+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Aggro generation bug for vitalism + songcraft

Exclamation Aggro generation bug for vitalism + songcraft

Hello,

The skill of vistalism (Ancestral) that summon a flower and heal over time make the healer aggro generation boosted over 1200% per seconds (Over 24M Aggro_Points / secs which make tank unable to get back aggro without reseting the aggro with a provoke skill).

This bug effect destroy all nerby aggro because of the aggro generated by songcraft's song on the max health of the flower (2HP).

We already made plenty of test on different bosses, you should take a look on that skill.

Quote Originally Posted by Nielsaries View Post
    Hello,

The skill of vistalism (Ancestral) that summon a flower and heal over time make the healer aggro generation boosted over 1200% per seconds (Over 24M Aggro_Points / secs which make tank unable to get back aggro without reseting the aggro with a provoke skill).

This bug effect destroy all nerby aggro because of the aggro generated by songcraft's song on the max health of the flower (2HP).

We already made plenty of test on different bosses, you should take a look on that skill.
    Are you publicly admitting to using an aggrometer?
    A child of song, a child of rage
    Abandoned in another age
    Now ancient hate and rhymes that bind
    Make paradise a tomb divine
    And demons trapped in beauty’s thrall
    Hunt those who heed the bloodsong’s call.

Knowing the amount of aggro is super easy in that game, are you new to ArcheAge ?
    (I'm stunned of that answer O.O)

You should learn the basic knowledge of the game before wasting your time to answer such things, i'm telling that for you to not ridicule yourself ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Nielsaries View Post
    Knowing the amount of aggro is super easy in that game, are you new to ArcheAge ?
    (I'm stunned of that answer O.O)

You should learn the basic knowledge of the game before wasting your time to answer such things, i'm telling that for you to not ridicule yourself ^^
    No, I am not new to the game and I have in fact played as a tank for some time and I agree that roughly knowing aggro is easy.
    However - please enlighten me: How do you track exact aggro points that are not displayed in the game by default?
    Abandoned in another age

You just calcul them, nothing hard to do multiplication and addition over time while fighting...
    It's the same aggro system as many mmorpg nothing new.

Could you please go a little more into detail? I am asking because I really don't know about it.
    Aggro generation (I guess in other MMOs as well) depends on so many factors that I can't even begin to imagine how to calculate something like that while playing the game.

A healer's aggro basically depends on the heals, right? - Easier said than done.
    How do you calculate who gets which amount of heals in a raid?
    It depends on healing power, crit rate, crit heal bonus, the targets' increased incoming healing as well as the question who is within the range of AOEs and many more factors.
    There also is no description or anything that tells us how much aggro healing gets exactly.
    Which brings me to my last question for now: What are your "aggro points"? Are they 1 health = 1 point? What do you base that on?
    Abandoned in another age

Checked PM - We talked about that other subject in private message.

I played around with the two skills and noticed something that may be related to the bug you described.

When you use healing circle (healing flower) and instantly start playing Ode to Recovery you heal the flower for "-999.998 health".
    And we all know that the game does not handle negative numbers well so this may be a reason for aggro shooting through the roof as well.

ScreenShot0371.jpg
    Abandoned in another age

I forgot to display the received healing of the flower but i was expecting a negative value somewhere XD
    Thanks you for the proof

Did you noticed you were getting aggro with the defense song too ?

Now it explain why a tank cant take aggro if he doesnt have a million dps XD

I was curious and made the test by displaying the healing data, and it seem the buff doesn't occur with me, i tried while the flower was 2HP and 1800HP. But my skill is displaying Rank 3 and yours have no rank ?

=> The defense song still generate aggro without healing for me (but not as much as the heal).

The defense song always generates a certain amount of aggro, but way lower than the healing song. I was once kicked out of an EHM raid because someone was standing in the path of the mammoth while I was playing the defense song from a 20m distance (not Ode to Recovery) and the aggro instantly switched over to me (and the raid leader saw me as the first target of the mob).
    The aggro from the defense song is usually so small that a simple basic arrow on the target by another player breaks through it.
    Abandoned in another age

+ Reply to Thread