+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How do I properly structure a healer?

How do I properly structure a healer?

I'm trying to make a healer and so far I have 4 Vitalism, 2 Battlerage and 2 Defense. What is the main stat for a healer and which armor would be best?

I am playing AAU on the European Fresh Start server.

Vague answers, here we go :-)

Main skill tree:
    vitalism

viable secondary skill trees players use:
    songcraft
    shadowplay
    auramancy
    defense
    occultism

The choice of the second and third skill tree as well as the choice of skills and the way you gear depend a lot on the way you play. But you can always change skill trees depending on the situation.

main stat: spirit
    secondary stat: stamina
    Again it depends a lot on how you want to play. A good healer has high spirit values, but a healer that dies instantly in an attack isn't really a good healer either. Still there are a lot of healers who go for spirit only without dying easily in the later game.

gear:
    You won't get a satisfying answer. Some go for cloth, some for leather, some for plate. And each choice has its own benefits and downsides.

Levelling up is easier with a DPS class than a healer class. I guess that's why you picked battlerage. If you want to level up as a healer, you might want to look at the next lines more carefully:
    When you hit level 25, you can have 6 skills in vitalism to unlock the 4th passive. When you have that, you can make your fights a lot easier. Simply keep using Antithesis on repeat. You will gain stacks of the "prayer" buff which turns into "divine response" at 5 stacks which decreases your cast time significantly (-30%) and increases your damage output of "holy bolt" and "skewer" immensely (+150%). Just make sure to keep that 24-second buff up during fights or you will lose those benefits and don't use "mend", because it consumes the buff.
    If you don't want to do that, you will have a hard time as a healer and you are better off switching to a DPS class instead.

End of vague answers.

PS: Didn't you say you started on Alexander? Did you switch again? Because Alexander is not the fresh start server.
    A child of song, a child of rage
    Abandoned in another age
    Now ancient hate and rhymes that bind
    Make paradise a tomb divine
    And demons trapped in beauty’s thrall
    Hunt those who heed the bloodsong’s call.

Yeah, I switched to the fresh start server. I only have one character right now, but if someone saw this post and wanted to get me in their guild, then I can make a character on their server. But, for right now, I'm on the fresh start server.

+ Reply to Thread