+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 33 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Archeage Team post in this thread.   Thread: Upcoming Changes

1.   This is the last Archeage Team post in this thread.   #1

Upcoming Changes

Hello, everyone!

We would like to inform you about the feedback we received from our community survey regarding item sales in ArcheAge: Unchained. We truly appreciate the feedback you gave us as it helps to understand the demands of our community. Based on the majority's vote, we'll make a few changes to the Marketplace and ArchePass in collaboration with XLGames.

We will be testing these changes for some time – this means that nothing is set in stone and subject to change at any time. We encourage you to give us feedback regarding these changes here in the official feedback thread.

We would like to explain the term “Pay-to-Win" item because we have found out that this might lead to confusion. A “Pay-to-Win" item gives an ultimate advantage over someone who does not own this or a similar item. So long as we ensure there are other ways to get a specific item, it is not considered as “Pay-to-Win". If it saves you time, it is not considered as “Pay-to-Win" because you can compensate by playing more or having different tactics.

We will offer a fair gameplay environment for everyone regardless of their playtime, therefore improving the quality of life experience. This will also further improve the overall adventure that is ArcheAge: Unchained and make it the perfect environment for all of our players.

To convey a better impression of the changes, we will be as open and transparent with you as possible. To emphasize that point, we are providing you with the following list of categories with a few item examples that will be available for Credit purchases this week:
    • Bound Anywhere Warehouse
    • Personal Any-Post Owl
    • Bound Arcane XP Restoration Scroll
    • Synthium Soap
    • Saving Pendant
    These items will offer more options in different item categories but will not offer a Pay-to-Win advantage. These items will increase the quality of your time spent in ArcheAge: Unchained and provide a fair chance of progression for everyone. Please note, these items will not be removed from the Diligence Store and will exist alongside its Credit counterparts.

Along with this change, exciting new updates are coming to ArcheAge: Unchained! Soon, you can experience the long awaited 'Farmhand system', explore a new great zone with exciting Raid, and not to be left out, lore junkies can hunker down and dive to new depths in the 'Chronicle Quests'.

Yes you are right it's not p2w but agree with me that you can't compare purchase 50 items for 50 dollars with 50 items for 500k honor. To get 500k honor you need 2 months while for 50 dollars you need 2h of work? As far as you limit the amount and make it close to in game option its fair but when you sell item for 1 dollar while alternative cost 24h playtime it's not p2w but still dirty and easily can be compared to p2w

These changes seem reasonable to me. Good job getting feedback from the community beforehand.

So when you said you took the feedback from the survey on these items then decided to charge for Garden DLC instead you meant charge for them in addition to the DLC? Most people will be fine with this stuff, but they should've been in there from the start then. Most people will (for good reason) see this as the easing in of PTW items cause nobody trusts you. Your definition of PTW is not the community's definition. Based on your definition if I can get an Erernor Scepter in game then it's not PTW if you sell it straight up too?

That definition opens the door to add any item to the cash shop, as long as you can obtain the item in game. Paying for convenience is pay to win, it's just to what degree. Some items are not as big of deal but the community should have a say in what gets put in. You say that is an example of the items, why not post the whole list for the community to judge?

It looks like we are skipping to 7.0, so will the update that adds 20% tax for trade, mail and auction house be included in our version?

It wasnt well received in Korea and wont be welcomed here aswell.

pay to win is anything that grants an ingame advantage or save a player time to achieve. All of the above items listed require time to get for a player not lookign to pay for in game advantages. was that not the empasis on the unchained version of this game, to be fair to all players and have the same advantages to gain items. buy placing items like the above in the cash shop, people can just swipe and have what they want... if you all need more cash from the payers to fund your bussinees then lets add more cosmetic options and items, hair cuts, tatoes, etc.. more weapon and armor images. or even adjust the prices on the current items, like i got to spend 40$ on credits to get like 1 of the higher priced costumes already and some of them cant even be dyed or dont have alternate apearances. try selling items liek character slot expansions instead of just giving them away. for real though, if i wanted to buy stuff from the market that provided me with an ingame difference and not just some costmetic feature, i would of probbaly stayed on legacy. but i came to unchained becouse of the "promoted" thought of having to game for what i wanted and not just swipe for it.

tbh even having a starage chest inyour market is an unfair advantage to somone that need to earn their dillegence to get it. was the point of unchained...

RE: P2W

Look, where do you draw the line on this? i.e. If one spends $50 to get some item(s) that give near instant advantage, versus the only other way to achieve the same amount of item(s) within the game = 50 hours of game play potentially AGAINST players who are a higher gear score due to the purchase of said items?

Are you saying that in order to compete in the PvP landscape when it comes to gear score, one is simply SOL if they don't have 50 hours to play the game versus $50 to stay on par with those dumping money into the game for those items....?

awesome aniversary events though! im guessing the food on the feasting table isnt for us?

You could apply that same "P2W" definition to the legacy servers and get the same justification of adding power to the cash shop. Just because you have the means to grind and grind for an item in game it doesn't justify adding a pay for convenience option to the cash shop and call it not P2W. If you promoted the server and promised no pay to win for unchained then you have to stick to that promise. If you want to add these QoL items into the game and alter/break your original promise then it should be voted on by the community. That being said, a defined line needs to be drawn and stuck too for not adding items into the cash shop that breaks the game. Items that can add power to your character or breaks an economic portion of the game should be strictly prohibited.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 33 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast