+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Documenting and Categorizing Major Bugs [Developers][Quality Assurance][Player Help]

Lightbulb Documenting and Categorizing Major Bugs [Developers][Quality Assurance][Player Help]

I know that everyone is already aware of how frequently the game client hangs/crashes. I'm making this thread to help document the major types of crashes and bugs that must be fixed, and more specifically provide some insight into when and where they occur. I've been doing a bunch of tests and realized these bugs are platform independent problems. I determined this by testing on various hardware and software configurations:

- Altered Audio Settings
    - No multi-threaded rendering
    - Lowest Detail Settings
    - Intel versus AMD build
    - Discord running / not running
    - Nvidia Geforce Experience Loaded / Not-Loaded
    - AMD GPU driver monitor on/off
    - Directly connected Ethernet over fiber versus packets switched through a VPN on a Linode instance. (Which works BTW and reduces ping, but improves consistency.)
    - Main monitor / multi-monitor

The worst types of crashes and bugs are:

Hard Error (Exception Thrown) - This bug tends to occur right at the moment combat is starting, and especially when there are lots of players around. Sometimes this issue looks more like a freeze, and instead of straight closing, the game client will hang for some amount of time before quitting on it's own, or requiring a force quit. The game client should not be crashing more than three times in an ordinary play session, that is not production quality. However, the whole of ArcheAge as a game is quite possible the best MMO ever made, so we all want to see the issue fixed.

Loading Screen Bug - Loading screen gets stuck in a bad state and the loading process takes up to 10 minutes as opposed to 15-30 seconds, and does eventually come back. However, in big raids this will often mean that the player falls behind, which is extremely frustrating.

Combat Bug - Even though the player is out of combat the game can get stuck in a bad state where the player is unable to use any skills because the game still thinks that the player is "in combat". This isn't really a crash, but it happens often enough that every player will experience this at some point or another.

Skill-Bar Bug - Certain skills cannot be used. For example: Turning in a pack at a supply depot, using the glider, mana-bolts after serp glare may never come back. Usually this manifests post-combat or when moving from zone-to-zone. Some skills may be greyed out, including the player's main attack skill, and the only way to fix it is to re-log or fight with any remaining non-greyed skills. It seems that after a half hour of the bug, sometimes it is possible to get it to happen again, which restores skill-bar functionality.

I really love this game, and feel that many of us do. My hope is that a developer will see this and realize that it's something that needs to be done. It would be worth money to us to fix these issues. Let me know if there is anything that a player could do to help solve these issues. ArcheAge is a virtual life to me, and it would mean a lot to have fixes to these issues.

~ reoky ~

Bump

Pls fix the empty brick flower bed i have all what i need but the Bed no working

Quote Originally Posted by OHO View Post
    Pls fix the empty brick flower bed i have all what i need but the Bed no working
    What exactly does not work?

You need the following items in your inventory:
    3 scented leaves
    3 heavy hardwood
    3 royal seeds
    1 local Community Center seed (1 Hibiscus Sapling or 1 Pineapple Seed or 1 Amaranth Seed or 1 Watermelon Seed)

I have used a few lately and didn't encounter a bug.
    A child of song, a child of rage
    Abandoned in another age
    Now ancient hate and rhymes that bind
    Make paradise a tomb divine
    And demons trapped in beauty’s thrall
    Hunt those who heed the bloodsong’s call.

bump

bump

+ Reply to Thread