Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Archeage Team post in this thread.   Thread: ArcheAge: Unchained NA Datacenter Maintenance - June 4

1.   This is the last Archeage Team post in this thread.   #1

ArcheAge: Unchained NA Datacenter Maintenance - June 4

Hello everyone,
    On Thursday the 4th of June at 1 am PDT we will be having maintenance on the NA Unchained Servers for a datacenter move from their current location to a new location based out of Atlanta. This is to help improve the stability of the server.
    The expected downtime is estimated to be 8 hours.

This week's normal server maintenance is also planned for a Friday instead of a Thursday for both EU and NA servers. The full details regarding this week's normal server maintenance will be posted later this week.

~The ArcheAge Team
    iArches
    Community Manager EN
    Homepage | Customer Support | Official Discord

things have been pretty stable lately, i say this from Nova Scotia Canada

is there some reason normal server maintenance is not being preformed now, why are you having 8 hours downtime, then another 3 in a day......

Quote Originally Posted by hmumm View Post
    is there some reason normal server maintenance is not being preformed now, why are you having 8 hours downtime, then another 3 in a day......
    Yes, there is. Reread the post.

Why Pacific time and not Eastern time since the server is moving to Atlanta Georgia, where is Archeage Unchained located now.

I would really like to know why it takes 8 hours to change the IP address server side and send the updated client with the IP address change in it to connect to new host server? Could have preemptively sent the server to the new host had everything set up and done a simple re-login patch with an overwrite for previous server IP with the new one for the client... Can we get some professionals in charge instead of obvious interns? (datacenter change is just changing the paid 24/7 hosting location which just changes client side hosting IP address. Server side has to send the server to the new host and have it set up and ready to accept the clients. None of this should incur downtime on the client side other then a relog patch file to overwrite existing server.dat IP address to the new one to link to the new host.)

I remember when Archeage one you pay by month ,not (Archeage unchained) first launched, we played it for about 1 month and the server had fatal crash and was down for number of days. There may be other things that we are unaware of that take place in the move to Atlanta. You must be a youngster yourself for all the name calling (tis tis) interns really.

Quote Originally Posted by macpen View Post
    Why Pacific time and not Eastern time since the server is moving to Atlanta Georgia, where is Archeage Unchained located now.
    Right, it would decrease the downtime by 3 hours!

Just a humor thought. maybe they are literately picking up the server. putting it into the back of a truck, and driving the thing to where it is going. How ever given the size the servers must be even a data migration would take quite some time. A gaming group that i run with had to do this a while back for our private servers. Took quite some time. Thinking we should be happy it is only 8 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by DDOS View Post
    I would really like to know why it takes 8 hours to change the IP address server side and send the updated client with the IP address change in it to connect to new host server? Could have preemptively sent the server to the new host had everything set up and done a simple re-login patch with an overwrite for previous server IP with the new one for the client... Can we get some professionals in charge instead of obvious interns? (datacenter change is just changing the paid 24/7 hosting location which just changes client side hosting IP address. Server side has to send the server to the new host and have it set up and ready to accept the clients. None of this should incur downtime on the client side other then a relog patch file to overwrite existing server.dat IP address to the new one to link to the new host.)
    Clearly.. Do you not know what you are talking about. This is not just an IP change willy nilly. I do not know what their setup is, but even it it was just a VM migration, that can take a long time to move. Then you need to consider testing (which I would prefer time is taken to complete, rather than them just trust everything will work). Eight hours is a very short time, if they are able to complete these tasks within that window susccessfully.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast