+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Refunds?

Exclamation Refunds?

So, they made their point, and don't care about what we think about it, they'll do as they want, and if that's how they want to do it, ok.

But by law they must give us the option to refund, right? since they promised "a" and are delivering "b", i'm well aware that asking a refund will terminate permanently the account, but also i have no intentions to play now that i know i'll have to keep paying for content that's already created and free on the rest of the world

how can i ask my refund?

You can ask it but you will never get refund after 8-9 months.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomazelli View Post
    So, they made their point, and don't care about what we think about it, they'll do as they want, and if that's how they want to do it, ok.

But by law they must give us the option to refund, right? since they promised "a" and are delivering "b", i'm well aware that asking a refund will terminate permanently the account, but also i have no intentions to play now that i know i'll have to keep paying for content that's already created and free on the rest of the world

how can i ask my refund?
    That's not how that works.
    If a company advertises A, with a promise to deliver B in the future at the same cost, delivers A, and then says "look, I know we promised, but it turns out we actually need money," they still delivered on A. You realistic choices are:

1) Be angry about it, refuse to give them any more money
    2) Accept it, refuse to give them any more money
    3) Accept it and continue to pay money for stuff
    4) Be angry at them but continue to pay money for stuff.

They're not going to entertain you saying "the (up to) 8 months of use of your servers I've had was cool and all, but now you're charging for this new content, I want that $30 back"

Well, false advertising is a law in every country i know of
    It doesn't come with an expiration date, specially if the promise is exactly about what to expect in the future

And, by all means, if you wanna still play it, do.

Not sure the problem here. For your payment, they promised you get access to an FS server, the expansion and some old outdated costumes and a few credits. So you paid them. What do you believe they are not giving you?
    Is it that they have to charge for expansions? Most buy to play games work that way.
    They have to make money here somehow. It's either that or scrap the game. Massive Plushies and old costumes are never going to be big ticket items. They don't sell half what they should be selling in the marketplace, (like really, freighter tickets as freebies you can pick up on alts on the archepass?? Who ever came up with that bad idea to guarantee they don't make any money?) so this is what they're choosing to do instead. It's still WAY WAY WAY cheaper than subbing on Legacy.

Quote Originally Posted by Famoussnuffy View Post
    Is it that they have to charge for expansions?
    Gamigo explicitly told people before AAU launched that:

1. All future content would be free (This is in their FAQ AND in an interview the head of development gave).

2. They specifically stated that all people who buy the game will have equal access to gearing and professions. By mandating a DLC purchase, they are violating this as well.

I think those would be the reasons people are "upset". They were told and sold one thing, and now there's a bait and switch.

Much of the fault here lies entirely on Gamigo. They released AAU with much of the functionality broken and buggy, which caused many people to quit (thus reducing their potential revenue stream, particularly from the premium archepass sales) and they charge exorbitant prices for much of the stuff in the cash shop. For example, $50 for a costume that should be $10 tops. If they were selling 500 costumes @ $10/pop vs 10 @ $50/pop, they'd pull in a lot more cash, etc.

Now they want to stick it to the players instead of fixing these underlying problems.

i won't keep that "back and forth" questions people, you don't need to white knight the company, they won't reward you, and your personal opinion don't change facts, they promised the game wouldn't have DLC's, it was an interview with the vice president of the company Mervin Lee Kwai III, between a lot of other things, here are some quotes

[mleekwai]: The Buy-to-Play version of ArcheAge is not a new topic internally. It’s a project long in the making, originally under the banner of Trion, believed in and supported by XLGAMES, and brought to life by gamigo. It’s been a long journey and everyone on my team has always dreamed about it being a reality. It happened, finally, and here we are.

Ragachak: On the topic of payments, will players who purchase ArcheAge: Unchained on September 30th have additional expansion purchases at a later date (such as WoW/Final Fantasy expansions)?

[mleekwai]: Nope. Future ArcheAge content updates/expansions will be provided free of purchase, as they always have been, on both the Legacy and the Unchained version. We have some exciting stuff coming up toward the end of this year and an amazing content roadmap planned for 2020 and beyond.

it has no loop holes, it's crystal clear, they advertised the game would be a one time purchase and that's it, i won't be answering anyone else who comes trying to defend that behavior, if you want to still play the game, good for you

but i don't like being treated like that

i bought the most expensive pack trying to support the company back then, bought stuff on cash shop, and i personally feel betrayed, if you don't want to claim your rights, good for you, but i want mine

it wasn't an intern who said that, it wasn't someone low rank, it was the vice president of the company by that time

Tom, honestly? No chance. An ye, it Barney here.

You guts do know that there was a class action lawsuit against a company that initially made these types of promises and did not fulfill everything they advertised. And the company lost and settled. And THAT is current events.

Now, before jumping on the legal band wagon, ya gotta evaluate exactly what the impact is going to be. First, in the above example the situation was a direct monetary issue. In this situation, the monetary amount is much less so how much are people willing to spend to get back their 50 - 200 dollars ?

Additionally, forcing the company to abide by the original declarations may quite possibly simply end the game. They tried this business model, the business model is failing, but the model is set in stone. Ergo - End the Game.

This model did not work as it has, for example in ESO, IMHO because of the Gear situation. In ESO literally Everyone will gain the best gear in the game. The competition is between the skills players use and how effectively they use them. In this game the highest gear can Not be gained by everyone, and only a select few ever get to be the Top Geared characters. This is for a number of reasons, but primarily Time. Real Life takes precedence over Games. Many people do not have the Time required to obtain that top level Gear.

And This is what continually causes AA to fail. As long as Gear level is what separates the characters, this game will always Die over time. People get tired of Losing. People get tired of Not Being Competitive. You can start AA over and it will be fun for 6 months and then players will quit because they are No Longer Competitive and they know they Never will be.

So I do not recommend the lawsuit option. But this game is predictable because it has an already established track record, and it seems the Devs just refuse to accept the the Gear Score issue is what is killing the game over and over and over.

IMHO

Quote Originally Posted by Tomazelli View Post
    how can i ask my refund?
    Start with filing a complaint at the BBB then organizing a class-action lawsuit.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast