+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Crafting "Equipment Awakening Scroll Rank 3" bugged

Crafting "Equipment Awakening Scroll Rank 3" bugged

First of all thanks for introducing a way to craft Equipment Awakening Scroll Rank 3.
    Since the introduction of explorer gear the lack of access to additional rank 3 scrolls has been a huge flaw in the system and even led to newer players leaving the game (when they had to realize that they unknowingly made a huge mistake and in oder to correct it they need to spend an immense amount of time to grind new gear).

However, the recipe for the rank 3 scrolls cannot be used right now. In order to craft them you need to complete the quest "awaken a brilliant explorer item" or something along those lines. The new guiding quests are triggered by receiving rank 1 and rank 2 awakening scrolls and you can complete them just fine.

The problem lies with rank 3:
    You can only craft the scroll if you have completed the quest.
    You can only complete the quest if you have received the scroll.
    You can only receive the scroll if you have craft it.

Without a rank 3 scroll you cannot craft rank 3 scrolls because you don't have any rank 3 scrolls.

At least that's what I thought until I remembered that an alt still has 1 rank 3 scroll in her inventory.
    So I checked whether I could get it to work on that character.
    Bottom line: It didn't work, I used up that last scroll and nothing happened.
    Moving the scroll from the inventory to the warehouse and back did not trigger the quest. Moving it in between slots within the inventory and within the warehouse did not trigger the quest.

So my question is: Does this even work for characters that receive rank 3 scrolls through the quest line?

Please fix this recipe. Right now no one or only a few selected people are able to use it.

PS: For everyone who had the patience to read through all this: Do yourself a favor and make a new explorer item. You get 3 bound labor recharger (Quest: Awaken An Explorer Item) and 3 bound serendipity stones (Quest: Awaken A Radiant Explorer Item) in the process.
    A child of song, a child of rage
    Abandoned in another age
    Now ancient hate and rhymes that bind
    Make paradise a tomb divine
    And demons trapped in beauty’s thrall
    Hunt those who heed the bloodsong’s call.

He-he. You forgot to say about one very useful achievement for current time, that gives a battle pet with autoloot stone. It will be fixed for old characters, but after event with letters. Maybe...

This has been a recurring mistake made by XL for years now.

They make changes to the beginning quest lines and forget to put in a way for players who are past that point to trigger them retroactively. Then when the player hits a point in the quest line that is dependent upon the changes, they get stuck until a fix is implemented.

Many of the achievements they just put in for the explorer's equipment can't be triggered if the quest was completed previous to the changes.

Synthesize Explorer's Equipment
    - requires "Unidentified Story Quest Infusion: Rank 1" to unlock
    - Can only be acquired from certain quests
    - Infusions from General Merchant are already identified

Proposed Solution: Change General Merchant Infusions to Unidentified version or quest trigger to 'acquire a "Story Quest Infusion Rank 1"'

Synthesize Radiant Explorer's Equipment
    - requires "Unidentified Story Quest Infusion: Rank 2" to unlock

Proposed Solution: Change General Merchant Infusions to Unidentified version or quest trigger to 'acquire a "Story Quest Infusion Rank 2"'

Synthesize Brilliant Explorer's Equipment
    - requires "Unidentified Story Quest Infusion: Rank 3" to unlock

Proposed Solution: Change General Merchant Infusions to Unidentified version or quest trigger to 'acquire a "Story Quest Infusion Rank 3"'

Picking Fireglow Lunagems
    - requires "Faint Fireglow Lunagem" to unlock

Proposed Solution: Put in a crafting recipe or make them purchasable from the General Merchant

Socketing Waveglow Lunagems
    - requires "Faint Waveglow Lunagem" to unlock

Proposed Solution: Put in a crafting recipe or make them purchasable from the General Merchant

Replacing a Lunagem
    - requires "Picking Fireglow Lunagems" be completed to unlock

Proposed Solution: Should unsnarl once "Picking Fireglow Lunagems" is fixed(see above)

Power of the Moonlight(?)
    - requires "Synthesize Radiant Explorer's Equipment" be completed to unlock

Proposed Solution: Should unsnarl once "Synthesize Radiant Explorer's Equipment" is fixed(see above)

Awaken Explorer's Equipment
    - Purchase "Equipment Awakening Scroll Rank 1" from General Merchant

Retroactive trigger working properly

Awaken Radiant Explorer's Equipment
    - Purchase "Equipment Awakening Scroll Rank 2" from General Merchant

Retroactive trigger working properly

Awaken Brilliant Explorer's Equipment
    - Requires "Equipment Awakening Scroll Rank 3" to unlock
    - Can be acquired from certain quests
    - Crafting recipe locked behind requirement to complete quest the item itself unlocks

Proposed Solution: Remove quest completion requirement or change quest completion requirement to completion of "The Riven Gates" quest.

@Elorin: Thanks for going further into detail. I didn't create a new character so I didn't even know about the other quests.

@Daymio: I didn't forget. I didn't even know. Which achievement is it?
    Abandoned in another age

Submitted a ticket won't help for this either. Was referred to make a post and complain about it being bugged instead.

Thanks for doing so. Can't imagine any fix soon.

Angry [BUG] Tutorial quest for creating Tier 3 Exploration Scroll

Hello, I have a problem making a Tier 3 Explorer Scroll. Since the new update we can craft a Rank 3 Explorer Scroll at the workbench in the Marianople Room or Cap Solis. To do this, you have to do the following quests in the tutorials tab. At the end, they tell us to awaken a rank 2 weapon with a rank 3 scroll except that for a person who has already done level 1 to 50 quests we no longer have a rank 3. awakening scroll How to get one to activate the quest that unlocks the crafting.

New players will be able to create Rank 3 Explorer Awakening Scrolls to change specialization and old ones not... :furieux:

I think you will need to have luck and drop it in Aegis ? Maybe u check by pressing 'O' if you can craft the upgraded version' and skipping the scroll. ( i think adventuerer rank 3 is to make quest gear to hiram gear)

We already have a more detailed thread on this problem here: Crafting "Equipment Awakening Scroll Rank 3" bugged

EDIT: Threads were merged so ignore this post.
    Abandoned in another age

In case anyone stumbles on this thread while looking for an answer like I did:

There's now an NPC in the capital cities who gives the explorer's upgrade tutorial quests to characters who haven't done them. I did all of them and now I can craft the rank 3 scrolls.

+ Reply to Thread