+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fresh Start -- Taxes before Land Rush?

Fresh Start -- Taxes before Land Rush?

On the new Fresh Start server -- Is there any possible way to generate taxes BEFORE Land Rush? Or are we maxed at 5K labor the first time we build a design when the lock is over?
    “The average dog is a nicer person than the average person.”

Quote Originally Posted by TheOuroborus View Post
    On the new Fresh Start server -- Is there any possible way to generate taxes BEFORE Land Rush? Or are we maxed at 5K labor the first time we build a design when the lock is over?
    To make taxes you need farms or houses. So yes you are limited with your lb on the day of the landrush.

On land rush day, as soon as the announcement comes over that landlock is lifted, you plant and build your free 8 x 8 farm that you get from blue salt questline - it gives you the farm, the 10 taxes and the 1 lumber. Once built, you you create as many taxes as you need to put down your other farms/buildings whatever. You can then pull the 8 x 8 if you want, retrieve it from the mail and place it elsewhere.

MAKE sure you have the labor available to make the taxes - at 0 skill level it costs 300 labor per 5 taxes.

Quote Originally Posted by dumbo View Post
    On land rush day, as soon as the announcement comes over that landlock is lifted, you plant and build your free 8 x 8 farm that you get from blue salt questline - it gives you the farm, the 10 taxes and the 1 lumber. Once built, you you create as many taxes as you need to put down your other farms/buildings whatever. You can then pull the 8 x 8 if you want, retrieve it from the mail and place it elsewhere.

MAKE sure you have the labor available to make the taxes - at 0 skill level it costs 300 labor per 5 taxes.
    Or just place your 24x24 +16x16. You can build and finish that 16x16 fast, craft 1-2 tax than place another building. Or grab larger house/land first than craft 1-2 tax pack in any houses/farms. Land sare less important in this patch version and new servers have average population. You can find lands 1-5 days later too.

Quote Originally Posted by mikroman View Post
    Or just place your 24x24 +16x16. You can build and finish that 16x16 fast, craft 1-2 tax than place another building. Or grab larger house/land first than craft 1-2 tax pack in any houses/farms. Land sare less important in this patch version and new servers have average population. You can find lands 1-5 days later too.
    Won't have the taxes for deposit to place anything but the 8x8 scarecrow first. Probably right about available land. That said, I have the "perfect spot" picked out that's usually quite popular, so I'll be anxious about it. All part of the fun.

Won't have the taxes for deposit to place anything but the 8x8 scarecrow first. Probably right about available land. That said, I have the "perfect spot" picked out that's usually quite popular, so I'll be anxious about it. All part of the fun.
    If you didn't finish cargo BSB quest that is your "mistake". if you have 8x8 and 16x16 farms too than you have 65 tax certificates. You can place any "Large" house or farm. (24x24 is 30+15 tax to place). Let others place that small gardens. Than use them to craft. Don't waste your tax certificates (and 600 labor points) to drop your 8x8!

If you didn't finish cargo BSB quest that is your "mistake". if you have 8x8 and 16x16 farms too than you have 65 tax certificates. You can place any "Large" house or farm. (24x24 is 30+15 tax to place). Let others place that small gardens. Than use them to craft. Don't waste your tax certificates (and 600 labor points) to drop your 8x8!
    That's assuming I'll be able to hit level 50 and run the required quests to get the 16x16 farm. Working on it... at 39 now... that slogging grind between 30 and the pre-45 Aegis power leveling is working my last raw nerve... LOL! Thanks for the tip.

Sadly, no way I'm going to have enough gilda to purchase a 28x28 design before land unlock though. I was hoping for the 24x24, but even 200 gilda for that seems out of my reach. I've got 145 gilda, but it's slowed down to nearly nothing. Just doing the few hunting quests I ain't gonna make it by Saturday.

Huh?

Seems to me this info would completely screw over the player. Dropping a 24 x 24 first means now you have to BUILD it before you can create any taxes. Good luck with that.

Taxes ONLY come from COMPLETED building and farms. Thats why you drop something you can immediately complete. Either the 8 x 8 or drop the 16 x 16 scarecrow while you are carrying a lumber pack on your back.

Hoping that other people are going to supply a scarecrow for you to use is ridiculous. Take care of your own stuff. Running around trying to access tax certs instead of just making your own will cost you more time in the long run.

IMHO

Quote Originally Posted by dumbo View Post
    Huh?

Seems to me this info would completely screw over the player. Dropping a 24 x 24 first means now you have to BUILD it before you can create any taxes. Good luck with that.

Taxes ONLY come from COMPLETED building and farms. Thats why you drop something you can immediately complete. Either the 8 x 8 or drop the 16 x 16 scarecrow while you are carrying a lumber pack on your back.

Hoping that other people are going to supply a scarecrow for you to use is ridiculous. Take care of your own stuff. Running around trying to access tax certs instead of just making your own will cost you more time in the long run.

IMHO
    You do realize that you can craft taxes on another player’s built property regardless of permissions, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Astrofizzix View Post
    You do realize that you can craft taxes on another player’s built property regardless of permissions, right?
    Samll scarecrow - Yes. COMPLETED home - Yes. Large scarecrow - No , UNless the owner sets the permission to public

The point was Maybe they will find an open scarecrow. Maybe they wont. Its best to take care of your own stuff and not have to rely on other people. The amount of time it takes to drop your own 8 x 8 first is irrelevent. It wont change whether or not you get your spot.

+ Reply to Thread