+ Reply to Thread

Thread: XLgames announced Archeage 2. What will the Gamigo do?

XLgames announced Archeage 2. What will the Gamigo do?

XLgames announced Archeage 2 being in development at XL, it will be in Unreal Engine 5 which is a huge step up.

https://mmoculture.com/2020/09/arche...mmorpg-sequel/

Qustion for Gamigo - what you will doing? Will you make localization 2.0 ? And what will be with AA:unchained (AA-1) ?

IF GAMIGO is involve in ArcheAge2 -- I for one, will NOT be buying the game. Period.

ArcheAge is entirely fixable. The new expansion and AA2 announcement shows me 2 things.

1. They don't know why people play mmo and why they keep or stop playing.
    2. They don't know how to fix the problems of AA1.

It's so F-ing easy to fix too. The fact that they don't see it or are too suborn to change what needs to be changed makes me wish I never herd of ArcheAge.
    Ray: Kaylin
    -------
    formally: Ray > Valume, Kraken
    Qube: Reckoning, Kyrios, Kraken

Quote Originally Posted by Bobitoz View Post
    ArcheAge is entirely fixable. The new expansion and AA2 announcement shows me 2 things.

1. They don't know why people play mmo and why they keep or stop playing.
    2. They don't know how to fix the problems of AA1.

It's so F-ing easy to fix too. The fact that they don't see it or are too suborn to change what needs to be changed makes me wish I never herd of ArcheAge.
    It is not as easy as it sounds. Repairing AA / AAu is still an old game, on an old engine with all its limitations. The AA2 is a brand new position based on an engine light years away from CRYengine. I am glad to think that there will be a continuation of AA on a new engine, I am only sad about the very distant release date - about 5 years. By this time UE5 will be the old grandfather and will be in the same distance to new games as AA to UE5 now.
    AAU Gildaron - Bliis, Pts1 - Alisee, Pts2 - Bliss
    Real life doesn't exist, its only Afk

Last I checked (a week ago) they want to move it along quickly - hoping to release in 2022 - since there are a lot of pieces that can be applied from the current game.

+ Reply to Thread