+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Archeage Team post in this thread.   Thread: Upcoming Changes

It would be awesome if the different pet auto-loot was added. For just the quality of life value while playing the game I'd spend $20 a month. I imagine lots of others would as well.

"So long as we ensure there are other ways to get a specific item, it is not considered as “Pay-to-Win". If it saves you time, it is not considered as “Pay-to-Win" because you can compensate by playing more or having different tactics."

There's two possible explanations for this sentence.

One, you are honest, and you are way out of touch. How could you forget that Archeage unchained has been built with the philosophy of not repeating the mistake of Archeage legacy. One of the main betrayal of Archeage legacy was the implementation of thunder tree in the shop (You can have them in the game). So you are basically saying this kind of behavior is fine.
    Or, your economic model ain't working, and you try something to get more money. So you play with words and try to get more money out of the cashshop even though you do know that it's not fair.

All in all, i trusted you, after being betrayed twice by trion. Cause you said it was a new team and that we will never see this kind of behavior. If you keep pushing towards this direction, i feel like we need to think about taking legal actions as it looks like a scam. Again.

Synthium Soap = you sell "strategic resources" vs real money. Soap is expensive vendor item = you sell in game money vs real money.
    If game uses limited resources and you sell extra resources vs real money that is p2w.

But AAU has other problems. You launched "New" server than you did everything to destroy the advantages of "new server". You push many contents to accelerate progression You gave us everything for free. Example: High-end "tech" items and houses vs spending labors.
    You sold 3 accounts/player and 2 regions/account. You made problems worst. This is not fun, this is repetitive work in the factory in this system. This changes make game meaningless.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamante View Post
    We would like to explain the term “Pay-to-Win" item because we have found out that this might lead to confusion. A “Pay-to-Win" item gives an ultimate advantage over someone who does not own this or a similar item. So long as we ensure there are other ways to get a specific item, it is not considered as “Pay-to-Win". If it saves you time, it is not considered as “Pay-to-Win" because you can compensate by playing more or having different tactics.
    This is a rather convenient definition of P2W given that it lets you do pretty much whatever you want.

Even if I accepted the general view of this definition, which I don't, it is entirely missing any recognition that the amount of time and effort that goes into getting the item another way needs to be equitable.

One of the biggest issues with AA is that the 'other way' has always been too much effort and takes too much time. It takes more time than can be achieved between content updates. This means that P2W is always kept ahead of everyone else. So sure you can achieve all those items through other means, but never in a way that lets you catch up and play on an even playing field as those that pay for the items. This means the entire thing is P2W and always has been, regardless of your silly definition.

These changes are awesome thank you much appreciated, love the fact we can now buy the warehouse and post owl on any toon, not seen the soap, i know ppl already sell on the AH but why can't we buy for credits then if we want another convenience thing, to me all these things are convenience, auto loot for credit would be great also.

i'd like to see the archpass rewards for premium side rewards higher then the standard side u give to much away for free in that standard side, the price at 1,500 credits is great and extremely fair considering rewards, 1,500 credits is not a lot considering how long that archepass last but we have to make it so ppl are compelled to buy it and presently they are getting far to much for free, i hate to say it but it's pretty obvious it can't carry on like that if u want to make money, yes i want it fair cause i buy it but it's presently far to generous for free.

ppl take the meaning of p2w to far and we need to be able to buy some things especially convenience items.

i'd like to see a lot more stuff in the credit store, decor items like the mushroom pack i've been waiting months for its return.

lel i was there with the thunderstruck trees.

the age old adage you can't please all the ppl all of the time, lets just coast....

♥♥♥♥ you.
    If someone can pay for progress, that is pay to win.
    If I have to work hundreds of hours for an item and someone else can buy it for $20. That is P2W
    This is what ruined regular archeage and it's sad that this game has so much potential but instead of development.
    Instead of opening library back up, instead of content.
    You're just going to milk the playerbase for whales.
    I'm done with this game.

Quote Originally Posted by morfy View Post
    i feel like we need to think about taking legal actions as it looks like a scam. Again.
    I'm not sure about German truth in advertising laws.
    But in the US this would be grounds for a class action lawsuit. They even changed their store page on steam.

What happened to
    "ArcheAge: Unchained makes the whole, diverse world of the original ArcheAge available to everybody.
    Without powerful premium content, the game offers an equal playing field for every style of player.

Power and progression are limited only by your own ambitions."

At the very least I'll be changing my review to a negative one, request a refund, and report you to steam for false advertising

I did a little looking into Gamigo's parent "Media and Games Invest, plc" and boy are they sketchy. Their own majority ownership is through some no-name corp HQ'd in Malta which is basically an EU tax haven. Their Chairman's background pretty much screams "NOT A GAMER" and they're a tiny company by investment group standards. None of that leads me to believe they'd actually have the desire or resources to actually improve Gamigo and its products in any way. lol

I think I speak for the ENTIRE stena population when I say we want $1 serendipity stones. All in all this game is a business transaction. you give us 20 serendipity stones, and we give you 20 bucks. I have no idea why this deal isn't happening. Both parties get EXACTLY what they want. It just seems irrational-- so let's make it happen. Let's not leave any money on the table.

Don't put labor pot in the marketplace(that's bad), if you want an idea of what you could put for credits without making 90% of the community mad it should be stuff like : autolootpowerstone (permanent) those armor conversion scrolls (BOUND) so that if someone is not happy with his gear choice he can change, paying of course a fair price; multipurpose work bench;

Im just here to say that adding labor and that vocation scroll to the marketplace is what i call p2w (even at 1 time purchase) this and the way the "definition" of p2w changed it just tells me that this is going to get worse and just kill what aau was meant to be and end becoming a worse copy of legacy.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast