+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bonus Credits

Smile Bonus Credits

Hello I purchased a pack of credits and did not receive the BONUS credits. I would just like to bring this to everyone attention just in case there is some problem on the web site that prevents it.
    Also I would like to ask the Team to put forward a request to give us advance warning of these bonus credit events as I am sure like myself many of you purchased credits the day before this event.
    It feels like a kick in the face that u release it the day after the new market place update.

Thank you Have a nice life.

Be warry just purchased the "Bonus" credits and got way less than 30%...in fact it appears to be -30% bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by Wairua Fury View Post
    Also I would like to ask the Team to put forward a request to give us advance warning of these bonus credit events as I am sure like myself many of you purchased credits the day before this event.
    It feels like a kick in the face that u release it the day after the new market place update.
    I know how it feels, but it doesn't make any sense to ask for an earlier announcement. Let's say you announce it 1 day before it starts. You would have the next wave of people who bought credits right before the announcement. You cannot make it in a way that allows all people to be happy. The fairest way would be to never have bonus credits at all and that wouldnt make people happy either.
    A child of song, a child of rage
    Abandoned in another age
    Now ancient hate and rhymes that bind
    Make paradise a tomb divine
    And demons trapped in beauty’s thrall
    Hunt those who heed the bloodsong’s call.

Why announce it a day before? how is that even logical? they would have to give a weeks notice to make it worth while. Please think about your response and what I am actually saying before posting.

Turambaredolas if your trying to make some kind of point can your clarify more please.

Quote Originally Posted by Wairua Fury View Post
    Turambaredolas if your trying to make some kind of point can your clarify more please.
    Sure, let me try to make it clearer.

It wasn't your main point, but you asked for an announcement ("warning") of credit-related 'events' (e.g. bonus credits or discount of credit prices).
    I was only referring to this point as you can see by me quoting only that part.

Let's have a look at some examples so you can see why your wish does not really solve anything.

Scenario 1 (No credit event):
    Player A buys credits on a Monday for the full price.
    Player B buys credits on a Tuesday for the full price.
    Placer C buys credits on a Wednesday for the full price.
    Player D buys credits on a Thursday for the full price.
    All players get exactly what they wanted and they are happy because they received what they wanted to get.

Scenario 2 (credit event starts on Thursday, announcement when it goes live):
    Placer C buys credits on a Wednesday for the full price.
    Player D buys credits on a Thursday for a discount price.
    All players get exactly what they wanted. Player D is happy because he received what he wanted to get for even less money. Player C is unhappy because he could have saved some money by waiting. Players A and B are more or less happy because they received what they wanted to get but think about the same as C but with a larger time frame.

Scenario 3 (credit event starts on Thursday, announcement on Wednesday):
    Placer C does not buy credits on a Wednesday but waits for the discount on Thursday.
    Player D buys credits on a Thursday for the discounted price.
    Player C and D are happy because they get the discount. Player B is unhappy, because of the same reasons as C in scenario 2. Player A is the same as in scenario 2 as well.

Result:
    Everyone who buys something becomes unhappy as soon as he finds out that a short time later he could have got the same item for a lower price or with a bonus.

Let's say you want to buy something a little bit more expensive like a tablet.
    You find one that you like, check websites and see that this one costs 500€ at its lowest price. You buy it for 500€ and you are happy that you found this cheapest version. The next day you see an announcement that it will be sold for 350€ the week after at a certain store. You are unhappy again because you could have saved a lot of money if you had known even sooner.

The only way you can try to avoid situations like that is by changing your own behavior. There have always been times when credits are sold for a reduced price and even bonus credits have been a thing several times already. If you truly want to save money that way or get bonus items, you need to force yourself to wait until such events go live or get announced the next time.
    A child of song, a child of rage
    Abandoned in another age
    Now ancient hate and rhymes that bind
    Make paradise a tomb divine
    And demons trapped in beauty’s thrall
    Hunt those who heed the bloodsong’s call.

+ Reply to Thread