View Poll Results: What would be better?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • Make a FS server with 1 account rule and remove the gold cost from upgrading gear.

    4 80.00%
  • Leave the game the way it is and allow alts to ruin every server.

    1 20.00%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 34

Thread: Some idea to improve the game.

  1. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    1,320
    Quote Originally Posted by Turambaredolas View Post
    If we are talking about hiram gear, it is not really expensive. A full armor set + 3 weapons + instrument at T4 mythic costs less than 55k gold.
    I think tempering should simply have its RNG removed; the gold cost is ok.
    I can agree on removing gemming costs, because you already have to invest resources to get+upgrade the gems.

    On the other hand, the game really needs gold sinks. Otherwise we would have a huge inflation which would make the game harder for people who want to catch up, because they can hardly earn any gold and the price for other items would be insanely high. This gold sink doesn't have to be in the gear progression, but it has to be in a field that makes everyone use a lot of their gold. I can't really think of one that would require everyone to pay enough to counter inflation. High repair costs? Taxes in gold? Hereafter Stones at 1-5g each?
    Or you would have to remove or nerf a lot of things that directly create gold, like gold drop from monsters (minimal, I know), coin purses, trade runs, selling items like baobab to an NPC or give items as payment and not gold.

    I'll take your word for it on the 55k.

    My question is - Where the DUCK are you making 55k gold completely focused on Gear Score? I have been doing stuff to make gold, and doing research as well on ideas to make gold, and I am not even Close to 55k gold earned Total yet. And quite frankly, the reason I have not been able to improve my GS IS largely because of lack of gold. I got infusions stacked up in storage. I got over 200 mythic infusions from the event just sitting there waiting.

  2. #22
    Senior Member Turambaredolas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Taris (Nuia) | Alexander (Haranya)
    Posts
    2,055
    Quote Originally Posted by dumbo View Post
    I'll take your word for it on the 55k.

    My question is - Where the DUCK are you making 55k gold completely focused on Gear Score? I have been doing stuff to make gold, and doing research as well on ideas to make gold, and I am not even Close to 55k gold earned Total yet. And quite frankly, the reason I have not been able to improve my GS IS largely because of lack of gold. I got infusions stacked up in storage. I got over 200 mythic infusions from the event just sitting there waiting.
    First of all, 55k gold really isn't that much if you compare it to the cost for the rest of the gear. It's roughly the same price for an eternal costume or a piece of eternal undergarments. Then you have your gems which are 3k+ each (more than 200k total) if you go for t3 or 1k gold and 24k honor (more than 70k gold and more than 1.5 million honor total) if you go for t1+5. And then there is still the cost of upgrading your accessories.

    Second: Remember how you built and remodeled 16 cottages? That's where you invested a lot of your gold and labor. Then of course there is the question how you earn gold. The game offers tons of ways to make gold and it is up to you as the player to choose which one is the most suitable for you. For example I have alts on your NA servers for fun. And those 3 accounts have only been crafting tax certificates and nothing else to make an income and that is pretty much the lowest paid income because it is fast and easy. After the initial phase of not selling anything (getting to 230k proficiency) I gained a total of more than 60k gold without any real activity. And those characters still have (almost) everything you could get through the Archepass, which would be several thousand more. And I repeat that is what you can get if you do your archepass each week and then log in for no more than 1 minute each day.

    So how much would you get if you actually were active? On my main (EU) I play solo a lot, so I am not organized in a guild, but I have some friends. Yesterday I spend some more time than usual on week days, but not as much as a lot of other players do. My income from dungeons alone was: 130g from abyssal library and another 680g in superior glow lunarite from drops in abyssal library, hereafter rebellion and 2 greater dungeons using only a few labor to salvage the gems. And that is only the beginning. On an active day, you could clear even more dungeons and do other activities. What I am trying to say is: This game offers so many options to gain gold easily. You just need to pick one.
    A child of song, a child of rage
    Abandoned in another age
    Now ancient hate and rhymes that bind
    Make paradise a tomb divine
    And demons trapped in beauty’s thrall
    Hunt those who heed the bloodsong’s call.

  3. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    482
    Labor system is the core problem to my opinion which pushes ppl to having so many alts/accounts. A lot of stuff to progress in gs cost so much lb that you can run out of lb just in 5mins ^^. Making gold isnt the issue. Its starts with the labor. Knowing how to make gold is ofcourse also a good starting point. How many ppl dont have more accounts only because of the labor because they need all the labor just to progress the gear on the main and use other accounts to make money and process mats.
    Next to the labor is owning land which stimulates ppl to have more accounts.


    Original Archeage was about slow progression but ppl want to progess way faster. To do that you need more labor pools (accounts).
    During the years XL made a lot of changes which resulted in more lb and gold sinks all because to much gold came into the world to fast. With that we had the alt issue.
    Its a circle, lb results in alts, alts more gold, highter lb/gold sinks from XL resulting in more alts.
    Changes in tax system of owning land was tackled by ppl with owning more alt accounts.
    its a never ending circle.

    Other issue is the drop rate of stuff and resources. How many dont use alts for honor, items (for example gold crates) and other stuff. What XL wants to achieve (slowing down progression) and what the ppl want ( it doesnt go fast enough) clashes with each other.
    With that you come to the changes to the game which killed the diversity of the game. The game became even more mostly focused on gear and deleted a lot of activities and the open world with that. Lack of real new content.
    And I even dare to say especially on AAU all of this stimulates RMT.

  4. #24
    Senior Member Turambaredolas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Taris (Nuia) | Alexander (Haranya)
    Posts
    2,055
    Quote Originally Posted by reddevil View Post
    And I even dare to say especially on AAU all of this stimulates RMT.
    I wouldn't say it's any different from legacy, but it definitely has a larger impact on AAU, because it's basically community-based p2w.

    Everything would be better if they did not only set certain rules (like 3 accounts or TOS) but were also able to effectively track and punish people who violate those rules.
    A child of song, a child of rage
    Abandoned in another age
    Now ancient hate and rhymes that bind
    Make paradise a tomb divine
    And demons trapped in beauty’s thrall
    Hunt those who heed the bloodsong’s call.

  5. #25
    Senior Member Islyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    636
    Quote Originally Posted by dumbo View Post
    There are legitimate players, in households, that play on a second or third computer to play with family members. They bought and paid for the game too. You can't deny access to the game for them, despite the possibility that someone else is using their laptop just for Alts. And you can't base banning an account on anything circumstantial, like GS or quest development. Legitimate players play this game for their own reasons. Some just want to farm or fish or whatever.

    That said, I have been checking out videos on gold making in Unchained. Some are meh, some have interesting ideas. The Baobob tree option is interesting. No risk, just own farms. Sell fruit to vendor, not have any issue with price drop on AH. Depending on your location, growing your mats and making Gilda packs is a good option. Arcum packs are good, and lavender grows in about an hour on a seed bed.

    You gotta look at this game long term. FS been out less than 2 weeks. I don't expect to really be into a gold making mode until I construct what I need. Got a thatched and 2 16 x 16s that I will remodel. Ranch=house guarantees I never have to rely on people making chicken coops for eggs, grow lavender in 6 seed beds, takes an hour. Arcum gilda pack uses ground spice and eggs. I go do all the Blue Salt hunting quest dailies to store up gildas. And when the economy settles, the Arcum commercial gilda pack should be in the area it is on regular Unchained. 36 - 37 gold per pack. And by then I'll have my Hauler.

    Probably take a couple months to really get things ready and going. Gotta look at the game long term, IMHO.

    Although I like the idea of 0 gold costs you propose.

    IMHO
    My husband and I played side by side for years. His gear is 4-5 k lower than me because he like to do things his way, which is less efficient but more fun for him.
    Everybody loves a Skullknight party
    cuz a Skullknight party don't stop!

  6. #26
    Senior Member Islyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    636
    This poll is stupid. Gives only the outcome you want, or snark.

    How this game USED to work was: Labor was for making gold, and gold was for gearing. Now, because you have to spend your labor at both ends (to make gold AND to gear; and it is much more expensive labor-wise now), people buy gold.

    If Gamigo would handle the botting, gold selling would disappear.

    That's that.
    Everybody loves a Skullknight party
    cuz a Skullknight party don't stop!

  7. #27
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Rangora
    Posts
    2,896
    Quote Originally Posted by reddevil View Post
    Original Archeage was about slow progression but ppl want to progess way faster. To do that you need more labor pools (accounts).
    Original AA was trash p2w. Using more and more accounts was "cheap" alternative to keep active but less rich players competitive in that dirty predatory game model. "want to be faster" was not real objective. Want to be strong like p2w users. That was the motivation.

    Multiaccount "strategy" used weakness and incompetence of Trino. And Gamigo keeps this incompetence in new patch versions/new servers too = more acounts is viable in this versions too. The breakpoints of this weakness:
    - 1 account = 2 accounts: you can use your account in 2 different regions and you can use doubled resources. You use your "alt region character" to generate income and buy patron or trade to main region gold.
    - "limited" resources and "money" are tradeable: you can trade loyalty, honor, ArchePass items and you can trade "money" without limitation. You can break this "Limited" resouces with multiple accounts. You can share land, you can feed your main, you can get "gifts" of unknown "friends" or "family members". And you can trade labor in "crafting requests".
    + publishers have/had weak control in this game. They never risk money. And more accounts = more money. Cheater or goldseller? Does it destroy the game? Nobody cares... Money is money. Dumbest cheaters will get bans MONTHS later or never. This is a joke.

  8. #28
    Senior Member Turambaredolas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Taris (Nuia) | Alexander (Haranya)
    Posts
    2,055
    Quote Originally Posted by mikroman View Post
    Original AA was trash p2w.
    You do realize he wasn't talking about the business model but the game itself. And not during the last years, but in its beginning.
    A child of song, a child of rage
    Abandoned in another age
    Now ancient hate and rhymes that bind
    Make paradise a tomb divine
    And demons trapped in beauty’s thrall
    Hunt those who heed the bloodsong’s call.

  9. #29
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    1,320
    Quote Originally Posted by Turambaredolas View Post
    First of all, 55k gold really isn't that much if you compare it to the cost for the rest of the gear. It's roughly the same price for an eternal costume or a piece of eternal undergarments. Then you have your gems which are 3k+ each (more than 200k total) if you go for t3 or 1k gold and 24k honor (more than 70k gold and more than 1.5 million honor total) if you go for t1+5. And then there is still the cost of upgrading your accessories.

    Second: Remember how you built and remodeled 16 cottages? That's where you invested a lot of your gold and labor. Then of course there is the question how you earn gold. The game offers tons of ways to make gold and it is up to you as the player to choose which one is the most suitable for you. For example I have alts on your NA servers for fun. And those 3 accounts have only been crafting tax certificates and nothing else to make an income and that is pretty much the lowest paid income because it is fast and easy. After the initial phase of not selling anything (getting to 230k proficiency) I gained a total of more than 60k gold without any real activity. And those characters still have (almost) everything you could get through the Archepass, which would be several thousand more. And I repeat that is what you can get if you do your archepass each week and then log in for no more than 1 minute each day.

    So how much would you get if you actually were active? On my main (EU) I play solo a lot, so I am not organized in a guild, but I have some friends. Yesterday I spend some more time than usual on week days, but not as much as a lot of other players do. My income from dungeons alone was: 130g from abyssal library and another 680g in superior glow lunarite from drops in abyssal library, hereafter rebellion and 2 greater dungeons using only a few labor to salvage the gems. And that is only the beginning. On an active day, you could clear even more dungeons and do other activities. What I am trying to say is: This game offers so many options to gain gold easily. You just need to pick one.
    so you think I should have taken my character through and gotten my 8 x 8 , waited for land rush, put down the 8x8, and just burned up labor day after day after day until I reached 230K - which you seem to think takes a short amount of time. And then continue this and sell tax certs which you claim will net me 60k in gold. And after all that I will be able to to get top tier gear.

    you gotta be kiddin me

  10. #30
    Senior Member Turambaredolas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Taris (Nuia) | Alexander (Haranya)
    Posts
    2,055
    Quote Originally Posted by dumbo View Post
    so you think I should have taken my character through and gotten my 8 x 8 , waited for land rush, put down the 8x8, and just burned up labor day after day after day until I reached 230K - which you seem to think takes a short amount of time. And then continue this and sell tax certs which you claim will net me 60k in gold. And after all that I will be able to to get top tier gear.

    you gotta be kiddin me
    You are missing the point.
    The point was, that it doesn't take much to generate gold.
    I described the lowest possible activity with the lowest possible reward which only starts generating gold after wasting 230k lp - that's what selling taxes is.
    And even with that activity it is possible to generate enough gold - if you do it for a certain amount of time - to finance the costs of hiram synthesis. That's what you were asking about ("Where the DUCK are you making 55k gold completely focused on Gear Score?"). And this wasn't about the costs of gems and temper, because those also belong to "top tier gear".

    Besides: I didn't say that this is what you should do. You should do something way more rewarding. And if upgrading tons of houses is "rewarding" to you so be it. But you need to understand that you are using your resources (labor, gold, diligence) for that. Just to give you an overview: I don't know if you upgraded all 16 of those cottages, but if you did, you used resources worth roughly 20k gold for that + a lot of labor on taxes because owning that many properties on up to 3 accounts means that you have an average of +200% increased taxes which means 720 taxes each week (if you own them evenly across your accounts) which are either some 25k labor (at 230k construction) or 700 gold you have to spend each week to maintain those buildings.
    And I repeat: If that is how you want to play, do it.
    A child of song, a child of rage
    Abandoned in another age
    Now ancient hate and rhymes that bind
    Make paradise a tomb divine
    And demons trapped in beauty’s thrall
    Hunt those who heed the bloodsong’s call.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts