+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Decoration Limitations should be LOOSENED not tightened

Decoration Limitations should be LOOSENED not tightened

Apparently there was a tightening of decoration rules with the latest update. Decoration items can now only be placed where the item info said they could be placed. Mail boxes will no longer sit on a house porch, fences can no longer be placed around my beanstock ground deck. etc. etc.
    This was a step backwards! Instead the item info should have been updated to match all the places the item could be placed, and even one step further, MORE items should be able to be placed in more locations. Fences on rooftops? Heck Yeah!

For a game with open world housing the decoration limits have always been awfully tight and the collisions are very greedy! I want to be able to merge items to create Frankenfurniture, but instead I cant even place items in slightly unusual locations =/
    Please undo this unnecessary rule set and allow MORE random placement than before!

I totally agree, but I have a question:
    What exactly do you mean with "mailboxes will no longer sit on a house porch"? I have never been able to place them there and I can't remember ever having seen one on another player's porch.
    A child of song, a child of rage
    Abandoned in another age
    Now ancient hate and rhymes that bind
    Make paradise a tomb divine
    And demons trapped in beauty’s thrall
    Hunt those who heed the bloodsong’s call.

If you look at those items, they always said the placement was "yard." So really, what they did was fix a longstanding bug that allowed them to be put down in places that weren't yards.

That said, I would really like it if they changed it so items such as mailboxes and chairs could all be placed in a house or yard.

Not sure what else to call the ground floor of a cottage so I went with "Porch" I could put my mailbox there until recently. Now only "ground".
    Yeah they were fixing a bug....but did it really need fixing? A hearty NOPE from me.

It's a feature! Not a Bug!!
    MOAR PLACEMENT OPTIONS PLEASE

+ Reply to Thread