+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Is this game active and worth it?

Question Is this game active and worth it?

I played ArcheAge when it first came out, I really liked the original game play before they went full P2W and ruined the game for most. I am looking for a good game to play and was wondering if this one is worth the purchase? Thank you!

honestly no.... unless they fix the gear system its not worth playing. You cant compete in the gear scores to fight other players.

Not worth the time and effort. Most servers are 12k+ in gearscore now which will take maybe 3-4 months to get. I would suggest the fresh start server but they are avg like 8k+ gs now? thanks to an event which gave everyone mythic crates (no point having a fresh start thanks to those crates). oh and lets not forget Gamigo and XL are useless and do nothing but try to ♥♥♥♥ its playerbase over. Find something else to play.

The game its very active yes, but not all the servers. Stena NA is the one I play and yes there a lot of people active, a lot of content being made 24/7. The "Old" unchained servers are very dead from what I heard, except for Tyrenos and maybe Wyn?
    Now ..the problem in this game is the gap that you have between people with high gear score and low players. The game doesnt give you "catch up" mechanics or "low level buffs" like other games, so if you encounter a high gear score player they will moslty kill you with 1 shot. So...
    If your focus is pvp then yes, catching up in this game its very hard and you wont be able to compete in open world pvp for a couple months (until you eventually catch up a little ) but this game its not all about pvp ,there is a lot of pve content to be done and there is a lot of friendly people/guilds willing to help new players (people will tell you the oppossite but thats a lie ) and if you give this game a chance you will discover the beautiful things that this game has to offer.
    I played this game in 2014 and quit , came back around 2018 and started playing again in the Legacy servers with my low GS of 4k !! when everyone else was like 12k+ in gs ..and yes, they killed me like a was an insect but the faction (Aria West) was very united and even with my gs I was able to participate in content like Kraken, Thunder Titan, dailies ,Abysal ,etc . I only stopped playing Legacy when Unchained came out .
    My point is : If you dont like pvp, you dont need GS to enjoy the game, and the game has plenty of things to do that doesnt need High GS to enjoy .
    and a final note : Gearing up in this game is hard yes, but its not impossible . You will get there eventually

The game is going to be around for a long long time. It just will go through some basic phases. If you want to see the final phase of AA go to Legacy and check out Kadum. Huge Mansions and castle like structures are everywhere. And I do mean everywhere, in All zones. Its phenomenal and beautiful what people have created. The down side is there is a change in attitudes. You can hit level 30, and do the quest to become a juror, but there is no crime. It only takes 5 juries to get the bounty hunter cloak but odds are you will never get it. Go to hero hall and there are people around, but since restarting playing on Kadum on a whim, I have not seen a single call for CR or GR or most of the normal stuff you see daily on Stena. And the Legacy rules are a culture shock. No archepass. No diligence. Daily login reward and Loyalty tokens. Very few costumes. UNchained has lots more costumes than Legacy.

There may be only 2 servers, but they are both populated even after all these years. So I expect Unchained to do the same, despite a lot of negative reviews.

IMHO

+ Reply to Thread