed... Thy modify the existed mobs or contents a little then show us like it is something new and most of the new content only applies for those 1-2 dominating guild...

    Other problem is "castle sieges" that no life players who are in those 1-2 dominating guild get the erenor hero and then fill it with their guild members mainly and these heroes make the mining events at 2-3-4am morning time to earn gold as free farm...

    Servers are laggy, fps drops so hard, there are tons of bugs and there are tons of cheaters/hackers, or there are tons of toxic players that thy target the players and guilds to destroy them with false fabricated evidences with tons of negative propoganda and all kind of ♥♥♥♥s in reddit posts, in any discords, in game nation chat, whispers, mails, cross server arena chat to harness with smear campaign; and there is no GAMIGO GM to punish or monitor these players to ban them while you show them with real proofs... These ♥♥♥♥♥ toxic players are still allowed to play the game while doing all bad and negative things to other players to ruin their gameplay. Sad part is noone takes actions... As a results of these main problems, most of the players are leaving the game...

    Shortly, there are many problems in the game, you complain about one extra character ticket...
    Among the guilds a time where
    the Elven-kings under the sky,
    where Dwarf-lords in their halls of stone,
    where Mortal Men doomed to die,
    the Ferre in the wilds and Warborn
    lived in harmony In the Land of Nui but,
    The One Guild was only for
    the Dark Lord on his dark throne
    In the Land of Nui where the Shadows lie.
    One Guild to rule them all,
    One Guild to find them,
    One Guild to bring them all and in the darkness bind them in the Land of Nui where the Shadows lie.

  8. #18
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by Turambaredolas View Post
    Earnings from this season's 3 passes on 1 character:
    150 Gilda Stars
    72.000 Honor Points
    1.110 Diligence Coins
    140 Kyrios Badges
    93 Labor Recharger
    lots of other items
    I havnt done the math on this, so I will take your numbers. First, I dont see Diligence Coins and Kyrios Badges as helping my mains. Sure it is cool buying stuff for my new alt, but they dont make my main characters any stronger. In fact, all the time spent on my alt is time not spent building up my mains. Now the Honor, Gilda Stars, and Labor Rechargers are a fair point, since they can be traded or converted to gold. Let me run some numbers by you:

    I earn roughly 7k labor a day per account, which can be converted to roughly 500 gold (I know stuff like Ocean fishing bumps this higher, but I dont have enough time in a day to burn 14k labor on these pursuits, so I rely on quick stuff like coin purses and freshwater fishing). The two extra labor pots would net me an extra 1200 labor a day, which converts to 85 gold. The 72k honor is worth around 1500 gold every 3 months, or 17 gold a day. I havnt checked into gilda stars, so I will let you figure that out.

    A quick calculation would suggest an extra character could bump my account earnings by 105 gold a day, or roughly a 20% increase assuming I have time to burn through all that labor efficiently (I probably couldnt since I struggle to do so now). Does that seem unbalancing to you? Honestly, my biggest concern is simply having another alt for versatility, but if they decide that cant happen, then so be it.

  9. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Rangora
    Posts
    2,840
    Quote Originally Posted by Firenation View Post
    you say these people here x6 characters but how are you doing coinpurse quests or kill hostile players or burn labor or vocation quests for all x6 characters?
    Whole gilda quests are useless. (But you can use them. infusion quests are cheap. 17-20 silver/1 roll (and 20 labors) in quest gear. )

    You don't need this quests. You can roll 1 BSB (its good for honor too) or 500-1000 vocation quests (cargo) in your 2 hammer slot. But the default target is the labor spending quests. You can roll 12 labor spending quests in every weeks without any problems.

    Quote Originally Posted by Firenation View Post
    You talk like to play x6 characters to do archepass is easy...
    Because its easy as f*ck. You spend your labors = you grab trah insane OP ArchePass rewards.




    Quote Originally Posted by Firenation View Post
    What happens in AAU? The server in every EU servers that noone is doing nothing after daily quest raids and all end game looted by 1-2 dominating guilds still like in legacy, and all players reached to legacy gear score amount within the first 2-3 months already... So, now 8 months passed and no new player or casual players or less geared score players can reach to 12k-13k-14k-15k-16k and even 17k gear scores without buying gold to get everything eternal with best items like these TOP +200 players minimum in every server...
    Too many high reward mandatory daily quests.
    Hiram quests 30-60 minutes
    Honor quests 1 hour
    "optional" shared dungeons: 30-45 minutes + queue
    +optional halcyona
    +optional "solo" greater and normal dungeons: 30-180 minutes
    Cargo ship 15-20 minutes/CHARACTER (yes, you have 6 characters)
    Idk why players don'T do any other things. You finish your "mandatory" quests than you spend your labor and you run out your free time already. Static "have to do" things consumes insane time in 1 account too. But you have "optional" 3 accounts. Spending labor in farming/gathering/mining is 1 hours/account/day. how many time do you want to spend in game as average user? 16 hours? You have to chose your targets. You can chose safe high income or risky open world content vs that 15-17k objects.

    But we have many Wb runs, castle runs, JGM, rift-anthalon runs too. Active servers are not dead yet.

    Quote Originally Posted by Firenation View Post
    AA's main problem is that there is no fair between players. One side is too p2w to buy gold or apexes; or one side is no life toxic players that thy gather all high gear scores to dominate a free farm the server. Rest of the players are doomed... That's why population is so low with zero open world events people want to join.

    Other problem of AA that we play the same content for years that nothing changed... Thy modify the existed mobs or contents a little then show us like it is something new and most of the new content only applies for those 1-2 dominating guild...

    Other problem is "castle sieges" that no life players who are in those 1-2 dominating guild get the erenor hero and then fill it with their guild members mainly and these heroes make the mining events at 2-3-4am morning time to earn gold as free farm...

    Servers are laggy, fps drops so hard, there are tons of bugs and there are tons of cheaters/hackers, or there are tons of toxic players that thy target the players and guilds to destroy them with false fabricated evidences with tons of negative propoganda and all kind of ♥♥♥♥s in reddit posts, in any discords, in game nation chat, whispers, mails, cross server arena chat to harness with smear campaign; and there is no GAMIGO GM to punish or monitor these players to ban them while you show them with real proofs... These ♥♥♥♥♥ toxic players are still allowed to play the game while doing all bad and negative things to other players to ruin their gameplay. Sad part is noone takes actions... As a results of these main problems, most of the players are leaving the game...

    Shortly, there are many problems in the game, you complain about one extra character ticket...
    Main problems are:
    - p2w in legacy
    - account policy and resource share options in every version. GamigoTrino let us use many accounts, many characters and it doesn't control resource transfers. Players can use many accounts or they can buy money and labor points (yes, that crafting request workbench is part of the problem).
    -accelerated progression without reason. We got full "catch up" in AAU and too big quest rewards. Too many mandatory daily things. And no, this contents didn't help average or new players to be competitive
    -huge rewards without limitation + unbalanced gear progression: Catch up mechanism help veteran players to upgrade gear faster too. We need help in lower GS and 0 help in high GS. Slow down progression in higher tier items! Or just use diminishing returns! DON'T GIVE US MORE AND MORE EXTRA ADVANTAGES IN every gear level! Give us less and less extra stats!

    You can use all your high damage skills on higher GS players. It will finish opening that 10-20 coinpurses first, than it will kill you in 1-2 seconds. This gear gap and extreme gear based "PvP" is a joke now.

  10. #20
    Senior Member Turambaredolas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Taris (Nuia) | Alexander (Haranya)
    Posts
    1,893
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonn View Post
    I havnt done the math on this, so I will take your numbers. First, I dont see Diligence Coins and Kyrios Badges as helping my mains. Sure it is cool buying stuff for my new alt, but they dont make my main characters any stronger. In fact, all the time spent on my alt is time not spent building up my mains. Now the Honor, Gilda Stars, and Labor Rechargers are a fair point, since they can be traded or converted to gold. Let me run some numbers by you:
    Anything you can get from the pass that is tradable or can be used to get tradable items = increase of gold = helps your main character.
    Gilda Stars -> House designs, etc ~ I don't know the prices but you should get at least 1g/gilda -> 150 gold
    Honor Points -> Lunagems ~ at least 150g/gem on my server -> 72.000 honor/ month is worth more or less 1500 gold
    Diligence Coins -> Expansion scrolls, house designs, etc with a bit more than 2g/diligence coin you get ~2.500 gold
    Kyrios Badges -> Stat Migration Talisman ~ 40g/30 kyrios -> 160g

    So if you are selling all that you get roughly 4.3k gold which does not seem that much considering it's in a whole season, but you can also use those to boost your main character. 24 Luminous Migration Talisman (4 on 6 character each) and can be almost done with the stat migration in 1 seasons without ever entering the arena. 60 Lunagems (10 on 6 characters each) while you have 58 gem slots if your gear is lower than mythic (undergarments not included).

    But we are missing the point again. I wanted to show you that another character on the same account on the same server definitly means a boost. And if they allowed people with the gold or archeum pack to make a third character on the not-fresh start servers it would put everyone else (who does not buy it) at a disadvantage.

    Quote Originally Posted by Firenation View Post
    you say these people here x6 characters but how are you doing coinpurse quests or kill hostile players or burn labor or vocation quests for all x6 characters? lets say it is quite easy to do for x3 characters (while x2 alts without gear or any coin purses on it that you only uses these x2 alts for burning labor mainly...) then how do you do the same things for the remaining x3 characters?... labor is shared already; and I don't think you play the alts like your main character so how do you do all of these? Are you a no life player or jobless player or a rich person in real life with tons of free time or what? You talk like to play x6 characters to do archepass is easy... Noone has free time like you...
    full-time job, payment slightly above minimum wage

    But what you said made realize that it may be the other way around. Since I don't really have a lot of time to play from monday to thursday, I don't value labor points that much on those days so spending them on the pass is ok for me. And those who either have the time to use labor to its full potential in gold-making might not be ok with it. Or people who can play daily and at least attempt to use labor to its potential.

    This is how I do it:
    Basically the only archepass quests I complete are: bluesalt bonds, gain exp, labor use, synthesis, and vocation.
    Bluesalt bonds: can later on be used to get more honor points or on other activities so losing some gold on getting them is ok. Of course you need to check which materials are worth it.
    Gain exp: through high proficiency or mobs
    Labor use: through proficiencies, fortuna boxes or through synthesis (if that quest is up as well)
    Synthesis: Synthesize explorer gear T1 is cheap and easy -> I take 2handers + Rank 1 infusions which costs on average 10.5 silver/sythesis process. But it doesn't boost you directly of course.
    Vocation: Only the family quest at the community center (on characters that are residents of a region). Having an upgraded house with a task jar would make it easier, but I don't have any of those.

    As you can see I don't even open the first mission for my alts. In the second and third mission, I reroll when I don't do the quest (e.g. coin purses) or I don't have the ressources (losing 50g on handing in 100 lumber? no, thank you). You just need to make sure not to reroll asap because you will often get the very same quest you just tried to reroll.


    Quote Originally Posted by Firenation View Post
    Shortly, there are many problems in the game, you complain about one extra character ticket...
    I am painfully aware that there are other, more severe problems at hand, but that does not mean that we should suggest something that causes even more problems.
    I don't complain about "one extra character ticket". I complain about "one extra character ticket by paying for it."
    A child of song, a child of rage
    Abandoned in another age
    Now ancient hate and rhymes that bind
    Make paradise a tomb divine
    And demons trapped in beauty’s thrall
    Hunt those who heed the bloodsong’s call.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts