+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Why can't we just get a normal server?

Why can't we just get a normal server?

Server without alts.
    Server that does not force you to do everything every day.
    Server that has a way for new players to catch up.

Change the rules for that new server to be 1 account only.
    Make all the repeatable quests (including quests for the arche pass) stack. Make the arena/dungeon entries stack. Remove the labor cap and keep the labor regen the same. Do not lock old arche passes. (Edit: When I say "stack" for a daily quest I mean: if you skip the quest 1 day on the next you can do it 2 times).

This is a pvp based game. That means you have to be competitive. In order to be competitive you need to utilise all the resources you have. You are forced to utilise those resources today because they will be lost tomorrow. That burns players out because this is not fun. I am not saying you need to remove that content, but just allow us to choose the time when we do that boring content.

Alts are even worse than that. You are forced to do all the things I mentioned erailier up to 6 times...

And if you want to think about the new players. You can make those limited resources stack for everyone since the beginning of the server. That way each new player may have a chance to catch up if he puts enough effort.

Limitations are in game to slow down "Inflation" of game. If you get unlimited labor (no labor), unlimited dungeon/arena and same rewards-drops that generate huge gera gap and new players will have less and less chance to catch up. +this version balanced (?) to this limitations. Reworking whole system (crafting recipes, gear requirements) is too big development. If we got simple "swith on - switch off" version that game will be totally broken.

If you can stack broken reward-quests and more resources that mean multiaccount users can use more accounts. They have to spend labors in every 2-5 days/account. Thi is huge opportunity to start +5-10 accounts... oh? I am sorry. it means... Some of my friends will start the game.
    If we get balanced no limit servers that mean whole game will change to time gated self farmed, 0 economy server. Afk processing, afk crafting, pointless mass production in 0-24.

The problem is not the number of accounts in game. The problem is YOU CAN SHARE your resources and Gamigo doesn't have real cheap and safe solution to detect and remove cheaters in this system (without false positive bans, and huge loss in charge backs). If Gamigo locks or removes trade options that make game fair. But this change removes one of the strongest part of the game. But AA will never be fair game without real prices/trade control. Your "friend" will send you erenor T3 weapons and 10k golds because they want to help you. "Someone" buys potato vs 1500 gold. Someone will craft erenor weapon for you for free. It sounds real. But this is the current system.

Quote Originally Posted by mikroman View Post
    Limitations are in game to slow down "Inflation" of game. If you get unlimited labor (no labor), unlimited dungeon/arena and same rewards-drops that generate huge gera gap and new players will have less and less chance to catch up. +this version balanced (?) to this limitations. Reworking whole system (crafting recipes, gear requirements) is too big development. If we got simple "swith on - switch off" version that game will be totally broken.

If you can stack broken reward-quests and more resources that mean multiaccount users can use more accounts. They have to spend labors in every 2-5 days/account. Thi is huge opportunity to start +5-10 accounts... oh? I am sorry. it means... Some of my friends will start the game.
    If we get balanced no limit servers that mean whole game will change to time gated self farmed, 0 economy server. Afk processing, afk crafting, pointless mass production in 0-24.

The problem is not the number of accounts in game. The problem is YOU CAN SHARE your resources and Gamigo doesn't have real cheap and safe solution to detect and remove cheaters in this system (without false positive bans, and huge loss in charge backs). If Gamigo locks or removes trade options that make game fair. But this change removes one of the strongest part of the game. But AA will never be fair game without real prices/trade control. Your "friend" will send you erenor T3 weapons and 10k golds because they want to help you. "Someone" buys potato vs 1500 gold. Someone will craft erenor weapon for you for free. It sounds real. But this is the current system.
    Not at all, limitation will stay the same. If you skip one daily 5 days in a row on the next day you can do it 6 times. This way the limitations stay the same but it is up to you to decide when to do things. The same thing goes for dungeons and arena entries. And for labor I am saying to remove the labor cap. Meaning the labor regen will stay the same and the progression sill stays limited.

I agree the change I am suggesting does not work well with alts. That is why I want alts removed. Even if this change does not happen alts still continue to ruin the whole game and economy.

In the system I am suggesting you can catch gold sellers and alt users easily. You have track of what quests have been done and what resources have been used. The people who have used all of their resources will be on top of the score boards. Those people will have roughly the same gear score. If there is someone with significantly higher gear score that is a clear indicator that he is either buying gold or using alts.

You can also distinguish alts and goldseller from normal players if you can calculate the netwroth, income, output of the character. The income is somewhat consistent. The networth eiher stays the same and there is a constant output or the networth piles up and there is a one time big output.

They can detect alts and godsellers if they want. There is no difference between an alt and a gold seller. They don't need a method that catches all of them at the moment when they break the rules. If they implement something that cathes only 5 godsellers/alts per week and bans them that would be enough to discourage people from breaking the rules.

Quote Originally Posted by rewtew View Post
    Server without alts.
    Server that does not force you to do everything every day.
    Server that has a way for new players to catch up.
    The problem is the gear progression design in its core (as it was based on p2w):
    • You need alts to get ahead in the endless progression grind.
    • You need to do everything every day to get ahead in the endless progression grind.
    • You can't catch up because of the endless progression grind.
    In order to 'fix' the game, launching something like ArcheAge unchained isn't enough. You need to change the progression system; mainly cut down on the endless vertical gear progression by a lot. The game could easily have a handful less of grades and tiers.

If you could reach 80-100% of the 'max gear' score by playing e.g. half a year like a normal human being; then there wouldn't be the need to have alts, daily grinds, and catching up would be possible for new players.

Hell, even the labor system would work out just fine (I actually like the labor system). And if people decide they need alts because they want to reach that cap in 3 months instead of 6 months, then so be it. But they wouldn't be at a significant advantage for a long period of time anymore.

For the remaining endgame you could still have the 0-20% gear difference; multiple gear sets; houses, boats, pets, cosmetics and so on.

(And of course the game would benefit hugely of a fixed crafting and trading system)

this is a business project and the company must earn money, altos bring money, if you pay 1000 dollars for 1 account, I think they follow the server you want, where 50-100 rich games will play

Quote Originally Posted by foxy View Post
    this is a business project and the company must earn money, altos bring money, if you pay 1000 dollars for 1 account, I think they follow the server you want, where 50-100 rich games will play
    "The company must earn money"

Well.....you know they have a really odd way of "earning money" I dunno, seems kinda weird to scare away your paying customers, drop population and subs, go from buy to play Unchained to buy per content release, and trion bankruptcy. If they're trying to earn money they're doing something seriously wrong....
    Truth:

Trion and XL games hates everything I say because its the truth and stings like fire.
    Exposing the weaknesses in your circuit would send most to react in a way to fix the chain.
    Instead we get to see an awkward teen afraid of its flaws hiding them under the rug.

maybe it's just me ,but I think the main issue is making gold in archeage; versus all the goldsinks is imbalanced. And thats probably why some people are willing to risk their accounts to buy gold to get anywhere in game.

I guess I'm one of the few that just enjoys the game and I gear up gradually and will probably get wrekt more often than not in pvp. Because I'm all over the place and I'm not treating the game like a job and burning myself out.

Ofc this has its drawbacks lol by the time in decently geared the game will probably be dead or merged with other supergeared servers and I will get wrekt more XD
    Darknmystical kyrios elf

why are you asking this? don’t you know what they do not care about all our requests? Tickets are not read for months, and your post on the forum even more so. Humble yourself and play while this cow is milked.

Korea has a server you mention but neither Trion or Gamigo didn't bring it at all.

PvP server: one player can open one account and one character to play and every map is war zone and these hiram dailies are weekly.
    Among the guilds a time where
    the Elven-kings under the sky,
    where Dwarf-lords in their halls of stone,
    where Mortal Men doomed to die,
    the Ferre in the wilds and Warborn
    lived in harmony In the Land of Nui but,
    The One Guild was only for
    the Dark Lord on his dark throne
    In the Land of Nui where the Shadows lie.
    One Guild to rule them all,
    One Guild to find them,
    One Guild to bring them all and in the darkness bind them in the Land of Nui where the Shadows lie.

+ Reply to Thread