+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Gear Upgrade - what to do first

Gear Upgrade - what to do first

Hi there,

So im a fanatic with cloth armor. Im also farming lether armor since i dont know if i want to have cloth or lether armor in the Long Term yet. Everything i have is currently @ T0.

Im using a 2H weapon which is @ T2 unique. Its already +16 with 4 crit. Dmg lunagems. So it Worth to put my gold in the weapon to make it T3,+18 with full gems until i decide to run with cloth or lether armor in long term? I want to progress so hardly and im thinking about investing my gold and LP fully into my weapon before investing it into something else.

I would appreciate your thoughts.

When you say T0 am I right to assume that you mean Explorer Gear at unique?

I'd usually advice against not upgrading your armor, but if you are really not sure yet, you should focus on:
    *staff + temper
    *bow
    *instrument
    *gems of those 3
    *cloak (level 3 guild)
    *accessories (illustrious/noryette)
    *getting gold
    *saving up infusions

What you are losing out on at unique explorer gear:
    *3rd synthesis stat
    *high values in defensive stats and synthesis stats
    *power of the armor grade buff
    *power of gems (no gemming before you are sure you want to use the item)
    *gems of the armor items (crit rate, pvp survivability stats like resilience and toughness, parry/evasion, certain skill boosts,...)
    A child of song, a child of rage
    Abandoned in another age
    Now ancient hate and rhymes that bind
    Make paradise a tomb divine
    And demons trapped in beauty’s thrall
    Hunt those who heed the bloodsong’s call.

Hey, thanks for your quick answer. By T0 i mean its hiram, but its not awakaned yet. Is that T0 or T1? According to you assumption my gear would be T1. Everything there is at max. I just need to awaken it with my scrolls to the next level. Is geming important in the early stage of the game?

Quote Originally Posted by Kitetsu View Post
    Hey, thanks for your quick answer. By T0 i mean its hiram, but its not awakaned yet. Is that T0 or T1? According to you assumption my gear would be T1. Everything there is at max. I just need to awaken it with my scrolls to the next level. Is geming important in the early stage of the game?
    Yes, it's T1 then and I assume your weapon is T3 instead of T2.
    Since your armor is already at T1, you missed your chance for an easy pre-hiram switch of armor types. You can't get any additional Explorer->Hiram awakening scrolls.
    There is a late-game switch (at T3) but you need conversion scrolls that we got 1-2 months ago during an event so the price may be out of your league (because you need 7 of those which is 4.000 gold on my server.)
    The other option would be to farm new hiram items (grinding mobs in certain areas of auroria). That's the original way of getting them. The Explorer -> Hiram way was introduced with the 6.0 patch as an easy 1-time acquisition of hiram gear.

To be honest I know that some mages prefer leather over cloth, but most run around in cloth. I don't think there really is one that is better than the other.

Cloth has a slightly lower dmg output because of the grade buff of your armor, a lower physical defense, a higher magical defense, more mana, less health and a reduced time of all CCs used against you when you compare it to leather. There are more differences in the KR version of the game but we don't have them yet and we don't know if we get them exactly like this (but it is likely).

My personal list of importance of gems (others may disagree):
    1st rank: head (crit rate), weapon + bow (crit damage), legs (toughness), chest+feet (resilience)
    2nd rank: waist (certain skill enhancements; if you don't use the skills, it is rank 3 with attack), hands (parry/evasion), instrument (attack speed/cast time)
    3rd rank: wrists (attack/worldboss gems, if they apply to your playstyle)
    A child of song, a child of rage
    Abandoned in another age
    Now ancient hate and rhymes that bind
    Make paradise a tomb divine
    And demons trapped in beauty’s thrall
    Hunt those who heed the bloodsong’s call.

+ Reply to Thread