+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Boycott AAU Servers!!!. Paid updates? Really?

Boycott AAU Servers!!!. Paid updates? Really?

Wehen AAU started, Gamigo promised us that updates will be FREE, without paid patches \ updates.

Now we see that its not trught! We must purchase DLC pack to enter Garden.

lets boycott their servers as we did with legacy !!
    Gamigo is same Trion, same company with their lies.
    We don't have a stable servers, support is horrible. Lags, bugs not haven't fixed since launch and now they ask us to pay for updates? Really?
    it doesn't matter what khorlan is now. He was a face of your company, told us that all updates for ArcheAge unchained will be FREE!. When we bought that game we based on that promise! Otherwise we could continue playing legacy. Now you are telling us he lied ? so gamigo lied ?

What we see here - another one P2W on another angle. You still could to play AA:U but high-end content like T3 erenor and T5 hiram will be blocked, while you don't buy DLC.

Quote Originally Posted by Daymio View Post
    What we see here - another one P2W on another angle. You still could to play AA:U but high-end content like T3 erenor and T5 hiram will be blocked, while you don't buy DLC.

Where is a connection in your post to my post? I'm talking about paid updates. DLC is update.

I always said that the business model of AAU we had seen so far wasn't good enough to maintain the game. I didn't expect this turn of events though.

Putting fun content behind a paywall as long as you don't benefit too much from it = ok.
    Putting end game gear behind a paywall (even if it is a considerably low one) = devastating

I am expecting an outrage from the community, dropping player numbers and another drop of reputation of the game ...

Now if you had been open about this business model from the very start, it would be ok now, but you weren't ...

I am just speechless (which can be seen by me using "..." which I had managed not to use anymore for years - sorry for that)
    A child of song, a child of rage
    Abandoned in another age
    Now ancient hate and rhymes that bind
    Make paradise a tomb divine
    And demons trapped in beauty’s thrall
    Hunt those who heed the bloodsong’s call.

Quote Originally Posted by Valakas View Post
    Where is a connection in your post to my post? I'm talking about paid updates. DLC is update.
    The connection is that you need to have the garden update to go for erenor t3 and hiram t5 including extreme amounts of additional exp unless the game was changed from what KR has.
    A child of song, a child of rage
    Abandoned in another age
    Now ancient hate and rhymes that bind
    Make paradise a tomb divine
    And demons trapped in beauty’s thrall
    Hunt those who heed the bloodsong’s call.

Better add Apex in game shop. It's better bcs now ppl p2w too, but w/o "legal apex".
    & with apex all ppl can play to "all game", not "parts".

apex better if you need "more money".

I do agree that paying for DLC while they gave the impression that a one time purchase was all that was needed is misleading. I don't think that they're making enough in sales. In fact I see more players leaving. There is just not enough content and more of the same grind with an altered title. However you do see games like Guild Wars that while you buy the base game, expansions are also paid content. But obviously the studio behind GW2 is a bigger company. If there was new land/zones, new races like we were promised when Jake Song was around and maybe a balanced out class system instead of being ran by mageballs and Ebonsongs it might be different and worth the fee. I myself and in between paying for the update or just saying the heck with it and wait for New World and the many other titles launching this year. It's unfortunate because I have been around since day one on legacy. Seen the game change for the better in many aspects. But there is still so much lacking and I'm not sure the upcoming update with it being not as big as they make it out to be worth the money. I would pay for new races and new zones. But not access to next tier and a new instance. I'm not even all the way past Legendary yet on my gear. But yeah. This is probably going to push a lot of people away so don't be surprised when land starts opening up even more and they need to merge servers. Or they'll let it die and sit there like the last frest start servers. But who knows? They probably don't even read these part of the forums and we're just talking amongst ourselves.

This is clearly in violation of what Gamigo advertised to players. See also http://forums.archeagegame.com/showt...ted-game-rules

You annouched an UPDATE/PATCH not a DLC! A patch which was a non-paid patch at korea! Why we have to pay for an upcoming patch with content which is already there? Yes, I agree, I´m able to play AAU as well without that patch but cmon guys... T5 vs T4, new mats, new infusions.. 2 class splitted community on one server can´t be fun at all!

And then: Freshstartserver.. did you guys ever checked out the current server? Hell yeah 6 twinks for one player and housing is rare but do you see any traffic..look in our ah´s..they are empty af..never seen such a empty ah exept those on Ezi

Don´t make the same mistakes twice! We got this on legacy and we wont want that at AAU!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Turambaredolas View Post
    I always said that the business model of AAU we had seen so far wasn't good enough to maintain the game. I didn't expect this turn of events though.

Putting fun content behind a paywall as long as you don't benefit too much from it = ok.
    Putting end game gear behind a paywall (even if it is a considerably low one) = devastating

I am expecting an outrage from the community, dropping player numbers and another drop of reputation of the game ...

Now if you had been open about this business model from the very start, it would be ok now, but you weren't ...

I am just speechless (which can be seen by me using "..." which I had managed not to use anymore for years - sorry for that)
    +1

Idc how cheap garden update is, so long as it puts endgame gear/content behind a paywall that affects the meta and quality of the experience, i'm done.

I'm not falling for the sunk cost fallacy. I'm not condoning predatory business practices in MMO's.

If it's unsustainable, switch it to a monthly sub model where you can -only- play if you are on the monthly sub.
    If it's just the circumstances with cornoavirus and it's hitting the company hard or something, ask us to donate if we care about the game - don't do this. Paywalling content is literally worse than what trion did, and Trion let scammers and exploiters run rampant in plain view of other players every day for weeks.
    You've got to push the boundries pretty significantly to undermine this game more than they did.
    If you stare too long into the Abyss,
    you'll make the abyss blush.

<Noumenon>

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast