+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Returning player...Primeval or Shadehunter?

Returning player...Primeval or Shadehunter?

It's been YEARS since I've played and I seem to have completely forgotten how to do so, so I'm planning to delete one of my characters and starting over. I've got two founder accounts, a lvl 50 Primeval and a 42 Shadehunter. I would like to keep one but I'm not sure which.

I'm partial to my Primeval, but she seems to have suffered the "change" that apparently all female elves went through causing them to now be completely hideous. I'm willing to drop the money to take her to the salon if that is the better class, but I have gotten conflicting data on such. Anyone willing to educate me?

The more I think about I really just need an education on the class/skill system. I'm taking to google, but would appreciate any insight. Why do I always hear bad things about the practicality of the archery skill?

I can't give you any advice on the classes, but there is another argument for chosing one over the other: Access to the new gear system

You get explorer gear in main quests (or from a weapons and armor merchant). You also get awakening scrolls from those main quests to turn your explorer gear into hiram gear in the main quest only.
    Your level 50 character may have already completed the quests so you are stuck with an undergeared character. You would need to invest a lot of time to farm those hiram items. (Depending on when you left the game you may actually not have completed the main quests yet, so there still is a chance.)
    Your level 42 character, however, definitely still has to complete those imporant quests so you can walk that (a lot easier) path to good gear.
    A child of song, a child of rage
    Abandoned in another age
    Now ancient hate and rhymes that bind
    Make paradise a tomb divine
    And demons trapped in beauty’s thrall
    Hunt those who heed the bloodsong’s call.

Heads UP - PLEASE do NOT come back to this game - Its absolutely horrible in every way - but you won't see that for awhile. the game is dying because of the people controlling the game and the changes to the game - Specifically, the ArchePass (Pumpkin) which is a part of the game that every player needs

Ebonsong

Quote Originally Posted by Pennance View Post
    Heads UP - PLEASE do NOT come back to this game - Its absolutely horrible in every way - but you won't see that for awhile. the game is dying because of the people controlling the game and the changes to the game - Specifically, the ArchePass (Pumpkin) which is a part of the game that every player needs
    Thanks, i was downloading (havent played for years) and cancelled it after reading.

That's a shame.

The poster is referring to the 'Unchained' version of ArcheAge which has a different monetisation system. Many of the players on those servers are unhappy about some recent changes in Unchained, which launched with a promise of 'buy once and no p2w'. Some recent decisions by the publisher seem to have deviated from that promise. However, the point is that the 'Archepass' mentioned by the poster doesn't even exist on 'legacy' servers, which would be where your old account is.

The legacy servers are free to play so ...rather than be swayed by another's opinion of a different version of the game, why not try it and make up your own mind?

+ Reply to Thread