+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Alpha Blues

Alpha Blues

So, is the NDA-free alpha and watching the streamers play the game when you can't actually building anticipation or making you less interested?

It was a brilliant idea at first. But...yeah my hype is slooooooooooooooowly dying.

Making me less interested? I just joined ArcheAge Russia. If I had not chosen to do that, I'm not sure how my interest would change.

Here's an example of what happens: In Game Dev Tycoon you can develop and advertise your game. When you first advertise the game you build up "hype" and if you wait too long hype will begin to degenerate, I believe. This is what is happening/will start to happen soon.

I've been watching this game off and on for about two years now.
    I've felt super-hyped, I've felt sad and disappointed, I've felt indifferent for a while, but I've always wanted to play the game just about as much as when I first saw it way back in Korean CBT2.
    You guys might experience something different to me, but although my 'hype' is no longer there in the same way, I still would be really happy to play. I guess it's just the impatience that's faded and the excitement that lingers.
    If you're anything like me, I don't think you need to worry that much. This game is amazing from what I've seen of it so far.
    Sleeping in yesteryear's treehouse.

I implore any and all to do some reading in this thread. Do it for the betterment of society.

Well... if your forum activity gets you more chance of getting into alpha then I am going to be waiting until open beta/launch at this rate. I dislike the forums here and tend to hang out more on the RP forums... where the devs apparently never drop in.

Quote Originally Posted by Pingonaut View Post
    Making me less interested? I just joined ArcheAge Russia. If I had not chosen to do that, I'm not sure how my interest would change.

Here's an example of what happens: In Game Dev Tycoon you can develop and advertise your game. When you first advertise the game you build up "hype" and if you wait too long hype will begin to degenerate, I believe. This is what is happening/will start to happen soon.
    That is a really good analogy. haha
    My hype is still pretty much up there, and might be going away slowly.
    But still I want to play lol
    Member of Prodigy - ~ Strength & Honour ~
    Click HERE to apply now!

I dunno the longer I watch the more interested I get. Kind of bored with everything else right now so I am basically just watching whatever archeage stream is on. I dont want to mess with vpns and all that for the russian game. I will just wait until I get an invite, can get access through a founders pack, or the game is released. Whichever comes first.

I Have recently joined the forums been signed up for beta for a while now and i find the game still holds the same allure it gave to me when i first saw it on youtube during korean beta i dont like the patron status entirely as that means ill have to earn the item ingame. But i understand the need for it and other then that no real complaints that i know of I still want to play it pretty bad hype or no hype archeage has one fan here who would play it even if everyone else said it was no longer popular :P .

Got me on the hype train, but learning that beta is gonna be in events is kind of killing the hype for me :O.. still looking forward to the release though

I got insanely hyped, watching tons of streams. Eventually, I pretty much figured out all there is to know, and I'm a bit worried about losing my excitement. I decided to limit my time watching streams and instead enjoy the other MMOs I actually have.
    Looking to build a PC For Archeage?: http://forums.archeagegame.com/showt...C-for-Archeage

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast